[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

12 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Myers was in his second year with Buffalo in 2011 and Zadorov was 16 years old somewhere in Russia. Most of the current Canucks weren't even in Junior yet. Why would any of them care about what Marchand did thirteen years ago? Ancient history is ancient. Marchand can only haunt you if you let him. Seems to me the best revenge is two points in the wins column.

Seems to me..........that type of attitude got us nowhere in 2011. :classic_biggrin:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Lol I’m not going to quote everyone since clearly a few people disagree and I don’t have the time to quote everyone. But I think the true and real test of finding out if the Canucks are for real IS BOSTON. Boston has been regularly the 1st or 2nd ranked team all season. How we play against them tomorrow and on the 24th will say a lot about how this team is built. Regardless of what you want to believe it or not. Boston is the one team hands on ahead of everyone else in the league. People are saying “I don’t care how they play against Boston the Canucks have already proven themselves”. Well that’s honestly leading to saying if the Canucks lose we don’t care cause they’ve done so and so. NO. My standards are a lot higher sorry to say. What will these same people say if the Canucks lose both tomorrow and the 24th? 

Hope the Canucks win 10000-1 tomorrow but realistically speaking this is going to be a close game and a true test against an actual cup contender. Hope the Canucks depth shines and we get what we hope for.

I would be with you on most of what you say, BUT, this is still just the regular season and the TRUE TEST will come AFTER this regular season is over.

12 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Myers was in his second year with Buffalo in 2011 and Zadorov was 16 years old somewhere in Russia. Most of the current Canucks weren't even in Junior yet. Why would any of them care about what Marchand did thirteen years ago? Ancient history is ancient. Marchand can only haunt you if you let him. Seems to me the best revenge is two points in the wins column.

Nah **** Boston.  Don't forget Chara bringing up accusations of the Canucks pretend Cup celebrations on the ice during practice *YEARS* after the fact for no reason other than to troll Vancouver/Canucks.  **** Chara.  **** the Bruins.  **** Boston.  At least the rat Marchand doesn't do this now.  This makes Chara a BIGGER a-hole in my books.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

With respect, I disagree.  

The current Canucks have absolutely zero ties to 2011 other than Ownership.  

The Canucks will be "up" for Boston because they are the two best teams in the league at current - that's it.  

For the handful of Canucks fans still hanging onto 2011 (13 years ago), they really need to let it go.  

Having said that, it would be very interesting to see a Canucks-Bruins cup rematch.  

I don't expect to see any Canuck player deliberately going after Rat Boy, unless he provokes

one of our guys.  Although, being the Bruins Captain, it sure worked out well for the Flames

when they nailed his hide.  More likely it will be a typical road game; hopefully ending in a

W for the Canucks

Don't underestimate the teams' connection with the fanbase and their dislike for the Bruins.

The noise in the Nuck home building will be a huge factor in how the game proceeds.  The

players' know that whoever gets physical with the Bruins (especially Rat Boy) will become

a local hero.

• Cheers 1

Apparently rat face wasn't skating in the morning..er..skate.

So I dunno if there's better info out there.

Well I know there's better info out there, just wondering if it can be posted in here.

2 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Phil the Thrill coming to Vancouver confirmed. Everybody chip in for a Costco membership and get this man his glizzy. 

6F13E9E6-D57C-4C01-9CCB-D862128F5887.jpeg

Well you can tell he didn't get that body via riods.  He got it via the old fashioned diet (hot dogs & pop).🤣  I think Phil even pokes fun at that so that just sort of endures him to me in a way (doesn't take himself seriously I don't think).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

And zbenning wanted Glass but Trevor forced him to go with the scouts’ pick, then goodness. 

So what you’re saying is Benning did his job and took the scouting staffs word? Benning put forth a heavy scouting staff on Pettersson. Meaning he wanted the groups assurance this was the right pick because Pettersson was ranked anywhere from 5th to 20th and mainly around the 8-17range. That was a risky pick given the rankings. Only one person had him ranked at #5. 

13 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Phil the Thrill coming to Vancouver confirmed. Everybody chip in for a Costco membership and get this man his glizzy. 

6F13E9E6-D57C-4C01-9CCB-D862128F5887.jpeg

my man... must have humongous lungs, look at the length of that torso eating up all that neck...

• Haha 3