[Rumour] Flyers seeking a 1st for Walker

i'm sure they'll get a high second or a late first for walker there's really not that many defenceman available at the tdl that could make a difference.. i mean we undervalue every teams player here while overvaluing ours.. there were many suggestions before lindholm would be worth a 2nd.. and we can easily get tanev with lindhom with 50% retained if we use our 1st and kuzmenko.. or we could have vatrano for as little as a 3rd because he went for a 3rd or a 4th couple years ago even though the guy will prolly be at 30 goals by TDL.. love to load my lineup with potential 30 goal guys for with decent cap hit for a mid pick

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DixonWard said:

Walker is small and mediocre at doing what Hughes and Hronek already do for us at an elite level.  I doubt Allvin would give up a 3rd for him at this point.  He is not what we need, but what do I know.  Tyler Myers is way bigger and has 1 more point in 1 less game and a much better +/-.  Nobody would give up a 1st for Myers.

Walker is a no 5 d man on a good team 

5 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Walker is a no 5 d man on a good team 

Yep, he's a 4/5 defenseman like Ian Cole and Zadorov but he's a right shot. He's a very good skater and a good utility defenseman where you can play him anywhere and in any situation but he isn't necessarily the best option for any. He definitely shouldn't be worth a 1st, but maybe worth slightly more than what we paid for Zadorov given he's a righty. Solid defenseman but I don't think the Canucks should spend the assets on him.

12 hours ago, Leithal said:

I say we just pick up Seeler as depth. A solid bottom pair guy who can skate and is mean. Probably a top middleweight in the league when it comes to fighting. I would consider him an upgrade on Juulsen & Friedman but without a massive price tag. Does a 3rd rounder get it done? Maybe 3rd + C prospect?

I like Seeler's game as a depth D, but really to me he is another version of Kyle Burroughs who we probably could have kept without giving up any assets. I am also seeing an uptick in Juulsen's game both offensively and physically. They were talking about how he has improved on his stretch passes and zone exits since earlier in the season and if he can maintain that until Soucy comes back, I am very happy. I also think he can be a solid depth guy in the POs as needed kinda how Alberts and Rome were in 2011 (until Rome got hosed lol). Juulsen is one of those guys that can be inserted into a series against another physical team to remind them that it goes both ways. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of you underrate Walker.  I personally think he's a top 4 RHD. 

Here is where he ranks among ALL defencemen in the league that have played 450min or more:

45th for CF%

17th for FF%

42nd for xGF%

30th for HDCF%

And that's with 54% defensive zone starts and ranked 47th with 822min played (Quinn Hughes has played about 911 minutes). 

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason=20232024&thruseason=20232024&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=n&team=ALL&pos=D&loc=B&toi=400&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Give you an idea in terms of comparisons, here's where guys like Zadorov and Cole rank:

CF%:  81st and 138th

FF%:  91st and 103rd

xGF%:  101st and 73rd

HDCF%:  93rd and 72nd

Analytics is not the be all and end all of everything, but it does tell a story when a player has played as many minutes as he has on a wild card level team, but still ranks among the upper portion of all defencemen in key metrics.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Didn't he move on from Durzi too?

Yep, that one caught me by surprise. I was surprised they chose Spence over Durzi, but they have had ridiculous RD system depth for a few years. They might have to move or let another RD go this summer to make room for Clarke.

7 hours ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

I like Seeler's game as a depth D, but really to me he is another version of Kyle Burroughs who we probably could have kept without giving up any assets. I am also seeing an uptick in Juulsen's game both offensively and physically. They were talking about how he has improved on his stretch passes and zone exits since earlier in the season and if he can maintain that until Soucy comes back, I am very happy. I also think he can be a solid depth guy in the POs as needed kinda how Alberts and Rome were in 2011 (until Rome got hosed lol). Juulsen is one of those guys that can be inserted into a series against another physical team to remind them that it goes both ways. 

Agreed. I feel seelers an upgrade on Burroughs and still edges Juulsen, albeit the margin is shirnking.... I just think depth never hurts and especially big mean depth on the back end. We've been lucky with injury (knocks on wood).

He also might be a solid fit to replace the likes of Cole/Zadorov going forward if we go that route, with lower cap hit. 

• Like 1