[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

8 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

There is lots going on behind scene 

Friedman said Canucks kicking tires on Risteinen with retention and Sean Walker as well 

Sean Walker’s price is a 1st rd pick. 
Kessel looked pretty slow last year, I’m not sure if this is a good idea. 

• Like 1

They want him to start a cheerleading squad?  That's pretty much what he was during the playoffs last year, looking from the pressbox.

Seriously, he was a big piece for the Penguins in 2016 and 2017 cup runs, but for Vegas he was a non-factor.  

21 hours ago, HKSR said:

I've given you the stats... Kessel produces offensively just as well as Suter, which means we don't lose anything in our top 6 by placing Kessel there in place of Suter. 

What we GAIN is Suter moves back into the 4C slot and vastly improves our 4th line, and the depth overall.

All you've provided is excuses that are based on personal opinion. 

I think you nailed it.  This move puts everyone where they are supposed to be.  In a sheltered role I'd rather have phil on the top line than suter. Suter played damn good with hogs.  I'm sort of liking this th3 more I think about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

They want him to start a cheerleading squad?  That's pretty much what he was during the playoffs last year, looking from the pressbox.

Seriously, he was a big piece for the Penguins in 2016 and 2017 cup runs, but for Vegas he was a non-factor.  

Bleuger was apart of that cheerleading squad as well

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, timberz21 said:

He'd be a decent black ace to have considering he wouldn't cost an asset. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:20 AM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

He's holding a timmy's cup.  He signalled his intentions already.  :classic_ninja:

Funny, there’s no Tim Hortons in Vegas… someone must’ve brought it in just for shoot

Where would Kessel fit on the Canucks' roster?

If the Canucks or their fans are thinking of Kessel as a top-six winger to push one of Pius Suter or Ilya Mikheyev down the lineup, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Last season, Kessel primarily played on the fourth line for the Golden Knights, though he was also on their second power play unit. By the time the playoffs rolled around, Kessel played just four games, all in the first round, and was a healthy scratch the rest of the way as the Golden Knights went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Kessel was able to chip in some scoring from that depth role, tallying 14 goals and 36 points in 82 games, but if he wasn’t a top-six forward — or even in the lineup — for a Cup-winning team like the Golden Knights, then he’s probably not going to be a top-six forward for a Cup-contending team like the Canucks a year later.

From an article today ;

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/should-the-vancouver-canucks-sign-phil-kessel-8277906

How is this guy gonna help us? Make the playoffs? Unless we fall off an absolute cliff we're there already, he's not a top guy anymore lmao. He didn't play past the first round! 2nd PP guy at best. Last year. I'd rather give Hoglander more ice time 1000 times over

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I was literally last week gonna create a proposal thread to sign this hotdog(s) eating GOAT... 😆 😂 

After thinking of it I didn't. I'm not against this idea but tbh the reason I didn't post it is I can't see Phil da Thrill being able to keep up to the speed this forward group plays at plus I didn't feel like taking the ridicule lol.

That being said, I'd definitely sign him for league minimum over sacrificing more assets right now. This team was a middling group for a decade I don't see a reason "to go all in" yet.

It's great just to see us in the playoffs again *knock on wood* but FR barring a complete breakdown this team has grown so so much. I could see us going deep but i dont want to sacrifice a good  prospect with the OEL cap hit coming we are going to need good young players on ELCs.

It's great to see after a long decade of patiently waiting, and always no matter, win or loose, bleeding blue and green!!!!

Sign him for league minimum if nothing else for insurance incase of injury and his experience. Can't hurt having a 3x champ around our younger guys.

Go Canucks Go!!!

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Where would Kessel fit on the Canucks' roster?

If the Canucks or their fans are thinking of Kessel as a top-six winger to push one of Pius Suter or Ilya Mikheyev down the lineup, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Last season, Kessel primarily played on the fourth line for the Golden Knights, though he was also on their second power play unit. By the time the playoffs rolled around, Kessel played just four games, all in the first round, and was a healthy scratch the rest of the way as the Golden Knights went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Kessel was able to chip in some scoring from that depth role, tallying 14 goals and 36 points in 82 games, but if he wasn’t a top-six forward — or even in the lineup — for a Cup-winning team like the Golden Knights, then he’s probably not going to be a top-six forward for a Cup-contending team like the Canucks a year later.

From an article today ;

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/should-the-vancouver-canucks-sign-phil-kessel-8277906

How is this guy gonna help us? Make the playoffs? Unless we fall off an absolute cliff we're there already, he's not a top guy anymore lmao. He didn't play past the first round! 2nd PP guy at best. Last year. I'd rather give Hoglander more ice time 1000 times over

If they ran a line of Kessel Lafferty and Hogs it be an insane 4th line... but who plays centre? Phil has in 4 or 5 seasons over his career.... 

Sign Kessel put him on the 4th line.

Be sick 4th line one best if not best in NHL.. That's where I'd put him, One of Hogs Laff or Kes plays C..

Kessel primarily has played RW but is listed as a RW/C

Suter Miller Boeser

EP40 Lindholm Mikeyev

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Hogs Kessell Lafferty 

Edited by Bobby Lou

35 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Sign Kessel put him on the 4th line.

Be sick 4th line one best if not best in NHL.. That's where I'd put him, One of Hogs Laff or Kes plays C..

Kessel primarily has played RW but is listed as a RW/C

Suter Miller Boeser

EP40 Lindholm Mikeyev

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Hogs Kessell Lafferty 

I'm not sure I'd be taking aman out