[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I’m really not sure whether or not he can help us on the ice.  I DO like the idea of him being in the room however.

Would be a good depth move. Bump Hoglander up to top 6 and Have Kessel slide in to the 4th line with Aman/Laffery/PDG and give him PP2 mins.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Thats got to be one of the silliest post ever.

'73 said his fitness has never been an issue, so i'm clarifying that there's no evidence to support his current fitness level, I didnt say he wasn't in shape, I'm simply stating that using his past and applying it to the current situation (36 year old player who hasn't played in 9 months) is risky.

So you're asking me to provide evidence he isn't in shape? Pretty sure its more relevant that someone prove that he Is

Lol, that's the silliest? Don't be so sensitive. You made the point to clarify that his fitness prowess was all in the past. Phil history is the only thing we know about his fitness level, unless someone knew something about his current fitness issue, so I asked if you had heard anything about his current fitness issue. Everything about Kessels history tell us he is likely in good shape, so don't be so sensitive if someone pushes back if you focus on the fact that's "all in the past".

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

Would be a good depth move. Bump Hoglander up to top 6 and Have Kessel slide in to the 4th line with Aman/Laffery/PDG and give him PP2 mins.

I’m just not sure that he can play at the pace that RT wants.  It would be awesome to be wrong though.

I'm a lil' iffy regarding Kessel. I like him enough. Always have. Even on the hated Bruins and Leafs.

Sure he's 36 and hasn't played in a while. But there's gotta be something said about muscle memory. I mean, I'm sure the dude still has chops. And though he's older, given that his aerobic fitness hasn't suffered too much with that time not playing, I'm sure he can fill a void much needed with our club. Even if he only plays limited minutes. Which I'm pretty sure he will.

Okay. I just sold myself on him. Let's do it. Scoring winger dilemma solved!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

I'm a lil' iffy regarding Kessel. I like him enough. Always have. Even on the hated Bruins and Leafs.

Sure he's 36 and hasn't played in a while. But there's gotta be something said about muscle memory. I mean, I'm sure the dude still has chops. And though he's older, given that his aerobic fitness hasn't suffered too much with that time not playing, I'm sure he can fill a void much needed with our club. Even if he only plays limited minutes. Which I'm pretty sure he will.

Okay. I just sold myself on him. Let's do it. Scoring winger dilemma solved!

I was with you until the last part haha!
I still kinda want him in the room though so…. What the hey eh!?

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

I like him going to Abby to workout.

Abby has been poor lately.

May be a bit of a pick me up for them.

May be able to sign him to minimum contract and improve both teams. 

Phil isn’t going to Abby….

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He can play in a 4th line role 

He probably could but by any definition of an effective, flourishing fourth line, I just don’t think a team that is planning a long playoff run can ice a player with Phil’s talent profile. 

By the way, I’ve loved this player for as long as he’s been in this league.

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

He is going to Abby to work out with the baby Canucks. 
PA announced it just a few minutes ago. 

Gotcha. Thought you meant he could go play down on the farm 😅

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol, that's the silliest? Don't be so sensitive. You made the point to clarify that his fitness prowess was all in the past. Phil history is the only thing we know about his fitness level, unless someone knew something about his current fitness issue, so I asked if you had heard anything about his current fitness issue. Everything about Kessels history tell us he is likely in good shape, so don't be so sensitive if someone pushes back if you focus on the fact that's "all in the past".

Fair enough,

It just seemed odd to me. Someone saying that because he has been really fit, then we should just assume he is in great shape.

Now, with this new news about Kessel being in Van to practice with the baby Canucks... I like the sound of that!

• Upvote 1