[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

If we do actually sign Kessel I'm expecting a very bonus heavy contract. Probably something like $800K guaranteed, but if he plays 10 games then an extra $500K and if he plays 20 then an extra $1M or something like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

2 way deal only affects pay, no way he signs a 2 way deal at this stage. He’s more than earned that respect. 

Compared to not being signed? I mean....

I guess he could work out on the main team on 4th line, give him the Hoglander treatment till he gets 10 goals with no help and no ice time....:)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

2 way deal only affects pay, no way he signs a 2 way deal at this stage. He’s more than earned that respect. 

By two way, I mean his contract can then be moved easily for cap purposes. I agree, he is not going to play in Abby. 

• Upvote 1

Phil ain't playing in the bottom six, have to think this is more about if someone like Boeser goes down...do the Canucks have a cheap option to inject some goal scoring ability into the lineup (even if mainly on the power play). Long story short, injury insurance and veteran experience.

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Serious question....

After Hughes passes the cup to Kessel, who gets it 3rd? Petey or Miller?

I think Kessel shouldn't be among the first, especially being a rental and won multiple cups already.  

20 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Neither.  Hughes will either pass it to Demko or Boeser as our longest-tenured Canucks on the team, and then the guy he doesn't pass it to will get it third.

Oh shit.  I just jinxed us.  Sorry guys.  I shouldn't have taken the bait.  🙃

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Quinn will pass it to EP40 he'll pass it to Miller

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I think Kessel shouldn't be among the first, especially being a rental and won multiple cups already.  

lol I'm surprised so many people took what I thought was an obvious fool around so literally. 

• Like 1

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

cause thats how people are here 😛 i love this idea and hope it pans out, phil will be amazing in the playoffs and for super cheap

Its almost like its a no brainer

Honestly I think this is a smart, low risk move. He’ll get a chance in the top six just to see if he has instant chemistry with any of our other top six. If not, he can come out of the line up and we still have about a month until the trade deadline to find a better fit.

when Kessel arrives:

Hogz - Petey - Lindy

Kessel - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blug - Garland

Mik - Suter - Laf

Aman, PDG

if it works, great. If not, there’s enough time to make another move. Again, low risk/medium reward move.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

lol I'm surprised so many people took what I thought was an obvious fool around so literally. 

Next time don't preface it by saying "Serious question".   Or I'll add you to the ignore list.  Too many nonsense posts on CFF.  The response to those posts are just as annoying.     

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I mean why not, its their numbers right? 

I agree, which is why I'd love to be there for the ceremony where their numbers come back down from the rafters.  Like I said, it's not every day that you get to see something like that happen.

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

He was a healthy scratch for Vegas in the playoffs last year. He only played in 4 playoff games.

That said, in case of injury, that's pretty good insurance if he can still skate. 

Blueger only played 6.

Vegas was a very deep team.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Rekker said:

By two way, I mean his contract can then be moved easily for cap purposes. I agree, he is not going to play in Abby. 

It's a prorated deal for 1/3 of the season only they won't be offering a 2 way deal at all, and he's earned not accepting one from any team. and it will be under a million so it can be buried or sat with no repercussions. 

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It doesn’t change for cap purpose and doesn’t have anything to do with one or two way deals.  His contract amount will be able to be buried in the minors if he gets waived and not affect the cap.

• Cheers 2