[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

On 2/12/2024 at 1:11 PM, Screw said:

I can not see a guy at his age, who hasn’t played all year, having value over guys on the farm.

You're underestimating experience, something he has over all of our guys on the farm. You could even make an argument for him having more experience than many of them combined.

It's very common practice for a team looking to make a run to bring in guys with experience.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

im betting its a done deal.  Its the "PR Department" saying "we will make him jump through some fitness hoops first just to make sure".....wink wink

Phil drives out to abby, does a few laps...done deal

BTW  - this guy is built like Rod the Bod compared to Krutov back in the 80s...so hes not/wont be the champ when it comes to Canuck dad bods...

vancouver-canucks-v-toronto-maple-leafs.

Edited by Darius
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

You know who else signed with the Canucks when they were 37?

Hide contents

image.

Edit: saw the bald head and thought it was Mess… didn’t even look at the face 😅

Edited by Dizzle

I am fine for this.  Virtually no risk.

If he isn’t able to keep up, then you waive him.  He isn’t signing for the money so will be under what can be buried.

Aman is not a loss to get pushed to the 13th forward if we add a body.

Kessel can start on a 4th line and also on PP2 and see how he does.  Giving him an audition in a top six role if he looks good and see if there is a fit.

Petterson-Miller-Hoglander

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Lafferty-Suter-Kessel

Aman

That is a balanced and deep forward lineup where you have lots of centre depth and virtually any guy can play higher or lower in the lineup depending on how the games are going and chemistry.  You can also trust each one of those lines to play meaningful minutes and not need to be sheltered in matchups.  I don’t know how many playoff opponents have a bottom six who would match up with ours.

Ideally Kessel could play himself onto the 2nd line and you swap out Mikheyev to the bottom six.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I just don't see how a free PP2 weapon is any sort of hindrance

I was thinking of our pp2 today

They generally only get 15 sec. of time 

I think with Top 6 guys playing lots of 5v5, pp and pk, that we should perhaps limit all that time and have them focused more on less

Like RT said about the recent GA , that is what you might get in a year, not a couple of games

With that being said and with the forward skill available, why not reward your 2nd and 3rd lines with pp 

Also with the depth of good penalty killers on both forward and D, why not sit the stars a lil more often on the PK and share those spots more and keep every hungry, fresh and focused, knowing they are given an opportunity to stay focused and determined not to be a liability and not just handed the opportunity?

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

The Canucks locker room will light up like Christmas if Phil K walks in there. He has that kind of swagger.

I agree, I think he has always been a well liked hockey player on whatever team he played for. His experience and pedigree might have a calming effect seeing is how he has been in the big show before. 

• Cheers 1