[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

Just now, EdgarM said:

This is the MOST he could provide for us. When was the last time the dude played hockey? 

Last season? Bringing him into the locker room won’t be bad for the experience. Guy have almost more playoff games than the entire team combine 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

He was scratched because he didn't fit in Vegas' bottom 6. We'd be acquiring him to play top 6 minutes and be the trigger man of the 2nd unit alongside Hronek. This frees Suter up to play better matchups, and gives us more options and flexibility down the stretch. IF he's in good shape, this could be worth a shot. That's TONS of playoff experience that could be incredibly valuable in such a young locker room. 

So he would be playing on the top line with Miller and Boeser!? Yeah OK. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Last season? Bringing him into the locker room won’t be bad for the experience. Guy have almost more playoff games than the entire team combine 

........Which would be better served as a coach and I like what we already have, thanks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

He was scratched because he didn't fit in Vegas' bottom 6. We'd be acquiring him to play top 6 minutes and be the trigger man of the 2nd unit alongside Hronek. This frees Suter up to play better matchups, and gives us more options and flexibility down the stretch. IF he's in good shape, this could be worth a shot. That's TONS of playoff experience that could be incredibly valuable in such a young locker room. 

Has he ever been in good shape though?

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

I’m not really down with this. The guy is nowhere near game shape. The fitness level is too great between guys playing since the beginning of the season to now

At this point , the guy is no longer even an NHLer, no team thought he was worth signing, and that says a lot right there.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Are we that desperate already? :classic_laugh:

I would much rather we go after a big winger with some physical presence, ala Joshua IMHO.

doesnt cost us a thing to have him as our thirteenth forward... just the glizzy's he consumes while here.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

I say yes! Don’t have to give up anything and he has a tonne of experience Inc multiple cups. And, apparently great in the room. What’s to lose really?!

A roster spot in which an NHL player could occupy? This "try out" should have happened "pre-season" and not where everyone has played a full season and prepared to enter a grueling trip to the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

At this point , the guy is no longer even an NHLer, no team thought he was worth signing, and that says a lot right there.

the cup winner signed him last year... sure he was depth, but think of having a four time champ travelling with the club. signing him is almost as much value as the 1.50$ costco Hotdog, priceless!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

A roster spot in which an NHL player could occupy? This "try out" should have happened "pre-season" and not where everyone has played a full season and prepared to enter a grueling trip to the playoffs.

While I get the pre-season part vs now to a degree, he’s still a nhl player even though not the player he was years ago. I would say his experience may be more valuable than anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So he would be playing on the top line with Miller and Boeser!? Yeah OK. :classic_laugh:

We currently have a player whose career best is 15 goals in a season, who took that spot from a career journeyman, that's got a career-high of 17 points. Both did great in the role. Kessel is 100% taking that spot, if acquired. There is no way in hell we break up the lifeline, and no way in hell we acquire him to put him on the 4th line. 

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hasn't played all year, 10g scorer last year, no thanks I don't think he's better than anyone on our roster and maybe not even Abby's top line.

your not getting it... its not what he can do on the ice, its his off ice presence, and locker room candor

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This is the MOST he could provide for us. When was the last time the dude played hockey? 

id load him up with hot dogs and then get him to keep farting in the crease on the second unit power play

• Haha 3