[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

Suter is a natural C and is a better option than Aman.

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Pettersson-Lindholm-Kessel

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty

Aman, PDG

I don't disagree about suter there, but they can't afford to risk losing amsn to waivers, imo.  I'd put Kessel with Boxes and Miller and keep hogz with Petey 

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree about suter there, but they can't afford to risk losing amsn to waivers, imo.  I'd put Kessel with Boxes and Miller and keep hogz with Petey 

Boeser JT Kessel the All American. Hogs EP Lindholm the All Swede. Interesting. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Boeser JT Kessel the All American. Hogs EP Lindholm the All Swede. Interesting. 

I was thinking that too. It sounds good - whether it works would remain to be seen.

• Haha 1

I’m going to say it takes Phil 2 weeks to get his legs under him, that was a good chunk of time he took off but patty Kane just did something very similar and they are similar age and patty has been Detroit’s best player the few games I’ve watched this year 

Serious question. We already know Joshua is going to let Kessel wear 81 when he signs. What number should Joshua wear going forward. Also, do you think Hughes should pass the C onto him in his first game, or wait till game 1 of the playoffs for dramatic effect? Last question, super serious, when they retire his number next year, should it be a blue Orca or black Skate banner? 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I’m going to say it takes Phil 2 weeks to get his legs under him, that was a good chunk of time he took off but patty Kane just did something very similar and they are similar age and patty has been Detroit’s best player the few games I’ve watched this year 

Parise as well?

Kessel over the past 5 years with Pittsburgh, Arizona and Vegas is a minus 88. Minus 88!

Last year as part of a cup winning team he didn't play in the playoffs. Got into 4 games playoff with limited minutes, that's it.

Makes zero sense to add this overweight, outta shape has been to a team sitting at the top of the standings. He didn't help last year in the playoffs. He won't help this year so there is no point.

Please Rutherford tell Tocchet no.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Kessel over the past 5 years with Pittsburgh, Arizona and Vegas is a minus 88. Minus 88!

Last year as part of a cup winning team he didn't play in the playoffs. Got into 4 games playoff with limited minutes, that's it.

Makes zero sense to add this overweight, outta shape has been to a team sitting at the top of the standings. He didn't help last year in the playoffs. He won't help this year so there is no point.

I think he is playoff injury insurance more than anything else. 

5 hours ago, Dom said:

Looks like he's in fine shape to me. 

Nothing to see there.    There was a time, Kessel had turbo speed.   The one thing he likely still has, is his shot.   Hasn't scored 20 EV goals since he was 30...and is a bit of a minus magnet.     Not holding my breath.   We've already got our Third Line.    Maybe he gets some spot duty in the top six and helps our second power play unit.    

Anyone who thinks adding Kessel is a good idea is going to be disappointed.  He will be a minus player and a defensive liability. He won't produce anywhere near enough offence to make it worthwhile. Hard pass.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Maybe get facts straight before trashing him. He’s not overweight / out of shape first of all. Never has been! It’s just a matter of getting up to game speed.

Also, you’re clearly missing the bigger picture…

-Low cost.

-Don’t have to give up assets.

-Great teammate.

-Will keep room loose in the playoffs. We have a lot of younger / inexperienced players.

-Needed Depth. 
-Playoff experience.

-Cup experience (3). 

-Sundin effect. Short & long term impact on players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Anyone who thinks adding Kessel is a good idea is going to be disappointed.  He will be a minus player and a defensive liability. He won't produce anywhere near enough offence to make it worthwhile. Hard pass.

Some of you are never happy! Just negative / bitch & complain about everything. Maybe wait & see…or do you have a crystal ball?! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Maybe get facts straight before trashing him. He’s not overweight / out of shape first of all. Never has been! It’s just a matter of getting up to game speed.

Also, you’re clearly missing the bigger picture…

-Low cost.

-Don’t have to give up assets.

-Great teammate.

-Will keep room loose in the playoffs. We have a lot of younger / inexperienced players.

-Needed Depth. 
-Playoff experience.

-Cup experience (3). 

-Sundin effect. Short & long term impact on players. 

A roster player will have to be waived and likely claimed.  When Soucy comes back Woo can go down.  Nobody else on the roster can avoid waivers so you are wrong.  Adding Kessel will very likely cost us a roster player.

Garbage decision to add a useless player on a whim.

BTW watch the tape of him in practice today.  Pathetic,

Just now, fanfor42 said:

A roster player will have to be waived and likely claimed.  When Soucy comes back Woo can go down.  Nobody else on the roster can avoid waivers so you are wrong.  Adding Kessel will very likely cost us a roster player.

Woo will likely go down now the Zad has served his suspension 

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

come down from the ledge, the guy doesn't even have a contract. 

• Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

Listen to Corrado, who played, with Kessel, talk about him on P&S.  He raves about him as a person and a player and about him in the gym.  

Thanks.  Will listen. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Fanfor42 eh…..so I assume you’re older?! Because you’re coming off real immature in this thread! First, get your facts straight. Second, you don’t like the idea, fine, but you don’t need to trash the guy, especially when it’s based on your assumptions & ignorance. 

Yeah…ONE practice after not playing for most of the season. Let’s see you do better in the same situation since you talk tough. 

4 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Fanfor42 eh…..so I assume you’re older?! Because you’re coming off real immature in this thread! First, get your facts straight. Second, you don’t like the idea, fine, but you don’t need to trash the guy, especially when it’s based on your assumptions & ignorance. 

Yeah…ONE practice after not playing for most of the season. Let’s see you do better in the same situation since you talk tough. 

First day at practice would see Fanfor42 racing around like

tumblr_o1ixaqf7rw1td7wmfo1_500.gif

And for amusement, PA would waive Mik as he is 99.99% unlikely to be claimed by anyone and then brought back up after the TDL as roster limits go out the window then. Canucks could have 34 players up with 14 of them stuffed into the press box as long as all fit under the cap

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

I would have hoped a player trying to make an NHL comeback mid-season would have been skating REALLY hard before coming in to audition, like at the pace of a real NHL training camp. It’s not like Phil doesn’t know what that’s like. From that short clip, it doesn’t look like he’s anywhere near top shape but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for a few more days. 

Still pulling for him, it’d be a great story. 

• chaos 1

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

If we sign Kessel, we won't put anyone on waivers that we can afford to lose and lets face it, there is ALWAYS injuries that create an opening for a creative GM to exploit!

Remember as well, it's been widely reported that actual Cap space during the season is very different than what's reported in places like Capfriendly.com. Team capologist is constantly working on maximizing space, back dating LTIR type of stuff, which is allowed but sometimes doest get reported in media etc. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Or

Blueger has more upset while Kessel is on the decline. Bleuger already has 22 points in 40 games, which means he could have 50% more production than last year with Vegas, so he would have more production than Kessel this year after 82 games.

Kessel had 52 points in 82 games with Arizona then went down to 36 pts last year, so would he keep going down while Blueger goes up in points?

I think Kessel is more valuable for his playoff experience and potentially steadying nerves than his points.

Or...

Blueger is having the best season of his career... also known as a career year at the age of 29 (turning 30 this year) playing with arguably the best 3rd line in franchise history.  Looking at his career, his absolute BEST season outside of this season was lower production than Kessel's worst season at 36yo lol.

• Vintage 1