[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

8 minutes ago, 112 said:

Phil is known for his great fitness. These rumours that he's not a proper athlete are inconsistent with reality.

His shape off the ice is meaningless when compared to being in our 51st game of the season. It’s not the same. Jagr is in way better shape. Pass.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 112 said:

Phil is known for his great fitness. These rumours that he's not a proper athlete are inconsistent with reality.

Exactly. Phil could care less what the banal dopes think about him. He's won it all more than once, and earned it every time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kessel should sign in Carolina. I'd love to see how Rod would get him in a gym and see if he can finally get the guy to get into serious shape.

The minute he got into a gym with Phil, he'd be impressed as to what he can do.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. Phil could care less what the banal dopes think about him. He's won it all more than once, and earned it every time. 

In what world has he come into a team 51 games in and was able to keep up and win? Not freaking possible 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kessel should sign in Carolina. I'd love to see how Rod would get him in a gym and see if he can finally get the guy to get into serious shape.

man knows how to party and hit the gym... glizzies power his stride and 3 cups strike fear... OP will be

Storm Anger GIF STRUCK... Happy Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Just now, Grandmaster said:

In what world has he come into a team 51 games in and was able to keep up and win? Not freaking possible 

Huh? When did I say Phil would be able to do that? My comment was speaking about him and his achievements to this point and proving his doubters wrong by being part of Cup winning teams. Easy there, sport.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

His shape off the ice is meaningless when compared to being in our 51st game of the season. It’s not the same. Jagr is in way better shape. Pass.

no hes not jagr is at like 260LBS

56 minutes ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Can you imagine our first SC in franchise history and the Thrill is hoisting it on the ice and then eating gut rockets out of it after only playing for three months? 🤣

Sign me up

Hell, i’ll fuckin join him! I’m not a fan of tube shaped meat…but i’ll do almost anything if we win the cup…🫣

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I'd welcome it with open arms. I'm curious if they could sign him to a PTO or something and have him with the team for awhile before they hand out a contract. 

He'd fill Kuzmenkos shoes in the lockerroom. You need people to keep things light even though you're in do or die situations. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Yes, that'd be four-time Stanley Cup Champion Phil Kessel

From what I heard, the reputation of him being out of shape is no longer valid. He's been in the best shape of his life reportedly, which might seem kinda funny, but the dude's resume says all that is needed. He is a winner.

That being said, I'm not sure if he'll be too slow for the team.

• Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Huh? When did I say Phil would be able to do that? My comment was speaking about him and his achievements to this point and proving his doubters wrong by being part of Cup winning teams. Easy there, sport.

It’s more on the subject of him joining us than you or your comment in particular. 

It is ridiculous for the Canucks to sign this guy at this point into the season.

12 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I'd welcome it with open arms. I'm curious if they could sign him to a PTO or something and have him with the team for awhile before they hand out a contract. 

He'd fill Kuzmenkos shoes in the lockerroom. You need people to keep things light even though you're in do or die situations. 

If you want a cheerleader in the locker room then hire him as an assistant. Not to go out on the ice

• Thanks 1

Who knows, if he's serious about wanting one last shot at playing in the NHL, you gotta think he's kept himself in the best shape possible. And you don't play over 1000 consecutive games in the NHL if you're not in shape. It's not always about looking lean and ripped. Here's perhaps the most dominant guy ever to fight in the UFC who was incredibly strong, agile, and quick.

9648.jpg

• Tank 1
  • Vintage 2

Given his status, can the Nucks sign Phil after the TDL?  Would his signing still count against the

salary cap or # of players on the teams?  Anyone know?

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/coyotes-will-get-their-phil

"Rick Tocchet, nicknamed ‘the Phil Kessel Whisperer’ for his unique relationship with the quirky star, says the winger is going to be fine addition to the Coyotes locker room."

“You know, not everybody is the same,” the coach told AZ Central this week when Kessel was acquired from Pittsburgh, Tocchet’s old team. “To win a Stanley Cup, you need different personalities. I’m not sure you can win with all the same. (Phil) had a personality in the dressing room that was infectious to Crosby, Letang, Malkin, all those guys."

“Phil has a personality of his own. He marches to his own drum like a lot of different guys. It’s just more publicized being in Toronto (where Kessel led the team in scoring, but detested the spotlight).”

“Phil’s a great person and a generous guy,” Tocchet said. “His teammates love him. Honestly, he’s a normal guy. He loves hockey and he’s a closet hockey nerd, although he doesn’t tell many people that. He really follows the game. He’s a guy that the young guys are going to like. He loosens up the dressing room.

“It’s not that he wants to prove anyone wrong because people throw daggers at him, it’s just that he hates the noise. His play will shut the noise up, as it has in the past.”

• Thanks 1