[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

Kessel is a non factor disdain for Mikheyev aside. Kessel doesn't fore check hit block shots or move the needle in any way offensively or defensively. He's basically fat old Kuzzmenko. Our top 6 deserves better and our bottom 6 really doesn't need to carry him.  If we wan't to bring him in thats fine maybe he can be a skills coach and fix our PP.

His on ice days are behind him. 

He has been fueling up on hotdogs for 8 months now, he must be close to full power. I'm predicting hattrick first game, followed by a statue of him eating hotdogs outside Rogers Arena after we win the cup.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wiener 2

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He has been fueling up on hotdogs for 8 months now, he must be close to full power. I'm predicting hattrick first game, followed by a statue of him eating hotdogs outside Rogers Arena after we win the cup.  

That would actually make me extatic. I just want to win. We have a real legitimate opportunity this year before Pete, Hronek, Lindholm, Zad's extensions. Our roster is huge value with Miller Hughes vastly outperforming their contracts. if Mikheyev is the worst of our problems that's a great place to be.   

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

That would actually make me extatic. I just want to win. We have a real legitimate opportunity this year before Pete, Hronek, Lindholm, Zad's extensions. Our roster is huge value with Miller Hughes vastly outperforming their contracts. if Mikheyev is the worst of our problems that's a great place to be.   

I think the biggest thing for how far we can go will be if we have a D pair that can shutdown the likes of Mcdavid, Mackinnon, and Eichel. I dont think Edmonton and Colorado are that deep this year. Vegas will be a tough task, as they are usually tough to contain and good at circumventing the cap.

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think the biggest thing for how far we can go will be if we have a D pair that can shutdown the likes of Mcdavid, Mackinnon, and Eichel. I dont think Edmonton and Colorado are that deep this year. Vegas will be a tough task, as they are usually tough to contain and good at circumventing the cap.

I don't see how Kessel is a factor in that equation. 

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Signing Kessel for the remainder of this year doesn’t prevent them from winning. Are you saying this team is so fragile that signing Kessel to be a 13th fwd/PP2 option is enough to sink the team? 

Edited by canuck73_3

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Youre right those are surely top 6 numbers. Kessels playoff stats last year in his 4 appearances. 

image.thumb.png.4c3012c13bdf675c74c485adb91b1699.png

That's keeping in mind he played the full season and was in top game shape. 

I heard Vegas was pretty good. 😉

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's a much better option than PDG at least.

PDG hits digs on the boards blocks shots get's punched in the face sticking up for a team mate. Betcha Miller would rather PDG on his wing than Kessel when the team is depleted. late in the playoffs. 

Kessel had his time he was underrated and won cups great but right now in this timeline he needs to hang em up. Ill take PDG. All things come to an end. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

PDG hits digs on the boards blocks shots get's punched in the face sticking up for a team mate. Betcha Miller would rather PDG on his wing than Kessel when the team is depleted. late in the playoffs. 

Kessel had his time he was underrated and won cups great but right now in this timeline he needs to hang em up. Ill take PDG. All things come to an end. 

Your Kessel hate is gonna make signing him so much better. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Your Kessel hate is gonna make signing him so much better. 

I love Kessel I reveled in the Leafs tears. Kessel is a legend. His time has come though. I'd rather play against him if he wants to keep playing. 

19 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Yeah Crosby, Hedman Letang Kopitar, giroux too...36 is too old to play hockey....

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I love Kessel I reveled in the Leafs tears. Kessel is a legend. His time has come though. I'd rather play against him if he wants to keep playing. 

Kassel hasn’t proven he can play at the NHL level let alone the AHL. Allvin is under no pressure to do anything with Kassel other than encourage him. If nothing better shows before the TDL then a decision can be taken.

12 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Yeah Crosby, Hedman Letang Kopitar, giroux too...36 is too old to play hockey....

Bieksa 36, The Sedins 37, Kesler 34, Edler 36, Naslund 36, Burr 37,  

Sure some can keep playing. Most don't. Kessel is not relevant outside the top 6 he doesn't participate in the necessary parts of the game to play bottom 6. The guys you mention are still playing because they do. You can't seriously be comparing Kessel to Kopitar, Crosby, Giroux.  

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Sure some can keep playing. Most don't. Kessel is not relevant outside the top 6 he doesn't participate in the necessary parts of the game to play bottom 6. The guys you mention are still playing because they do. You can't seriously be comparing Kessel to Kopitar, Crosby, Giroux.  

Haha not seriously no.  Though I will take him over pdg or suter in the top six anyway.  He may come in in better shape than when he left.  Fully rested and healthy.  He could surpris us.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Haha not seriously no.  Though I will take him over pdg or suter in the top six anyway.  He may come in in better shape than when he left.  Fully rested and healthy.  He could surpris us.

Suter has been fantastic. 

5 hours ago, Hammertime said:

and as a healthy scratch, keeping things light in the dressing room, helping guys bond, and helping lead the group through uncharted territory with the benefit of a proven track record?

is that valuable?

• Cheers 1