[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

3 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Not signing Phil the Thrill hurts more than not making a move

It's pretty much the same thing though. Kessel would've been good for the playoff injection, plus he's been said to be a good teammate. Now we have done nothing (besides Lindholm and Zaddy).

Edited by PureQuickness

Kessel was probably already told that they weren't going to sign him possibly days or weeks ago..Not like they said hey we will sign you last min. From the clips that I've seen I'd suspect that it was because of his conditioning..I'm sure if it wasn't some other team would have signed him especially today..So probably a good decision was made by the Nucks.

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Kessel was probably already told that they weren't going to sign him possibly days or weeks ago..Not like they said hey we will sign you last min. From the clips that I've seen I'd suspect that it was because of his conditioning..I'm sure if it wasn't some other team would have signed him especially today..So probably a good decision was made by the Nucks.

Conditioning or not, he is 8 points away from 1000 points. That was when he was peak out of shape Kessel. The dude is insanely talented.

Not signing kessel has restored my faith in management. 

signing an overweight, out of shape player would have been ridiculous

this is not to fat shame but it’s just common sense

2 hours ago, Jetliner said:

Not signing kessel has restored my faith in management. 

signing an overweight, out of shape player would have been ridiculous

this is not to fat shame but it’s just common sense

It puzzled me why management went after him in the first place.  When you think of our identity as a team, what is it?  Fast forechecking - that's Tocchet's motto to a T.  Phil Kessel is neither fast nor does he forecheck.  He's a dynamic offensive talent (probably still is) with a long track record of success, but will he be aggressive on the forecheck?  Hell no.  So how would he fit into our bottom six, where they do nothing but forecheck like madmen?

4 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

It's pretty much the same thing though. Kessel would've been good for the playoff injection, plus he's been said to be a good teammate. Now we have done nothing (besides Lindholm and Zaddy).

Other club get 2 players it is something.We ad 2 too and it is nothing.Strange

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It puzzled me why management went after him in the first place.  When you think of our identity as a team, what is it?  Fast forechecking - that's Tocchet's motto to a T.  Phil Kessel is neither fast nor does he forecheck.  He's a dynamic offensive talent (probably still is) with a long track record of success, but will he be aggressive on the forecheck?  Hell no.  So how would he fit into our bottom six, where they do nothing but forecheck like madmen?

Maybe he is to old?

8 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Maybe he is to old?

Age alone doesn't make you a poor forechecker.  Look at some of the oldest guys in the league - Parise and Pavelski are definitely a lot slower now, but they always had a good reputation for two-way play even in their late 30s.

Case in point:

image.png.dbe3454d83fff8fa040ba37028859a85.png

Edited by Miss Korea