[Rumour] - Phil the thrill linked to Canucks

The playoffs are like football, a "game of inches", needing good fortune, and momentum shifts and timely goals along the way.

Kessel will be that guy who steps off the bench, after his ice time had been managed all game, fresh and energetic, and snipe that timely goal when we need it...we already have guys that will bring it consistently, but we need guys like Kessel, who are brimming with know-how and experience, who won't crack under enormous pressure coz he's been to the dance many times, who can still shoot the puck, and knows what it takes...

He will add to the powerplay too, and he's GREAT in the room, well liked everywhere, and he'll bring mentorship...all important ingredients needed in the post season.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Thrago said:

where are people getting this Idea Phil isn't a fast skater or never was?

I think people just want to assume that someone who looks like he eats hots dogs every day can't skate.

The reality is it couldn't be further from the truth.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

If he signs here I'm getting his jersey regardless love the Thrill

He's friggin awesome, always has been vastly underrated, in spite of averaging 63 points per season, over almost 1300 gp.

In roughly the same amount of games, he has more goals, assists, and almost 100 more points than RAY FERRARO...detractors should chew on that one for a while!

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

If signing Kessel prevents us from adding someone like Trenin or Greenway for the playoffs, then I'm deadset against it.  It would be subtraction by addition.

There is lots going on behind scene 

Friedman said Canucks kicking tires on Risteinen with retention and Sean Walker as well 

21 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

I’m not really down with this. The guy is nowhere near game shape. The fitness level is too great between guys playing since the beginning of the season to now

Jesus weeps when you say bad things about Phil Kessel 

• Haha 1