PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

6 minutes ago, Hat Trick Maker said:

It is games like this that make me insecure about Canucks' chance of ever winning the cup. Hope they bounce back good

I just worry that not one of our leaders on this team decided to take the bull by the horns and lead the team. They folded like a cheap tent. I feel like they need one more top forward that isn’t part of the history that is physical and won’t take crap from a player like Miller. Say it like it is and make a difference. We lack that player.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I really hope Petey doesn't price himself out. There's a real opportunity here. But he's not gonna win jack shit making 12m.

Honestly speaking and not trying to hate but I don’t think he’s the type of player you win with when the game is on the line…

Yes he is a skilled player but just doesn’t have to have the “gotta win” mentality. Honestly if they can’t get a long term deal with him in the 11m range they should look at moving him for a solid package and resign Lindholm for 7 million X 5. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jess featured and pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Settle down people. PP can win and lose us games. But this short handed goals against BS has to stop. Looked like Petey had a step on Heinen, and 2 strides later, DH was gone. I can’t wait to see what the pundits write about how Petey is as good as gone this summer. But that’s 4 losses to top teams where it wasn’t even close. But whatever. Let’s not cry about it and move on to the motor city and get back on track. 

Bullshit.  First, Pettersson was closer to the goal when the turnover happened, but Heinen was already in motion and had the speed...  but still Pettersson caught him, reached and made the defensive play and hit Heinen's stick... was unlucky the puck bounced back to the Bruins player.

And the reason Heinen got loose was another Canuck giveaway.... this time by Miller.

And the first goal was not his fault either... giveaway by Demko and then the players who should have prevented Coyle from feeding the puck out front were Suter and Hughes, and the guy supposed to be covering Marchand was Miller.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Pettersson hasn’t recorded a shot in the last two games against the top teams. Hmmmm. I am a bit worried with this stat.

lol its just the classic EP slump, happens every 25 games lasts 10-15 games ... at least 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

No Reports to the Mod team yet? 

Wow, you guys are dealing with this better than I thought you would. 

Carry on then. :classic_laugh:

That's cuz most of us left already lol

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Petey whiners are out again.

You can hear them up in the nosebleed seats...  "....b-b-b-b-but he falls down... wahhhhh!!!!!!"

He has had no shots in the last two games. lol. Zero. NADA. So what is he doing? Well he’s allowing goals while he is on the ice. -4 tonight. You can’t defend him. Zero effort tonight.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Believe In Blue said:

No sugar coating it. We shit the bed.

But I was just thinking recently that the team needs some adversity, and now here it is. We don’t want to be the 2018-2019 Lightning

I like your approach.

I'll welcome this adversity. Whatever leads us to the ultimate goal.

• Like 1