PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No offence. I know we love our team. But maybe hold off on the "We're gonna win the Cup" stuff for a bit.

We're clearly getting ahead of ourselves. We still have things to work on until the playoffs.

Considering how small the team's window is and how much the Canucks gave up to acquire Lindholm, expectations this year have been raised. 

If this team can't hang with the best. Then this whole thing is a disaster 

19 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

2019-2020 Playoffs, Petey scored 7 goals and 11 assists for 18 points in 17 games. I think you have a short memory, and an axe to grind.

People have selective memory to reinforce their bias.  

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

1.  We had 4 guys watching the one Boston guy in the corner.  Petey was partially responsible.

2.  The second Coyle got the puck, petey should have hightailed it back.  Was he tired?  I don’t know.  Can’t fault him too too much for that one.

3.  Not his fault.  Chaos Giraffe kicked it in.  Bad break all around.

4.  Hard not to fault him for this one.  Yes Cole did pinch but as the first forward back, it was his job to cover the trailing guy.  Instead he went straight for the guy on the boards which was already covered by Myers.

Wrong.

Myers is the right D... he should have covered his position, lets Pettersson cover for Cole.

But in any case, the trailing guy Zacha is way back in the Boston zone when this starts... Mikheyev and Lindholm are right there with him.... they should have skated with him.

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Considering how small the team's window is and how much the Canucks gave up to acquire Lindholm, expectations this year have been raised. 

Well reality is that we are missing one more top 6 forward. Mikeyev is a third liner at best. Plus Suter is also at best a third liner. So that is a pretty big hole. I don’t know if they can change that between now and the trade deadline.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, End2End said:

Almost completely different teams. Over 10 years ago. Your ex moved on maybe you should too…

It's the same team to me. 

If the Canucks has beaten the Bruins, I would have been fully convinced this team is for real. But they lost so the team just got exposed 

Edited by iinatcc

Boy that was disappointing. 

Pretty good start, then the 2 PP's killed us. Hope for a response to start the 2nd & instead the game was over. 22 mins in and the game was over.

Agree with Imac about this being like the TO game, but even worse. 

Hated seeing that puke Marchand giving Petey & Hughes extra shots. If there's anyone that has it coming to them its him, hopefully one day he gets his. 

4 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong.

Myers is the right D... he should have covered his position, lets Pettersson cover for Cole.

But in any case, the trailing guy Zacha is way back in the Boston zone when this starts... Mikheyev and Lindholm are right there with him.... they should have skated with him.

myers was already in position but petey kept moving towards the boards.  

IMG_6730.png

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Boy that was disappointing. 

Pretty good start, then the 2 PP's killed us. Hope for a response to start the 2nd & instead the game was over. 22 mins in and the game was over.

Agree with Imac about this being like the TO game, but even worse. 

Hated seeing that puke Marchand giving Petey & Hughes extra shots. If there's anyone that has it coming to them its him, hopefully one day he gets his. 

Well maybe they need to actually get someone who cares enough to take care of him. He always does that sort of stuff and no one responds. Where is the spine?

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

It's the same team to me. 

If the Canucks has beaten the Bruins, I would have been fully convinced this team is for real. But they lost so the team just got exposed 

Just because you can’t get over something that happened in 2011 doesn’t mean a bunch of players who never played in the series should hold on also. 

Every team has bad games….move on. Try therapy if your still struggling with the past.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, End2End said:

Just because you can’t get over something that happened in 2011 doesn’t mean a bunch of players who never played in the series should hold on also. 

Every team has bad games….move on. Try therapy if your still struggling with the past.

Can we not mention therapy and take personal shots? We have failed on a number of attempts to beat them and it’s hard for some to forget. It’s a completely different team so you can’t compare them to years past but anytime they lose to them like this it brings up old feelings. They always pummel us. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Record vs the top 9 teams in the league now.  Still lot of games left to play.

Bos 0-1

Fla 2-0

Stars 1-0-1

Avs 0-1

NYR 1-0-1

VGK 0-1

WPG 0-0

Canes 2-0

Leafs 1-1

Boston, Colorado, and Vegas are the top contenders and Canucks lost quite badly against these 3 teams 

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Did he mention 2011? I never saw anywhere in that post where he mentioned it at all. You brought it up soooo. Seems to be your issue not his. 

Actually he did……go home….

• chaos 1

29 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Enough of this forum for me tonight. Too many homers justifying the Canucks garbage play. They were well rested with 9 days off (even the players that played in the ASG doesn’t count, it’s basically fun times). Hopefully they give a better effort on Saturday/Sunday with back to back games.

Get Out Bye Felicia GIF

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Boston, Colorado, and Vegas are the top contenders and Canucks lost quite badly against these 3 teams 

One game each.  Way too premature of a judgment.   

I didn't bother to include 3-0 vs oils, which many still consider them as top contenders  

43 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

It’s one game.

The Canucks were 18-2-4 prior to tonight’s game while Boston lost to an inferior team in the previous game.

They were clearly more hungry tonight.  

Canucks lost to San Jose and Columbus earlier this year.  Did the sky fall afterwards?

• Upvote 3
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

lol its just the classic EP slump, happens every 25 games lasts 10-15 games ... at least 

Interesting. EP has 388 points in 376 games played. 102 points last year  and 65 points in 51 games this year. 
 These numbers don’t jive with what you’re saying at all. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1