PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

Well that was a dud. Rather take a bunch of mistakes in one game than seeing them consistently over a stretch of games. It's all about bouncing back.

Rather take a dud now than later in the playoffs. Awful game. On to the next. 

• Cheers 2

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

Yeah it was bound to happen, they had to have a stinker....but ffs....why didn't they have it against the Canes instead of the Bruins!!! and what is even more worrying is the SHGs they gave up...FRACK....they need to stop that....praying they right the ship or else this could be a long road trip....EVERYONE sucked ....can't wait to see how Toccy responds here...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

That's fair. Nor does it excuse some of his lackluster play at times. Tonight, they almost looked like a team that had flu going through them.

The All Star Flu.

All Star week hangover. 

That all star week love fest is over finally. Congrats are in order, but there is a price to pay for not really resting. Meanhile all the other teams watch that  all star escapade and measure their revenge for when we meet. 

We're paying that price. However we really needed the all stars to earn some respect for our best players. From the refs. I think our team needs to carry our all stars for a couple games because I wouldn't be surprised if their fatigued. 

Burn out happens.  

But they will bounce back.

Just go beat Detroit. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

i dunno how i feel about this game. we are now 1-3-1 against the big fast teams vegas dallas colorado boston and got our face punched in by vegas colorado and boston.. but then again we 2-0 florida and 1-0-1 against ranger. we are due for a dud is not an excuse for this poor showing from the top to the bottom of this lineup.. the top PP is awful they shouldn't be passing the puck back and forth in slow motion if they are going to use a forward at the defenceman position.. passing the puck so many times is bound to turn the puck over and have a forward back as a defence.. they are just playing with fire.. but they won't change.. they'll continue this style of PP.. we have one of the slowest if not the slowest looking PP in the league always looking for the perfect pass perfect shot.. instead of the quick movement get it on net and play for the rebound tiring the pk out.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Damn lindholm and pety both -4.  Ouch

Try Hogs with them instead of Mik. Put him on the 4th line.

Putting Hogs there would make a all Swedish line. It might spark them. And they can yell in their language. Give 'er a go I say.

ps get Martinook instead of Aman. We need the 4th line to add another wave of defense after the GarLine. Or someone like Martinook.  Aman gets knocked around too much for what his role is supposed to be.  aka human hacky sack

lol the whole team was bad period but of coz they love to single out EP. Hughes and miller was equally bad tonight. There was a play when Hughes retrieved the puck in his own end and then just casually tried to skate with it and skated right into the Boston player. Like he literally skated and navigated into the Boston player instead of away from him I’m like ok it’s that type of game 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

The thing is, how can Petey command even $10M when JT is making $8M AND has been leading Petey in the scoring race all season. In management's minds, why would Petey be worth any more than JT? I wouldn't be surprised if PA/JR have gauged interest in Petey if he were made available in a trade. Or what they might do if some fool wants to sign Petey to an offer sheet. All I know is even though he has impressive numbers, something is missing in his game and I can't really say what, only that he seems to have lost the swagger that made him so daring in his first years in the league. And, imho, PA/JR wouldn't bat an eye if they decided they couldn't give Petey what he wants, if he wants. Especially if Petey files for arbitration, which would absolutely mark the beginning of the end of Petey's time in Vancouver, one way or another.

Lets be honest, Petey is just entering his prime, while Miller will be leaving his... They've been scoring at almost same pace...

It sucks we lost, and Petey had a poor game, it happens...

Fact is, Canucks are now considered top dogs in the NHL and teams are bringing their A games, when they are playing us...

At least the boys will now need to learn to fight back, and stand tall... 

It could be a blessing in disguise... of course only if they prevail and learn to stand tall in the face or adversity 🙂

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Great presser….no excuses. Though this is our first regulation loss in awhile, you could tell he was pissed at the effort. As he said, you might be off sometimes, but ya gotta stay in the game and skate ur ass off. It’s not okay to just float bc it’s not ur night. Our top 2 lines floated tonight, and it’s not alright.

A lose with good effort isnt  the end of the world. Losing bc u aren’t working is pathetic.

Love Tocchets pressers...

Never shy away from honesty and doesn't sugar coat it... how refreshing... He speaks like a coach in charge of a GOOD team...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Something inside of me thinks he wants to move on. He hasn’t come out and said he loves Vancouver. He’s never seemed to be committed. He has said he wants to win and here they are winning and at times he still looks unhappy or unsure. Not sure why when your team is first in the league. It feels like the only way he stays is if we make it to the finals. Something is off about his attitude.

I don't think he likes tocchet myself but even if that's true your drive to win should exceed that. I think he's got some injuries but who knows.

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

Theory #1: The stars (Petey, Hughes, Demmer, Miller, Boeser, Lindholm) were emotionally drained after a busy all-star week, a hard-fought game against Carolina, a lot of travel, playing on the road against an excellent team and a couple of bad breaks early. It was tough to do much but it happens and there is nothing major to worry about.

Theory #2: After spending the season playing like they had something prove and remembering that "they haven't won anything yet", the Canucks finally started to believe the hype and, instead of focusing and playing hard on every play, played a sloppy "entitled" game. Should be a wake-up call and they should come back strong in the next game.

Theory #3: The Canucks did not play that badly but made a couple of bad mistakes that wound up in the back of the net and some bad luck at both ends of the ice. Expect positive "regression" next time out. 

1. The truth is probably a mix of all three.   One way or another the Canucks were due for a game like this after going 12 games without a regulation loss and with only two regulation losses in the past 24.

2. The Blueger line ("third line") was the best line again in the underlying stats and by the eye test. Too bad those guys are not a bit better as "finishers" because they generate a lot of chances (and they don't give up much).

3. Petey had a bad night and his "dash 4" is an ugly stat. He came up "short" on both short-handed goals and did not look good on the 5-on-5 goals. In the past-game interview he was kind of petulant and defensive. I guess that is understandable but I would preferred him to just say "I played like s...t" (or the equivalent). He did say at the end of the interview that he "needs to be better", which was something.

4. Usually the "chasing" team outshoots the other team in the 3rd period. But the Canucks had only 4 shots in the third and were credited with only 1 scoring chance (Boston had 7.)

5. Not a lot more to say. The Canucks were not as bad as the 4-0 score indicates but they were not good. One game has to be the worst game of the year. Let's hope this was it. Looking for a bounce-back in the next game.

Spot on James....

It was a poor performance, and it unfortunately against Boston...

Think it was a mix of the 3 above, and it looked like they were skating in mud to start the game. Struggled to control the puck, and made positional mistakes we haven't seen in a long time.... 

Reset and move along... we'll see in a few weeks if Boston really are that much better than us, when we get the return match.

Lets hope this was a wee up call for the boys... or they at least find some energy before the next game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Can I just add here that in the midst of all the negativity, our D actually didn't do so bad in this game...

Pleasantly surprised by Juulsen and his heavy game... he played hard and physical.

Hronek as well... he seem to be the one, who actually took exception and delivered a few cheap shots himself to the Bruins forwards...

Myers and Cole were also fine... 

The D didn't lose us the game... so that is at least something to take from the game...

Rat boy is still a rat, but the one player I really hoped somebody would crush was McAvoy... a dirty little cheap shot bastard, who really picks his moments.

Garland got a few whacks from him and the refs let him get away with it time and time again... 

Really hope they line him up the next game....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i dunno how i feel about this game. we are now 1-3-1 against the big fast teams vegas dallas colorado boston and got our face punched in by vegas colorado and boston.. but then again we 2-0 florida and 1-0-1 against ranger. we are due for a dud is not an excuse for this poor showing from the top to the bottom of this lineup.. the top PP is awful they shouldn't be passing the puck back and forth in slow motion if they are going to use a forward at the defenceman position.. passing the puck so many times is bound to turn the puck over and have a forward back as a defence.. they are just playing with fire.. but they won't change.. they'll continue this style of PP.. we have one of the slowest if not the slowest looking PP in the league always looking for the perfect pass perfect shot.. instead of the quick movement get it on net and play for the rebound tiring the pk out.. 

Yes if you think about the 2 goals we scored in Carolina, it was a quick point shot with a tip in front of the net. 

We are going for the Ovechkin cross seam one timers but that's hard to do when the pk is cheating and playing up pressure. 

I don't know why we keep trying to force it. 

• Cheers 1