PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Gotta love Tocc-isms.

“Effort boots” 😂

Funny there just happened to be an ad for boots at the top while I was watching this. Didn’t happen to see any “effort boots” for sale unfortunately…

• Cheers 1

Horrible game last night, but wow the response to the team (and Petey in particular) is wild by some people. 

Big thing for me is how they respond tomorrow. Super early game and first of a back to back, but will be interested to see their effort level. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So, basically, all season long fans have been waiting for that statement to show the rest of the league and other fanbases that the Canucks are legit. I mean, winning the previous eastern road trip and beating the NY teams made people stand up and take notice. That was all well and good.

Still, though, it only takes one game against Boston - the real legitimate test as a contender - for the sting and pain of 2011 to come flooding back. It's inescapable, it's very real, and unavoidable until we beat these guys and become the better team once and for all.

That pain, heartbreak, and anger should be used as motivation both as an organization and as a team to never let that happen again. And any one who is fortunate enough to join the Canucks should first and foremost have that "never again" mentality, which should also be ingrained in our Canucks identity. An understanding of our history should be a priority as a player in understanding why losing to the Bruins hurts more than the average game. 

In taking the positive from the loss, last night's game was a good opportunity to see exactly what we're lacking and what we need to do to become a top team.

Losing to the Bruins in that fashion, however, needs to be unacceptable. Period.

I think losing to anyone in that fashion is unacceptable. I'd rather be in first place than beat the Bruins once or twice every year. That's solely a fan problem. I too was crushed 2011, but I've moved on. It's like QH's preaches, don't get too high or too low, and certainly don't let one game linger in your mind forever either. I definitely think we'll see a great effort when they meet again in Van.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

As a side note.   Wasn't Demko going for a club record last night?   If Tochett was thinking about that sort of thing, he'd of started De-Smith.    That's a good coach.   He's not.   Instead he tied the late great "Dan the Man Cloutier".   Passed Luongo though.   And let's not forget who he was beating shall we.   Wasn't a bunch of plug teams.     Wonder if that played into it a bit.   Good lesson for Demko.    During those 9 games, he was pretty spectacular. 

Tocchet doesn't give a hoot about that kind of records...

Only thing that matters is moulding a team capable of winning the cup.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Horrible game last night, but wow the response to the team (and Petey in particular) is wild by some people. 

Big thing for me is how they respond tomorrow. Super early game and first of a back to back, but will be interested to see their effort level. 

Ah, just twitter going nuts. Those of us that know, realize Pettersson goes hot and cold.  Most high profile players do. 

• Cheers 1

Lunch time couldn't come fast enough, just waiting & wanting to see this board 🤣

This is great the Canucks got taken out to the woodshed and slapped around, a comedy of errors and mistakes and the game was over in the first.

Get all the idiot mistakes out in 1 game and go on and learn.

Petey says to Lindy " hey just be glad we weren't actually in Van City, good game and your Jesus Christ Superstar, bad game and your Hitler's Little Brother, bunch of bipolars"

Get to Detroit grip it and rip it and be professionals, just like your coach was after the game.

GCG 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think losing to anyone in that fashion is unacceptable. I'd rather be in first place than beat the Bruins once or twice every year. That's solely a fan problem. I too was crushed 2011, but I've moved on. It's like QH's preaches, don't get too high or too low, and certainly don't let one game linger in your mind forever either. I definitely think we'll see a great effort when they meet again in Van.

Yip. Boston lost the game prior by pretty much the same score, to a worse team. Move on fans. NO team is great every game. Even the as bad as it was, it was only a really bad period that sank the Canucks. Move on. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I partially agree with you and things about your post that I do agree with.

It's not wrong that it's a fan problem at all.

I certainly understand what you're trying to convey from a high road, altruistic, ideal, right thing to say perspective.

However, it's also ok to say what I said, look back, and use that as motivation years later. 

The whole "moving on" thing is just a way of shutting down other angles of discussion. 

56 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s all part of the learning curve. You don’t become a top team over night without some growing pains.

Seems to me every time a game comes with extra hype from the media they get psyched out or something. 

Exactly. Imagine Lekkermaki bringing his speed to the team. Playoff experience, whether extensive and rewarding or short and deflating is still experience, and those fundamental pieces of this team need it. 

19 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Lunch time couldn't come fast enough, just waiting & wanting to see this board 🤣

This is great the Canucks got taken out to the woodshed and slapped around, a comedy of errors and mistakes and the game was over in the first.

Get all the idiot mistakes out in 1 game and go on and learn.

Petey says to Lindy " hey just be glad we weren't actually in Van City, good game and your Jesus Christ Superstar, bad game and your Hitler's Little Brother, bunch of bipolars"

Get to Detroit grip it and rip it and be professionals, just like your coach was after the game.

GCG 

Exactly this. Especially the last line about Tocchet. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ducklover said:

Petey plays like he wants to stay in Vancouver but was already told the Canucks top offer and he's not happy about it. Now he has to make a decision.

Correction: Petey plays like he wants a big payday, not like he wants to stay in Vancouver. 

By all accounts, he and his agent are proving to be tough negotiators. Someone who’s team-first wouldn’t look to squeeze every penny possible out of the team.