PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yessir. Nothing, and I repeat nothing (lol) gets me as upset as giving away shorties. I find it just irreprehensible, and absolutely demoralizing when it happens. To be honest I've been bitching for over a year now about how careless Petey in particular is on the PP. Hughes sometimes too but at least he hustles back when he turns it over. For me giving up a shorty is like erasing 25 goals for. 

You should never get scored on short handed ... especially when our PP is so anemic anyway. Hopefully that's the lesson today. Don't be lackadaisical on the PP, and shoot the goddammed puck. 😁 Alright, whoooo, I'm feeling a lot better now.

Purify Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yessir. Nothing, and I repeat nothing (lol) gets me as upset as giving away shorties. I find it just irreprehensible, and absolutely demoralizing when it happens. To be honest I've been bitching for over a year now about how careless Petey in particular is on the PP. Hughes sometimes too but at least he hustles back when he turns it over. For me giving up a shorty is like erasing 25 goals for. 

You should never get scored on short handed ... especially when our PP is so anemic anyway. Hopefully that's the lesson today. Don't be lackadaisical on the PP, and shoot the goddammed puck. 😁 Alright, whoooo, I'm feeling a lot better now.

Yip, a lot don't want to hear this, but there's truth in dem words 

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

It's just selective interpretation.  One game vs those teams (2/3 were on a road trip) scattered months apart.  Meanwhile, they have beaten many teams that are "playoff contenders" whatever that means, and many during a tough road trip. 

But some how these games don't count?

2-0 Canes

2-0 Florida 

1-0-1 NYR 

1-0-1 Stars

3-0 Oilers

1-1 leafs

Keep worrying. Wait for that wheel to fall off.  The entire season since game one was that mentality.  When will they fall back down?

I'm glad the players don't think like that. 

It was interesting to see Allvin making key additions, improving the team, and people still clinging to the old narratives. They failed to adjust, recognize that we were going to be better, and doubled down on the "we suck" schtick.

That had a lifespan.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

Looking at those first two SHG, JT also made poor reads.  EP played poorly, but he wasn't alone for sure. 

I don't care how much he gets paid. That's business of hockey and I'm confident the front office know what they are doing.  When they signed JT instead of Bo, I was questioning their decision.  But it was the right move for this team.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Excellent post and points. The market will give him 12 million because he's a Top 10 player in the league.

The problem with Petey is that he's streaky on the road to 100 points yet still manages to get it done, put up points, play responsible, all of what you've pointed out. But he's a superstar in streaks with a different type of reliability.

From what I can tell, a lot of fans actually want to see more a consistent, less streaky superstar who can we can rely on in games like last night. That's where I think a lot of this contention comes from in this discussion.

This.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I get what you're saying. Don't worry about me being negative. It's not chronic. 😉

For me, this isn't about the inability to move on. It's about continuing to find new meaning, which helps us regain our footing when similar, familiar adversity and challenges arise (ie: the game last night). 

This is all a part of continuing to move on.

As fans, if anything, the grief and trauma of 2011 has taught us that there is hope moving forward and that we can take comfort in knowing we can't go back. There is no going back anyway.

I find it incredibly interesting that we still can't get past Boston 13-years later. That the Bruins are still a major measuring stick for us over a decade later. It's ok to discuss that rather than shutting it down.

Today, we are now in that forward place from moving on from yesterday, we've done that, and we've carried the losses, learned from experience, and we never forget.

That is why the 2011 experience should be ingrained our cultural identity so that we hold ourselves to a higher standard in never allowing that to happen again. That's new meaning from that experience.

Also, think about this ...

Much of the discussion on this forum is rooted in the past yet so many are not "moving on". This board shouldn't exist. lol

Go Canucks go!

We're actually 14-14 against them since 2010 if my search was accurate.

25 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t see it. His longest point drought this season is 3 games. 2 games 3 times. I guess if that’s streaky I’m good with that 

He's streaky. We've all seen it. My posts are a bit challenging, I know, but he's known to be streaky. 

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Looking at those first two SHG, JT also made poor reads.  EP played poorly, but he wasn't alone for sure. 

I don't care how much he gets paid. That's business of hockey and I'm confident the front office know what they are doing.  When they signed JT instead of Bo, I was questioning their decision.  But it was the right move for this team.  

Note to players:

Hi, Coach Rick here.

Just so you know moving forward, the power play is actually part of the hockey game now. It's not time to practice doing pirouettes, seeing if you skates are sharp, talking to friends on the other team, seeing how many times you can pass it back and forth, or testing your stick to see if it will break. 

We must also ask that if by chance you lose the puck you remember we're right in the middle of a hockey game and any goals scored by the other team will actually count on the scoreboard and be calculated towards the games final score. It is also not time to wave to people in the audience, sign sticks, check out how many fans you have on Instagram, or see how close you can get to letting the other team steal the puck on long drawn out back passes.

Thanks in advance for your understanding,

RT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

I don’t see it. His longest point drought this season is 3 games. 2 games 3 times. I guess if that’s streaky I’m good with that 

No doubt hey. Posters really forget fast. You're not going to get points every game. I have zero problem with a player having an off night every now and then.

1 hour ago, Devron said:

What ever that is I ain’t watching it. Probably stoked with the loss yesterday 

What a clown. I refuse to listen to anything that smug, critical, no account leech has to say.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That wasn't my point. 

Oh, maybe I misunderstood this part:

I find it incredibly interesting that we still can't get past Boston 13-years later. That the Bruins are still a major measuring stick for us over a decade later. It's ok to discuss that rather than shutting it down.

To be fair. I'm not concerned.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

He's streaky. We've all seen it. My posts are a bit challenging, I know, but he's known to be streaky. 

So is every player really. That’s my point. He had a period at the end of his rookie season and one where he struggled after his new contract. Otherwise he’s just as steaky as anyone. We act like all the other stars in the league bring it every game. That’s not the case at all. We just flat over analyze Petey and I get it, it’s a contact year. He’s bound to be under the microscope 

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I get what you're saying. Don't worry about me being negative. It's not chronic. 😉

For me, this isn't about the inability to move on. It's about continuing to find new meaning, which helps us regain our footing when similar, familiar adversity and challenges arise (ie: the game last night). 

This is all a part of continuing to move on.

As fans, if anything, the grief and trauma of 2011 has taught us that there is hope moving forward and that we can take comfort in knowing we can't go back. There is no going back anyway.

Today, we are now in that forward place from moving on from yesterday, we've done that, and we've carried the losses, learned from experience, and we never forget.

That is why the 2011 experience should be ingrained our cultural identity so that we hold ourselves to a higher standard in never allowing that to happen again. That's new meaning from that experience.

Also, think about this ...

Much of the discussion on this forum is rooted in the past yet so many are not "moving on". This board shouldn't exist. lol

Go Canucks go!

2011 brought grief and trama to soft candy ass millennials. I could only imagine the reaction if you told someone who stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-day that your favourite sports team lost a series, almost 13 years ago, and your still grieving through the trama from it. 

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

So is every player really. That’s my point. He had a period at the end of his rookie season and one where he struggled after his new contract. Otherwise he’s just as steaky as anyone. We act like all the other stars in the league bring it every game. That’s not the case at all. We just flat over analyze Petey and I get it, it’s a contact year. He’s bound to be under the microscope 

I respectfully disagree. I can't say he hasn't been streaky. 

• Cheers 1