PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

I took that defeat very badly - I had a surgery on Wednesday and I hope that a good game (win or loose) helps me with recovery. I am in a lot of pain now - physically and menially.

Hope for a better game on Saturday

GCG!

That loss made me feel like I had surgery too.

Joking aside, please take care. Hope you have a full recovery and not too much more pain. Hopefully tomorrow's game will be better.

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

I took that defeat very badly - I had a surgery on Wednesday and I hope that a good game (win or loose) helps me with recovery. I am in a lot of pain now - physically and menially.

Hope for a better game on Saturday

GCG!

Old Alf, after the club’s loss, turned to the bottle. Okay, Alf was turning to the bottle before and during the game too. Can’t have enough empties. 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.🥃

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

To much Irish in Boston. I don't think the Bruins will keep players who aren't willing to get their noses bloodied. Been that way for years. Bruins used to have more size. What I see in them now is more speed. They were actually pretty impressive. 

As a kid growing up watching the Canucks when they first came into the league, you had to have a secondary team to root for otherwise there wasn’t much to watch come playoff time.  Hate to admit it but Boston was my secondary team.  Back then they were tough as well, Bucyk, Esposito, O’Reilly.  Maybe it was the small rink that they had to play on that allowed them to flourish with slower but tougher players.  But man those Montreal-Boston games were awesome to watch.

Edited by coho8888

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Of course NHL pumping Marchand's tires for approaching 1,000 games. Which he probably should've been suspended for 500 of them. He's a poster boy for them despite being a dirty pos. Which kind of reflects on how this league is run.

I try not to be bitter, but the fact that he gets away with stuff that other players never would is repulsive. 

He's a sideshow freak for sure...but even in the world of the circus, people pay to see the sideshow. Other than a few comments on here I try to spend little energy even mentioning that freaky little pos. Hopefully 1000 games means he'll retire soon. 

10 hours ago, viking mama said:

I wondered if having so many of this team’s players at the “NHL-Allstar week/weekend” might result in a mini/slump or lacklustre return. 

The players with the least amount of jump & the most “off” of their games in BOS were their best players,…the All-Stars (Boeser, Petey, Miller, Demko & Huggy..& to some extent Lindholm).

They weren’t afforded the same kind of break to rest, relax, recover & re-energize as there teammates, and the vast majority of their opponents on other NHL teams. 

All star game was what 3 days? So they still had 6 days off. I think that’s plenty of rest. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Wow.

This team truly IS like the 2011 team! 😆😭

12 hours ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Same score as 2011 🤧

I was thinking the same while I was watching the game. So I am wondering......was it injuries or the refs the reason we lost that game?, I know Petey has had that lingering injury so I bet that was it. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously though, I think we are still trying to overcome the same obstacles we did back then, physical play and mental toughness. I still think we need some physical players in the top 6, Mik and Suter are not doing it. 

I don't care much about the score, as I truly believe that Boston played a good game, but nothing extraordinary, and we played the worst game of the year. When we're on, this game can easily have another outcome. Here are multiple takeaways that frustrate me;

- Lafferty and Aman had absolutely no hustle. That's the entire identity of our 4th line. Do something.

- Aman getting headlocked and doing nothing is a problem. We need someone with grit and snarl, not another passenger that's going to turtle when things get tougher and more physical. We need to seriously show our players history lessons of past Canucks teams, and the identity we are trying to stay away from. 

- Pettersson looked horrendous. He was the worst player on the ice, by far. Lethargic, not a care in the world, no hustle, no nothing. 

- Boeser floated all night. 

- Demko was let hung out to dry on what could have been a historical evening for him and the team. Absolutely pathetic effort going into a heavily mediatized game. No pride, no effort on a night they're supposed to prove the doubters wrong. 

Frustrating game to watch, as I truly believe that with more effort, the game could have easily swayed in our favor. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

The Canucks play Detroit, Washington, Blackhawks, Detroit next 4 games. I have a feeling we will win 3 out of 4 of those games and we will thin everything is fine and dandy again. But the reality is there are some significant holes in our lineup. Mainly the top 6. 

Suter should be 4C not in the top 6. Take Aman out or throw him on the 4th line wing.

Mikheyev is not a top 6 player. He’d make a great 3rd line winger. We need to move him + picks + B/C prospect for a legitimate top 6 forward with some size. 

Any word on when Soucy comes back? 

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

The Canucks play Detroit, Washington, Blackhawks, Detroit next 4 games. I have a feeling we will win 3 out of 4 of those games and we will thin everything is fine and dandy again. But the reality is there are some significant holes in our lineup. Mainly the top 6. 

Suter should be 4C not in the top 6. Take Aman out or throw him on the 4th line wing.

Mikheyev is not a top 6 player. He’d make a great 3rd line winger. We need to move him + picks + B/C prospect for a legitimate top 6 forward with some size. 

Any word on when Soucy comes back? 

Podzilla comes up? 

Just now, IBatch said:

It's not called "a break" for nothing.  

6 days is not a break? And technically the 1st day was a break too it was just the Draft. On the second day it was a break too for Boeser, Lindholm Who were not part of the skills competition. Demko too was only on the ice for like what 10 minutes? Taking shots for a minute and a half? 

So really fatigue should not be a factor what so ever. I think that’s just an excuse for the turd they dropped yesterday.

Just now, CanuckMan said:

6 days is not a break? And technically the 1st day was a break too it was just the Draft. On the second day it was a break too for Boeser, Lindholm Who were not part of the skills competition. Demko too was only on the ice for like what 10 minutes? Taking shots for a minute and a half? 

So really fatigue should not be a factor what so ever. I think that’s just an excuse for the turd they dropped yesterday.

The big difference last night was in nets. 

Honestly speaking I think they should switch things up a little. Bring up Podz or Bains from the farm team. I just hope they replace Mikheyev soon. 

Seriously doubtful we move Mik. Not easy to find his skill set and size. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I don't care much about the score, as I truly believe that Boston played a good game, but nothing extraordinary, and we played the worst game of the year. When we're on, this game can easily have another outcome. Here are multiple takeaways that frustrate me;

- Lafferty and Aman had absolutely no hustle. That's the entire identity of our 4th line. Do something.

- Aman getting headlocked and doing nothing is a problem. We need someone with grit and snarl, not another passenger that's going to turtle when things get tougher and more physical. We need to seriously show our players history lessons of past Canucks teams, and the identity we are trying to stay away from. 

- Pettersson looked horrendous. He was the worst player on the ice, by far. Lethargic, not a care in the world, no hustle, no nothing. 

- Boeser floated all night. 

- Demko was let hung out to dry on what could have been a historical evening for him and the team. Absolutely pathetic effort going into a heavily mediatized game. No pride, no effort on a night they're supposed to prove the doubters wrong. 

Frustrating game to watch, as I truly believe that with more effort, the game could have easily swayed in our favor. 

Not to find a new player to start looking at, but now that Kuzmenko is with the Lames, Aman is the odd man out IMO.   Not a big fan.    Looks bigger than he's listed, but for me anyways, we need our guys to play their size and some.   Why is it, that a guy Garlands size, has more snarl then someone who looks so big on the ice, but plays a tame game?   Bugs me.   Lafferty at least goes to the net.     

Team needs a bruiser on that line, doesn't need to do much more then that, Aman sure doesn't.   Wearing 88 is the toughest thing about him, otherwise, well not sure what else he has to offer.    Sure hope Allvin and Co, are looking at that as well.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

That’s true I don’t think Demko was sharp at all. His movement seemed slow motion to me.

Demko is tops in the league but even those guys have off nights. I thought we could have yanked him after the first.