PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

yeah, I dont think we need anyone over 9 million on the team, considering what we have this year.

Looking at how many UFA we have, and how many are worth keeping.

I think the core is still there even if we let Petey go.

Which is why I think he will stay.

32 minutes ago, Devron said:

You’d let Petey go for 9 million. Wow 

Yeah I guess we don’t need him. 

and btw the whole PP unit has been at fault for these shorties 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

All true. But Petey is making his bed. Really he should tell his agent to negotiate a new contract. This waiting until after the season makes no sense. He doesn’t need to be involved until it comes time to sign. His waiting is actually hurting the club because management isn’t able to plan. Sure Benning (the Moran) didn’t care to plan, but new management does. IMHAO if Petey continues down this road of not negotiating then this management will extend Lindholm and trade Petey for a King’s ransom. 

We don't really know the ins and outs of the contract negotiations. 
Maybe he was offered $8M for 4 years or $9M for 7 years... and not happy about it. Maybe he wants NTC and not getting it offered. 
Maybe management have told him its all on hold till the off season (despite what they say). Or maybe Petey just had a crap game. He is still together with Miller our top point producer, and only 25... He is entering his prime now. Another 5-6 years 100points or above?

We'll see... 😊

On 2/8/2024 at 8:04 PM, Curmudgeon said:

2019-2020 Playoffs, Petey scored 7 goals and 11 assists for 18 points in 17 games. I think you have a short memory, and an axe to grind.

I expect the top players to be the top players - I think it’s pretty normal don’t you think?

Let me ask you a question…

Do you watch the Canucks to see their best players shit themselves?

The matchup against Boston was an opportunity to for them to rise up and stomp their historical foe… To exercise some demons… There was a lot of pride on the line - these games are games that athletes get up for… That athletes dream about…

I don’t know you but I’ve played competitive sports

You get up for games like this

you do your very best to try your hardest

Petey’s -4 is totally unacceptable… It’s true that it’s a team sport but the Swedish line was so bad they were benched…

These are world class athletes with a lot of pride - I don’t know about you man but I’m not happy with his ( this lines) performance. It’s not an axe to grind this is normal behaviour for a competitive sports fan…

Feel free to hand out participation pins so no one’s feelings get hurt all you want but that’s not who I am…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Um, didnt we have like 4 or 5 or 6 all-stars for the canucks? isnt there like 6 guys in the top 20 pts in the NHL he plays with?

This is a stupid dumbass escuse and Kuzmenko is already scoring in Calgary. I think more than Petey since the trade.

If PETEY NEEDS TO PLAY WITH A MATTHEWS 1OR MACKINNON OR MCDAVID then we should trade him to one of those 3 teams.

Ummm let's pump the brakes here. Are you saying Kuzmenko is better than Petey ... nice sample size of two games. Like c'mon, that's a dumb assumption.

Also, you completely and totally missed the point. They are not saying he needs to play with Matthews, or MacKinnon, he is saying those players play with all-stars while Petey has been stuck with Mikheyev (coming off injury), and a lame duck in Kuzmenko. A comparable or better linemates sure would help. Those 3 players top linemates avg about 60 points. Mik and Kuz both have 23.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I expect the top players to be the top players - I think it’s pretty normal don’t you think?

Let me ask you a question…

Do you watch the Canucks to see their best players shit themselves?

The matchup against Boston was an opportunity to for them to rise up and stomp their historical foe… To exercise some demons… There was a lot of pride on the line - these games are games that athletes get up for… That athletes dream about…

I don’t know you but I’ve played competitive sports

You get up for games like this

you do your very best to try your hardest

Petey’s -4 is totally an acceptable…

These are world class athletes with a lot of pride - I don’t know about you man but I’m not happy with his performance. It’s not an axe to grind this is normal behaviour for a competitive sports fan…

Feel free to hand out participation pins so no one’s feelings get hurt all you want but that’s not who I am…

This post is on point and accurate.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

yeah, I dont think we need anyone over 9 million on the team, considering what we have this year.

Looking at how many UFA we have, and how many are worth keeping.

I think the core is still there even if we let Petey go.

Which is why I think he will stay.

So we are also trading Hughes? 

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2024 at 7:43 AM, CanuckMan said:

All star game was what 3 days? So they still had 6 days off. I think that’s plenty of rest. 

I think they were there for Allstar-week,…which was actually more than what was broadcast on TV.

And it’s not like it was in their own back yards or took them to some place where it was sunny, relaxing & warm…it was in Toronto.

These guys were shut-up in their hotels, or answering media questions at luncheons & dinners & not quite kicking-it on the beach with their girlfriends or families.  

Their all-star break was okay for the hype,…but for body rest & relaxation it was kinda - meh! 

Edited by viking mama
  • chaos 2

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And Lindholm is what!?

a declining top 6 that played with ep for a grand total of 1.5 games? lindholm is still an excellent player but let's not kid ourselves.. his offensive stats been on the decline for 2 years in a row now. so who knows if it's linemate issue or he just straight up declining in production.. there's no star player that have gone thru more bottom of the barrel linemates than EP have in his career

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

a declining top 6 that played with ep for a grand total of 1.5 games? lindholm is still an excellent player but let's not kid ourselves.. his offensive stats been on the decline for 2 years in a row now. so who knows if it's linemate issue or he just straight up declining in production.. there's no star player that have gone thru more bottom of the barrel linemates than EP have in his career

I bet this doesn't have anything to do with losing two 100 point linemates, hey? come on, get outta here with that disingenuous nonsense. 

• chaos 1

14 minutes ago, tas said:

I bet this doesn't have anything to do with losing two 100 point linemates, hey? come on, get outta here with that disingenuous nonsense. 

lol they replaced one of them with a 115 points 85 assist guy lol.. that is struggling also with lindholm and kadri who was over a ppg.. let's not pretend they took 2 100 point guys and replaced it with some 40-50 point guy

Edited by wai_lai416
  • chaos 1

5 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Um, didnt we have like 4 or 5 or 6 all-stars for the canucks? isnt there like 6 guys in the top 20 pts in the NHL he plays with?

This is a stupid dumbass escuse and Kuzmenko is already scoring in Calgary. I think more than Petey since the trade.

If PETEY NEEDS TO PLAY WITH A MATTHEWS OR MACKINNON OR MCDAVID then we should trade him to one of those 3 teams.

are you stupid? does he actually play with any of them 5v5 outside of demko if that counts? boeser miller and hughes are glued together? Petey is such a bad player and teammate that's why he leads the forward in ev points despite not playing with miller hughes or boeser 5v5 

• Cheers 1

Well if there’s one thing we can say about a lot of posts about Vancouvers shit performance against Boston is that everybody was really up for the Boston game and had high expectations for a real barn burner - and were obviously let down - our team did not deliver and so therefore we are upset and not satisfied which I think is normal for a sports fan base as passionate as Vancouver is…

We care about our team and we want to team to succeed and compete hard specially against the best teams in the league…

Now onto the next game…

Go Canucks go

let’s bounce back from what happened in Boston and hammer Detroit

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

• Cheers 1

And last but not least this game is simply is another game that the Canucks staff will used to sharpen their skills refocus them on their assignments and to light a fire under their butts to get them back to their winning ways…

It’s clear that we have a very good coaching staff that knows how to get this done -

I’m sure they’re gonna use this to their full advantage to get this team motivated again

• Cheers 2

Flipping hell...

A stinking game by Petey, and now he is chopped liver? No player over $9M on the roster? 

Talk about the sky is falling after 1 game.... 1 game ffs...

There is more moaning and bitching here than when the team was floating about under Benning and Green/Bruce.... 

Just to bring a little perspective in... the team sits 1st in the NHL... 1ST..... maybe go take a couple of deep breath and slightly re-evaluate the expectations...

It was 1 game against Boston, 1 game... and as much as I hate the scumbag Bruins, mainly due to the history, but holy Batman...  Let change the whole roster, and start all over... 🤦‍♂️

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Flipping hell...

A stinking game by Petey, and now he is chopped liver? No player over $9M on the roster? 

Talk about the sky is falling after 1 game.... 1 game ffs...

There is more moaning and bitching here than when the team was floating about under Benning and Green/Bruce.... 

Just to bring a little perspective in... the team sits 1st in the NHL... 1ST..... maybe go take a couple of deep breath and slightly re-evaluate the expectations...

It was 1 game against Boston, 1 game... and as much as I hate the scumbag Bruins, mainly due to the history, but holy Batman...  Let change the whole roster, and start all over... 🤦‍♂️

ya the hate for EP by this fan base is real.. they praise miller and hughes all day and give 0 credit to EP for this teams success.. i mean 1/3 of this guys total goal just happens to be game winners.. and responsible for almost 1/3 of the total wins.. by comparison miller and boeser have less gwg combined even though they combine for almost 2x the goals. 

EP is so bad 5v5 and doesn't make his teammate better according to fans here but he some how is still leading the forwards in EV production even though his 2 linemates this season combined for less points than he have in total.. and leads all the forwards in blk shots and even more than our #1 defenceman.. pretty sure blocking shots isn't his job.. we are lucky to have a guy that's willing to sacrifice his body and do whatever it takes but i think we are at the point where the fan base is ready to run him out of town unless he signs for a massive discount and keep being delusional and say QH took a massive team friendly discount to help the team win when in reality QH took what was maximum for him at that point of his career and exceeded it.. exceeding your contract =/= taking a discount.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya the hate for EP by this fan base is real.. they praise miller and hughes all day and give 0 credit to EP for this teams success.. i mean 1/3 of this guys total goal just happens to be game winners.. and responsible for almost 1/3 of the total wins.. by comparison miller and boeser have less gwg combined even though they combine for almost 2x the goals. 

EP is so bad 5v5 and doesn't make his teammate better according to fans here but he some how is still leading the forwards in EV production even though his 2 linemates this season combined for less points than he have in total.. and leads all the forwards in blk shots and even more than our #1 defenceman.. pretty sure blocking shots isn't his job.. we are lucky to have a guy that's willing to sacrifice his body and do whatever it takes but i think we are at the point where the fan base is ready to run him out of town unless he signs for a massive discount and keep being delusional and say QH took a massive team friendly discount to help the team win when in reality QH took what was maximum for him at that point of his career and exceeded it.. exceeding your contract =/= taking a discount.. 

I really think the hate for Petey is due to the unknown future, they are putting up barriers so incase he does leave then they already have that hate on for him.

EP is a great player, who had a terrible game, but the WHOLE team had a terrible game. This loss wasn't on Petey at all. People who say Petey is streaky are not really correct, look what happened when we played him with talented players, he went absolutely off. Petey has played with Mik, who is a third liner at best when he is having a good year, and he's not having a good year, for like 95% of the season. And then he had Kuz who didn't know what he was supposed to do on the ice, and was adding nothing when he was out there. We've expected Petey to carry 2 linemates who couldn't produce offense this year, pretty much making Petey do it himself, and he's still on pace for over 100 pts. Yeah, he's a pretty terrible player.

I think once Petey and Lindholm get some time together you will see more "consistency" out of Petey, and if we can get Mik off his other wing with someone who is also offensively gifted(Hogs?), then I think it will be even more magical. 

Edited by greenbean30
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

You and your "fan base" blanket comments again, lol.

A few vocal complaints is not a fan base ffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

You and your "fan base" blanket comments again, lol.

A few vocal complaints is not a fan base ffs.

yes blanket for this forum at least.. look at the percentage of the post in here that's 1 way or another bashing EP 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

meh, a few vocal complainers. You hardly speak for this fanbase. 

i dont speak for the fan base yet i am entitled to my own opinion a good chunk of the fan base wouldn't mind to get rid of him and have been bashing him more often than not.. just like you are entitled to believe it's only a few vocal complainer