PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol they replaced one of them with a 115 points 85 assist guy lol.. that is struggling also with lindholm and kadri who was over a ppg.. let's not pretend they took 2 100 point guys and replaced it with some 40-50 point guy

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Little Johnny has less points than Lindholm this year.  So he’s not a 100 point player anymore without Lindholm is he?

chemistry and circumstance are important.

huberdeau didn't want to leave florida, was handed a blank cheque, and then told to be a franchise player when he's always been a complementary piece. 

gaudreau signed in columbus because he knew it would allow him to collect a paycheque while fading into obscurity without anyone noticing. 

looking at lindholm's numbers and just concluding "he's declining" without taking the context of the situation around him into consideration is broken logic. 

49 minutes ago, tas said:

chemistry and circumstance are important.

huberdeau didn't want to leave florida, was handed a blank cheque, and then told to be a franchise player when he's always been a complementary piece. 

gaudreau signed in columbus because he knew it would allow him to collect a paycheque while fading into obscurity without anyone noticing. 

looking at lindholm's numbers and just concluding "he's declining" without taking the context of the situation around him into consideration is broken logic. 

Which is why I said it could be him declining or it could be linemate issue? It’s not like I went and said lindholm sucks coz he’s old and declining? I literally said it could be either or? But seems convenient for you to skip the part that I said it might be due to his linemates and feel like jumping on me and say you don’t even look at his linemates and see why he’s declining. 

13 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Hughes was as much as fault as anyone on both short handed goals against. seems like everyone wants to blame myers for 1 of the other goals, but he was actually in position to defend. It was Petey who was out of coverage on 2 goals... The broken stick thing was no fault of Myers, even Demko didnt know where the puck was going.

Petey is not a superstar. He is a great guy, he is valuable. But he is not a McDavid, Crosby, Ovetchkin, or Matthews. He is not even a JT Miller yet. Maybe he will grow or maybe he will suck. But if some Eastern team will give us a huge 4 first rounders and free up that whole cap space, yeah, i am glad Petterson is waiting till summer to negociate. Cause if someone gives him an offersheet over 9Million, Canucks should let him go.

Very well said and I'm sure JR thinks the same way while PA might have a different perspective - due to EP40 being one of his fellow countrymen.