PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He has had no shots in the last two games. lol. Zero. NADA. So what is he doing. Well he’s allowing goals while he is on the ice. -4 tonight. You can’t defend him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's traded.  But it also wouldn't surprise me if he's re-signed.  I'd be fine with it either way.  Hughes is the alpha on this team.  I'd pay him whatever he wants.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

lol its just the classic EP slump, happens every 25 games lasts 10-15 games ... at least 

Didn't happen last year. He was great. He's been that way this year but more flashes. I don't think public call out is the way with him.

Not sure how to do it. A game off? 

I'd like to see him off the pk myself. A lotto line reunion too.

Boeser is so streaky. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Believe In Blue said:

No sugar coating it. We shit the bed.

But I was just thinking recently that the team needs some adversity, and now here it is. We don’t want to be the 2018-2019 Lightning

I am also an advocate for a team having to go through some adversity, in order to be successful in the playoffs.

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he's traded.  But it also wouldn't surprise me if he's re-signed.  I'd be fine with it either way.  Hughes is the alpha on this team.  I'd pay him whatever he wants.

I love Petey. I really do but I also think he has a lot to work on in his game. Mental toughness. Physical toughness and getting bigger in some form. It gets physical and he tends to not want to rise to the occasion. It’s concerning when he may want 11 to 12 million a year. We aren’t even in the playoffs yet. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Didn't happen last year. He was great. He's been that way this year but more flashes. I don't think public call out is the way with him.

Not sure how to do it. A game off? 

I'd like to see him off the pk myself. A lotto line reunion too.

You may be onto something.  Maybe too many minutes played.  Less minutes = more quality minutes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just worry that not one of our leaders on this team decided to take the bull by the horns and lead the team. They folded like a cheap tent. I feel like they need one more top forward that isn’t part of the history that is physical and won’t take crap from a player like Miller. Say it like it is and make a difference. We lack that player.

The early short-handed goal seemed to deflate them. That is something they should be able to play through.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Next game Petey has 3 points and it’s “him whatever he wants!! He’s clearly an elite player!” 😂

He is elite. He really is but he still needs to improve in areas. I don’t know how he gets some weight on him to handle being hit and staying on his feet. He just looks weak. He’s slight. That’s just how it is with him right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, DeNiro said:

Next game Petey has 3 points and it’s “Give him whatever he wants!! He’s clearly an elite player!” 😂

Nah this year he's been too inconsistent for me to open up Aquilinis cheque book for him lol

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Billabong said:

This just in…there are other good teams in the NHL who also can win games 

still 1st in the show and it’s their first regulation loss in a month 

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

So... what you're saying is... rebuild?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You may be onto something.  Maybe too many minutes played.  Less minutes = more quality minutes.

I don't know, i mean he's been bad on the powerplay with the shortys too. Looks like lindholm took over miller's pk minutes. I still feel he's got an injury, maybe wrist and legs with the falling over. Who knows. He looked so much stronger last year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billabong said:

This just in…there are other good teams in the NHL who also can win games 

still 1st in the show and it’s their first regulation loss in a month 

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

It seemed more like Vancouver lost than Boston won. But yeah, no need for alarm after a bad game. If they don't respond and put in a streak of bad games, then I'd worry.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think many of us are interested in paying him 12m.  He's clearly not that level of player.

Agreed. 

It's really too bad. He has such a high level of talent, but just missing that ability to elevate when it really counts. 

He is basically an 8/10, that can sometimes elevate to an 8.5, but more often drops to a 6/10 sometimes. He just never gets to a 9 or 10.

If that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't know, i mean he's been bad on the powerplay with the shortys too. Looks like lindholm took over miller's pk minutes. I still feel he's got an injury, maybe wrist and legs with the falling over. Who knows. He looked so much stronger last year.

If he's injured, he's gonna be completely incapacitated by the playoffs....

• Sad 1