PGT - Canucks at Bruins - 02/08/2024

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Absolute garbage game by the Canucks. The homers will come in saying “we can’t win every game” “we are bound to lose some” blah blah blah. 

1. Where is everyone from the GDT that was claiming Boston doesn’t have any physical players anymore and who’s going to play physical for them? Boston played much rougher and tougher than us. Other than Zadorav/Joshua no one on our team played heavy. So much for having a big defence.

2. Petterson single handed my responsible for at least 2 goals today. This guy has a hard time back checking and checking his guy. Hughes also to blame on that one SHG. Gave up completely on the play and let Petey skate back alone. 

3. Canucks PP has not only not been scoring but have now let in 4 SHG in 3 games. Shake that PP unit up or play with 2 defence men until we stop letting them in!!!

4. Suter needs to be our 4C again take Aman out. Mikheyev does not belong in the top 6. 

Next game try:

Lafferty-Miller-Boeser

Petterson-Lindholm-Hoglander

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Mikheyev-Suter-Aman

Thankfully missed this game but yes, Aman is not ready.

8 minutes ago, highandinside said:

I only watched the first 2 periods as I couldn't handle it any longer. From what I saw I did like Joshua Blueger Garland.

Pettersons line was way too soft and Mikhyev either needs to be a healthy scratch or on the 4th line and move Hog up to that line. Ive seen enough of Ilya. Suter is also better used in a 4C role. 

I think we need one more winger that has some snarl that can drag this team into the fight. It was too easy for the Bruins tonight. 

Yeah Mikhyev has been crap since the second week of the season, he better get his head out of his ass soon or he'll be the next one out the door.

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I love Petey. I really do but I also think he has a lot to work on in his game. Mental toughness. Physical toughness and getting bigger in some form. It gets physical and he tends to not want to rise to the occasion. It’s concerning when he may want 11 to 12 million a year. We aren’t even in the playoffs yet. 

He's smart, he can't rise to the occassion, he will get hurt. Until he gets an NHL physique he wil not reach the potential we need.

I wondered if having so many of this team’s players at the “NHL-Allstar week/weekend” might result in a mini/slump or lacklustre return. 

The players with the least amount of jump & the most “off” of their games in BOS were their best players,…the All-Stars (Boeser, Petey, Miller, Demko & Huggy..& to some extent Lindholm).

They weren’t afforded the same kind of break to rest, relax, recover & re-energize as their  teammates, and the vast majority of their opponents on other NHL teams. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

If the Canucks get 8 of 10 points on this road trip, I'm sure most of the negative Nellys will be singing a different tune.  Hell, 7 of 10 is pretty good.

A lot of the same posters have been wingeing game in and game out. 8 out 10 points on this road trip isn’t going to change that.

The team played lousy tonight. Not going to dump on the players to make myself feel better. 

• Like 1

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

A lot of the same posters have been wingeing game in and game out. 8 out 10 points on this road trip isn’t going to change that.

The team played lousy tonight. Not going to dump on the players to make myself feel better. 

Ya.  I think it is what they do in the playoffs that really is going to matter.  Out quick in the 1st round, and criticism will be valid.  Lose 4 nothing to the number 2 team in early February isn't really a cause of concern.   Hell, losing the next game either.  The Canucks are the last team in the league who have yet to lose 3 in a row.  

Call me when that happens. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya.  I think it is what they do in the playoffs that really is going to matter.  Out quick in the 1st round, and criticism will be valid.  Lose 4 nothing to the number 2 team in early February isn't really a cause of concern.   Hell, losing the next game either.  The Canucks are the last team in the league who have yet to lose 3 in a row.  

Call me when that happens. 

Thanks for the jinx buddy.........Sigh

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichterBelmont said:

Hoping that dumpster fire of a game was just a one-off and not a prelude of what's to come in the post season. I feel this is pay back for all of the fans who are jumping the gun and already writing the Canucks in as cup champs. We clearly still have a way to go and need to temper expectations. Just enjoy the ride that this season is. Making the playoffs was what I wanted this team to do this year, and it seems likely that they will make it. Anything after that is just gravy for me.

GCG!

Man i wish i had you're low expectations after watching them loss for the last 50 years, personally my expectations are a TAD higher!

• Cheers 1

To be fair to Petey on the zero shots stat. Hard to get shots when the moment you give the puck to Mikheyev he either gives it away to the other team or he shoots an absolute muffin on net trying to force points.

Mikheyev NEEDS to be moved off of that line. He doesn't support the play away from the puck, doesn't seem aware of where his line mates are when he cycles and just ends up throwing it the wrong direction down a wall to the other team and literally either stands next to his teammate with the puck instead of moving to open space or he will stand behind players. On top of all that he's aware he's not getting points so he's forcing things on net now.

Absolute nightmare of a line mate and honestly isn't anywhere near NHL caliber.

You can see Lindholm skating into him all night because he has no idea where to position himself. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

To be fair to Petey on the zero shots stat. Hard to get shots when the moment you give the puck to Mikheyev he either gives it away to the other team or he shoots an absolute muffin on net trying to force points.

Mikheyev NEEDS to be moved off of that line. He doesn't support the play away from the puck, doesn't seem aware of where his line mates are when he cycles and just ends up throwing it the wrong direction down a wall to the other team and literally either stands next to his teammate with the puck instead of moving to open space or he will stand behind players. On top of all that he's aware he's not getting points so he's forcing things on net now.

Absolute nightmare of a line mate and honestly isn't anywhere near NHL caliber.

You can see Lindholm skating into him all night because he has no idea where to position himself. 

Mikeyev needs to be moved off the roster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Who else thinks the Canucks definitely won't stand pat at the trade deadline now........?

Trader Jim/PA will not stand pat.  The question is more on the degree (depth moves, vs significant rental etc).

I think getting Lindy early was a good move.  They will evaluate the team in the coming weeks, plenty of tough games coming up.  

Kessel is getting ready to come back.