Rides

bishopshodan

'84 Vanagon

I would love to see your rides.

Edit:

As I am going into a field of work that could have some risks, my wife has asked me not to post our very identifiable rides. I still like to see what other people drive but I apologise for removing my contributions. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just drove one of these from the east side of Vancouver Island to the west side of the island, back to the east side, and then down to the southern part of the island.  What a rush!

314430_2018_Subaru_WRX.jpg

* note - picture is not of my actual car, I just lifted this off the web, because I don't have any shareable photos of my car anywhere and am too lazy to take one right now 😝

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Just drove one of these from the east side of Vancouver Island to the west side of the island, back to the east side, and then down to the southern part of the island.  What a rush!

314430_2018_Subaru_WRX.jpg

* note - picture is not of my actual car, I just lifted this off the web, because I don't have any shareable photos of my car anywhere and am too lazy to take one right now 😝

I was thinking of this for my next car, how is the interior? Manual? STI version?

• Cheers 1

Mine is a CVT, sport trim, without the fancydancy "EyeSight" package (I don't like interventionalist systems in my vehicles).  Runs like a fucking charm and takes the curves like a champ!  It's my third vehicle (totalled the first one, traded the 2nd one up for this model), and my first with > 200hp.  It was almost too much power for me to handle, so I've got a lot more roadtripping to do in order to get the full feel of how to control the beast.  :hurhur:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I was thinking of this for my next car, how is the interior? Manual? STI version?

Sorry, didn't even answer half your questions in my post... 😝

The interior for the model I'm driving is decent, could be better, but I've driven in worse before.  Gives ample support, but I'm a taller fellow and I find my head doesn't really fit under the roof (I blame the sunroof taking up all that space).  Creature comforts are good, the a/c works better than in the last two cars I owned.  Drinks gasoline in city driving like a parched guy who just found an oasis, but once you get open roads and no traffic signals, the fuel consumption is actually very good.

I don't drive stick, unfortunately.  They've shelved the STI model until future notice.  Probably will re-introduce it once they've got an electric motor version ready to hit the roads.  I will say though that the CVT and the FA2.0 motors are pretty bulletproof from what I've heard.

• Cheers 1

Can't post photos so I will post this wiki article that has an image of a car I had for close to 20 years before I sold it, had a son.

Also these things are so rare nowadays that you better have unreal security or they get ripped off.

It is a Ford XY GT Falcon, mine was electric blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_XY_Falcon_GT

The XY GT HO was the fastest four door production car in the world back in 1971.

They sold 300 to the public so they could race a few, they were the rules of touring car racing back then here in Aus 

They were going to bring out a phase 4 with the new body shape, XA,  however a politician labelled them bullets on wheels, which they kinda were, 160 MPH down conrod straight at Bathurst so they got canned.

18 year old kids were buying them and writing themselves off.

You could by a XY GT HO  complete with a QC ( quality control)- race- motor for just under 6 grand back then.

In September 2021 one sold for $1.3 million at auction.

My grandad's name on my mother's side was Joseph Henry Ford.

• Tank 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

2003 rsx-s

gonna drive it to the ground, currently 230km

996B12F5-C1D4-4508-9EF5-EAE05C741846.jpeg

My first one was a '01 Integra SE, the last model year they produced them (the '02s were RSXs already).  I made it past 200,000 before it got totalled (some guy ran a stop sign when I had a flashing green and I t-boned him; both airbags deployed and the hood was a mess).  I had lofty plans to aim for 7 digits (would've taken me 50 years at my pace, maybe 5 less if I roadtripped more often), but that all changed 11 years ago.  😢

• Huggy Bear 1

This is my dirt bike.

Even though it's over ten years old it only had 58 hours on it when I bought it, got it for a bargain off a friend, at the start of Covid and am only just starting to ride it a bit in the last year.

https://dirtbikerider.com/reviews/2012-kawasaki-kx450f/

Got rec- recreational - registration so I can ride it on all the bush tracks I grew up riding.

What makes our mountains crap for skiing makes the unreal for riding dirt bikes and four wheel drives.

They are riddled with tracks, twenty odd minutes from my farm there are bush tracks all the way to the high plains and beyond.

Before I got into skiing we explored the mountains, linked all the tracks up and wearing once a year do a " long ride " , six days on our bikes, close to 2000km loop.

The tracks/ hills in the high planes are gnarly , perfectly suited to the 600 4 strokes and in my case 500 2 strokes we used to ride.

We used to dump fuel off at certain points in the bush as well as small town service stations, carry what we needed on our backs.

Met a back up party at the half way point to change tyres, a bit of maintenance.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I love that.

What a cool looking bike. 

As you know my father like you, was a pom, Englishman.

He had a few bikes before he came to Aus, he actually brought a BSA 650 with a sidecar over with him.

Before he came over one of the bikes he owned and raced at the isle of man was a Vincent HRD.

I wish he brought that over with him.

Most of my buddies ride Harlies, I wanted to ride a British bike so I got the Trumpy.

• Vintage 1

1966 Mustang Coupe with a 289 (4.7L V8)

2015 F150 Crew Cab w/short box 2.7L Twin Turbo.

Past vehicles:

1999 Mustang 3.8L V6

1970 Mustang Fastback 302 (5L V8) Project - Never drove

1989 Mustang Coupe 2.3L 

2012 Ford Focus SEL 2.0L 

2002 F150 4.6L V8

Debating dumping 30k into the 66 in about a decade to refresh it, or sell it +30k and attempt to go after what I really want, a 1969 Fastback with a 351 (5.7L).

20230412_180105.jpg

20190507_142732.jpg

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1