[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He showed for a goal but the bar was low considering how bad he played last game. I still think the top players haven’t really shown up yet again. You would think a player like Miller would have a strong game but he’s been another no show. Out there for a skate. Doesn’t look good on the leaders to pick and choose when they want to play hard. Petey overall has had a better showing tonight. Not perfect but better.

The life line seems to be able to play the right way EVERY NIGHT, go figure.

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

We will see, a part of me thinks the flames are going on a tear with him and he'll end up with a bunch of goals, while we search for another scorer.

Just hope lindholm can really be 2 way here. 

In the playoffs, I think Lindholm would be the better player.

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The life line seems to be able to play the right way EVERY NIGHT, go figure.

Ya and if I were Tochett I would be talking about them a lot when talking to the team. Effort.  It’s not hard to raise effort level. Forget the skill just show all of us you want it. Can anyone honestly say Miller and Boeser look like they want it out there? No way! Just because you have shot attempts doesn’t mean your working hard.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Are we pretending he's had a good game? I'm not a hater of his but you can't honestly pretend he's been a huge impact. He has two lucky secondary assists and found himself at the right place and right time thanks to Hoglander's work.

He still hasn't been skating, forechecking or driving play. He's just gotten points.

If he played like this every night with linemates that aren't doing the forechecking for him then he'd be having a rough go. 

This, Petey has barely driven play all year. Not worth nowhere near 12 when you can’t drive play and fall half the game. 

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm amazed at how many times he misses the net. I guess he's always goin bar. sometimes you just want to get it on net though.

Especially with the power he has on his shot. If he didn't have the power I'd understand going bar every time but he has the ability to power through goalies.

Oh well just a confidence thing. 

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Flames are feeling the kuzmagic effect

They are only a pt back of WC2. But Blues is winning too.

Tocchet has been telling the team that it's going to get harder.  Teams are desperate and trying to get in.  Everyone is ready to go. There are no easy games.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

TIL that being objective about a hockey player makes you a hater.

He's a good player not playing up to his potential.

Ooh, big haterrrrrr statement!

Imagine a player getting 3 points in 11 minutes and being called average, or not playing up to his potential. So what exactly is Petey’s potential?  Does he need to get 5 points in one period to be called great?  How many average players get 3 points in 11 minutes?  

You see what you want to see. You are not being objective at all. Only a great player can get 3 points in 11 minutes of game time. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well at least we found one hater who is open about it.  Where are the rest at?

Not a hater. He is simply a streaky player. Time will tell if he is capable of contributing during the later rounds of the playoffs.