[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, the thing with Petey is he's cerebral, he's not a basher. The difference between picking off a couple pucks one game and getting 3 points and looking invisible is not going to be much, even though his effort and execution is the same.

Great players can get 3-4 points in one game and not even look like they are putting in a full effort. A guy like Höglander has to grind for every point because he doesn’t have the skill set of Petey. That’s the difference. 

Petey got 3 points in one period but he’s playing average. That’s what you hear. The problem with that is that an average player cannot get 3 points in one period. If they could they wouldn’t be an average player. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

For all the talk Miller does about playing hard and how not showing up is unacceptable he does a lot of not showing up for parts of games and the frustrating part is that he can dominate shifts. He just seems to lack motivation.

Miller's been pretty consistent. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yes, it's hard for me to type my thoughts fast enough lol.

Ideally Myers gets back on time and that was the gamble the other dman takes.  However, you hold your ground at the side of the net there imo.  The Detroit player (Kane I think I think) isn't going to score from the corner.......give him that and cover the front of the net

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This is typical Canucks hockey with this group. They just let teams hang around. Yes they win but they make it so much harder on themselves. Killer instinct boys. Killer instinct.

I know, winning is awesome.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

For all the talk Miller does about playing hard and how not showing up is unacceptable he does a lot of not showing up for parts of games and the frustrating part is that he can dominate shifts. He just seems to lack motivation.

He's too emotional.  I think he gets down on himself.  He is well aware and as long as he doesn't affect other players, I can tolerate it

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hogs, Juulsen, and Joshua.

Please add Boeser to the list.  He’s really impressed me this year (this game too).  Just a solid reliable player

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't whine about everything with Vancouver.

You on the other hand....

Yes I am whining. You sure can tell by a post. lol. I only notice you posting about others comments and how they sound. Rarely on the game or coming up with a post about McNair related topics. Keep looking to attack people. Looks good on you.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Great players can get 3-4 points in one game and not even look like they are putting in a full effort. A guy like Höglander has to grind for every point because he doesn’t have the skill set of Petey. That’s the difference. 

Petey got 3 points in one period but he’s playing average. That’s what you hear. The problem with that is that an average player cannot get 3 points in one period. If they could they wouldn’t be an average player. 

Completely agree. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You, on the other hand, never take a shift off. 60 minutes of relentless negativity game in and game out.

• Cheers 1