[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

This is the first stretch of games this season where I’m not fully confident in the team to win a string of games. Canucks gotta get that dawg back in them. Need Zads to go out there and be prime time Ray Lewis. 

2 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

Hnroek has no finish 

He has that big blast but when he has time doesn't know the timing to get a good pressure shot on net.

C'mon boys get one here will ya? 

SHOOT IT!!!

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's been better for stretches this year but it still blows my mind when people here speak or re-signing him ... at any price.

To be fair, those stretches make him look legit top 4.  But then he comes back down to Earth with plays like today.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This is the issue with Myers looks great for stretches and just looks awful on others. He’s at best a sixth dman on a great team in terms of defense. They are still missing another top winger and dman.

All comes down to how physical Myers plays. When he uses his stick as his primary tool he's awful, when he uses his body he's a capable NHL dman.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, The_Cherry said:

I know it’s only the second game back, but I would hate to see the boys just limp into the playoffs, just reminds me of Winnipeg last season. Chemistry of the team seems off right now 

Every team goes through some adversity.  What I’m seeing is that both Boston and Detroit are very aggressive defending to the blue line which is where the Canucks are the best at creating offence.  They need to adjust to that and maybe move there offense to running more down low like the Garland line does which is why they’ve still looked good

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

He has that big blast but when he has time doesn't know the timing to get a good pressure shot on net.

C'mon boys get one here will ya? 

SHOOT IT!!!

To be fair there were about 6 guys he had to shoot through. Tougher than it looks.