[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Most valuable player so far for the Canucks is Hoglander.                                    

That’s a huge issue when our top players haven’t responded to last games effort.

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man I miss Carson Soucy. 

His calm presence is missing. Zadorov and Myers are making too many chaotic plays and reads on the ice.

He's missed big time, Canucks play noticeably better when he is in.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dom said:

Not sure what happened between the Carolina game and now, but we do NOT look good at all. Maybe we aren't that good after all?

Nah, they'll get back to form.

All Star game put them in a relaxed/fun mode....they need to put their game faces back on. And score some damn goals.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

And to show I'm not anti-Myers...good stick there to swipe that one away. Although he still screens our goalie and I'm not sure he should.

Just to show everybody that sometimes, sometimes he can find a puck at his feet 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Not sure what happened between the Carolina game and now, but we do NOT look good at all. Maybe we aren't that good after all?

I just expect bad games in these matinees. I know it’s not an excuse, but…they’re just unnatural. I hate them. Has any Canucks team ever played well in one. Just hoping to get out of these without injury, as they seem to happen in these too

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Can't pass for shit 

Was just gonna say that.  That's probably the biggest problem right now.  Bad passing = Poor execution.  Feels like that's a mental issue here.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

I would like to see Boeser out of our top 6 to be honest. He hasn't skated hard in 2 months. He's such a fantastic player when he moves his skates but he's resorted back to last year Boeser. 

I wanna see Boeser off PP1 and replaced with Hronek.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Nah, they'll get back to form.

All Star game put them in a relaxed/fun mode....they need to put their game faces back on. And score some damn goals.

A team that wants to be taken seriously shouldn’t need four games to get going. It seems like they just want things to come easy without putting their work boots on.

Just now, HKSR said:

Was just gonna say that.  That's probably the biggest problem right now.  Bad passing = Poor execution.  Feels like that's a mental issue here.

• Like 1