[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And people think signing Myers again is a good idea? 😆

ABSOLUTELY! For another team!

But I suspect he will be back for $1.5M unless some other GM overpays.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I swear that dumb fake hockey game is the worst for players attending. Totally changes your focus from serious to fooling around.

C'mon kill this one off!

Couldn’t agree more. They say it’s for the kids, but even as a kid I detested them, and wanted the break to end. That was back when it was Campbell vs Wales, lol, so it actually had some semblance of a real game too.

• Cheers 1

Remember the last five years have been a learning period for this group. We have to learn from this. Tired of hearing how everything is a learning experience and I am looking and pointing at our main leaders that have been here. It shouldn’t be that hard of a learning experience but it has been. You don’t work hard, you will lose games. Not that hard to understand.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Two people

And a couple of them are in media hilariously enough.

I don't understand why you'd think signing a multimillion contract on an inconsistent player is a better option than a league minimum contract for the save value. Hell you could even promote youth up to the team and acquire close to similar results. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

It has been for about a third of the season. I always wonder why players deviate from what makes them successful so often. He should know that's what is making him play well. 

Agree. Might come down to what feels natural to them versus what they need to manufacture. 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Doesn’t that say more about the mentality of the team and how soft they are? Our leaders have been pretty disappointing the last couple of games. Look like they could care less.

I don't know about more but sure it calls that into question absolutely. It happens across the league every year though to lots of players. It's just a natural phenomenon imo. If you take something you love and cherish and spend all your time working on it, and then treat it like sh!t for a week, it's going to suffer for a bit. Relationships, work, yourself. Hockey is no different. 

It's like muscle memory. It's going to take them a bit to go from fooling around to playing serious and clinical NHL hockey. Let's not blow it out of proportion either. It's the third game back and we're right in it.

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Very well said and I'm sure JR thinks the same way while PA might have a different perspective - due to EP40 being one of his fellow countrymen.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Doesn’t that say more about the mentality of the team and how soft they are? Our leaders have been pretty disappointing the last couple of games. Look like they could care less.

After 50 games, I no longer am of the opinion EP40 may be injured due to his constant falling down every 2nd play and that this is just what we'll get with him moving forward.   I certainly don't think he demands a salary greater than McKinnon, McJesus or Matthews amongst many, many others but he's worth keeping for sure if his salary is "reasonable".   Hope they can get something worked out but you can bet JR won't get fleeced and stary eyed by a few " Finesse" goals into overpaying him.

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

When you can watch it over and over, it angers you more and more.......................................................

I swear he is the second coming of the original PYLON........Dana Murzyn. :classic_laugh:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Seems some have been waiting all season for a losing streak. 

Only down by one. Game's not over. 

I still think we win this one. Just needs more effort. And not even much more effort. Just like at least 60% skating from our top 6. Right now we are getting around 25% effort. 

• Vintage 1
  • chaos 1