[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

It's popular to rag on Myers.

Lucas Raymond undressed him. You have to put some respect to the opposing player as well.

If that was Pettersson nobody would be saying oh what a crap defenseman, we would be praising Petey.

Tyler Myers is the least of our problems.

Leaders are the issue right now.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Couldn’t agree more. They say it’s for the kids, but even as a kid I detested them, and wanted the break to end. That was back when it was Campbell vs Wales, lol, so it actually had some semblance of a real game too.

Yeah I remember collecting hockey sticker books with the Gold and Silver cards for the conferences. Big deal lol. Media and coverage was just expanding and that was kind of a big deal too. Like you though I couldn't wait for real hockey to get back. The all-star stuff is something I could watch for a minute out of idle curiosity then it's just a bunch of dorks screwing around. Lame!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

ABSOLUTELY! For another team!

But I suspect he will be back for $1.5M unless some other GM overpays.

I don’t think he’s in Alvin and Rutherford’s plans. They’re far too smart and shrewd to waste any cap on that guy. 

• Cheers 1

At this point I wouldn't be angry at Tocchet to possibly forfeit a win by drastically reducing ice time for the top 6 like last game.

We don't need the points. We need the buy in. Gotta set precedent that not moving your skates for a forecheck is acceptable. 

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

And a couple of them are in media hilariously enough.

I don't understand why you'd think signing a multimillion contract on an inconsistent player is a better option than a league minimum contract for the save value. Hell you could even promote youth up to the team and acquire close to similar results. 

Clearly RT disagrees as Myers was first one out on the pk and is usually out there in the last min protecting a lead

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t think he’s in Alvin and Rutherford’s plans. They’re far too smart and shrewd to waste any cap on that guy. 

Tocchet clearly loves him

I don't know why Tocchet uses Myers in key points in the game.  It sure seems like, from back here, that coaches are mesmerized by his size. And Myers definitely has an advantage there. He can dominate on the boards, use his long reach.

The problem is for all his good play using that size, he makes dumb mistakes, loses the puck, just in the wrong place, over playing, or just handing the puck to the other team in front of the net. And it only takes one or two bad gaffs a game to make a difference in the final outcome.  Some games he's responsible for more than one goal against.

I don't imagine we will unload him at the TD as we'll need bodies for the playoffs, but please don't re-sign him.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

At this point I wouldn't be angry at Tocchet to possibly forfeit a win by drastically reducing ice time for the top 6 like last game.

We don't need the points. We need the buy in. Gotta set precedent that not moving your skates for a forecheck is acceptable. 

Why though do they think they can just not show up? Aaahh, I don’t feel like it today. We are good enough to show up part time. Such a bad mentality.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I still think we win this one. Just needs more effort. And not even much more effort. Just like at least 60% skating from our top 6. Right now we are getting around 25% effort. 

Agree. No need to jump off the bandwagon so soon. Our stars need to wake up, find their game, and we need some spark from depth. 

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I remember collecting hockey sticker books with the Gold and Silver cards for the conferences. Big deal lol. Media and coverage was just expanding and that was kind of a big deal too. Like you though I couldn't wait for real hockey to get back. The all-star stuff is something I could watch for a minute out of idle curiosity then it's just a bunch of dorks screwing around. Lame!

Remember the "car buttons" - plastic coins we'd get under the lids of pickle and peanut butter jars?  1961-62 JELLY SHIRRIFF SALADA FOODS NHL HOCKEY COIN 61-62 COINS 1-120 SEE LIST - Picture 1 of 457

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Just what I said, yep.

Juulsen is a way better player than Tyler Fires! 

That's all we need from our bottom 4. Steady D. 

Any added offence is a bonus. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

What the hell am I watching..

I actually thought maybe I'd accidentally changed the channel. Like the remote was on my chair.

WTF is this???

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

I don't know why Tocchet uses Myers in key points in the game.  It sure seems like, from back here, that coaches are mesmerized by his size. And Myers definitely has an advantage there. He can dominate on the boards, use his long reach.

The problem is for all his good play using that size, he makes dumb mistakes, loses the puck, just in the wrong place, over playing, or just handing the puck to the other team in front of the net. And it only takes one or two bad gaffs a game to make a difference in the final outcome.  Some games he's responsible for more than one goal against.

I don't imagine we will unload him at the TD as we'll need bodies for the playoffs, but please don't re-sign him.

Because he obviously knows more than all of us

Just now, -dlc- said:

I actually thought maybe I'd accidentally changed the channel. Like the remote was on my chair.

WTF is this???

Sportsnet trying to grow the 6 to 8 year old audience?

• Haha 1