[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Juulsen is a way better player than Tyler Fires! 

That's all we need from our bottom 4. Steady D. 

Any added offence is a bonus. 

I think what is obvious is that they are missing a top four right handed dman. I don’t know how they fix this. It isn’t a Tanev. They need something better but it’s going to cost them.

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I actually thought maybe I'd accidentally changed the channel. Like the remote was on my chair.

WTF is this???

Not sure, but it’s making me think it’s already time to crack the bottle of Sauv that’s chilling in the fridge

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because he obviously knows more than all of us

On 2/8/2024 at 8:22 PM, stawns said:

Its starting to seem like RT isn't great at coaching highly skilled players......he doesn't seem to have those tools in his tool box.

Pick a side. I recall a a few times you've gone at Tocc like he doesn't know.

And if the argument is "Myers isn't highly skilled".....you're sort of making our point.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

The second period is going to say a lot about this team. What is the response to an ok showing when you haven’t scored for four periods now and you were badly outplayed last game? The domination and urgency should have been there by now. I am looking to our leaders to step up after another lacklustre effort on their part so far.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I actually thought maybe I'd accidentally changed the channel. Like the remote was on my chair.

WTF is this???

Cheezy attempt to groom future Canucks fans with a cheezy CGI cartoon piece.

• Like 1

Just now, End2End said:

Cartoons nowadays are so soft it’s no wonder the world has gone the way it has!

You mean they no longer have racist shit in it when I was a kid? 

Considering the world population, it's rather peaceful compared to your grandparents era. 

1 minute ago, End2End said:

Cartoons nowadays are so soft it’s no wonder the world has gone the way it has!

They irritate the hell out of me.

I can't imagine being a parent and having to listen to the noise.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t think he’s in Alvin and Rutherford’s plans. They’re far too smart and shrewd to waste any cap on that guy. 

Very possible they'll trade him.   His value is highest now before the TDL.     Once that passes and if he's still here he's essentially worthless to the Canucks as far as equity goes.   If I was JR I'd try to pkg him up with Mik and unplug a few holes and try something else than those two.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Low IQ shot by Mikheyev again. You're not gonna score with that muffin you wrist on net every time from there.

People harped on Garland for doing those and it landed him in the doghouse with Tocchet yet Mikheyev can do those all of the time and have a leash for days. 

Fans have been jumping all over Mik, every bit as much as Garland got.  The circumstances

are very much a like; with both players not fitting on the top 2 lines.  Thankfully, Garland upped

his game and found his place on the 3rd line.

Playing on the 4th line is the dog house for Mik.  This is not the first time (and probably not the last).

It should be easier for him to play his game at the level of a less skilled line.  If he can up his game,

it's all good for the team; as a useful player, or as a trade.

I can't say I'm happy about what Tocc is doing with Petey.  His confidence seems to be waning

with each game.  He's fumbling with the puck and seems out of position at times. It's like he's

overthinking the game. Loading up the 1st line and then putting Pete with a couple of bottom

6 players, doesn't seem to be the answer (so far).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We are missing a Todd Bertuzzi type forward on this team. A player with attitude that doesn’t take crap. We have a lot of players that sort of roll over when things get hard. 

We had the same problem in 2011. When teams play us physical and with intensity, we seem to fold. We should have came out hitting these guys right off the bat, or at the very least, came out with the life line for that immediate energy.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

We had the same problem in 2011. When teams play us physical and with intensity, we seem to fold. We should have came out hitting these guys right off the bat, or at the very least, came out with the life line for that immediate energy.

Who hits in the top six forward group that teams worry about on this team? There is no one. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

You mean they no longer have racist shit in it when I was a kid? 

Considering the world population, it's rather peaceful compared to your grandparents era. 

Some of the stuff was SO bad. But at least we always had Mr. Rogers to set us straight (not a cartoon but a kid's show)