[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

Just now, Slegr said:

I agree with this. I wonder if it's more of a personality issue with the lotto line. While Petey and Miller play it off a bit, I don't think the two really like each other, even though they're both super talented and play well together.

It’s about winning not being best buddies with your linemates.

I’m sure getting to play with Boeser would counter that anyways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I agree with this. I wonder if it's more of a personality issue with the lotto line. While Petey and Miller play it off a bit, I don't think the two really like each other, even though they're both super talented and play well together.

Interesting, has there been any credible source indicating that Petey / JT aren't on each other's Christmas cards list? I haven't read anything but then that doesn't mean much.

Gun to head, who would you keep and who would you trade? For me, given that decision, I would be driving Petey to the airport and picking up the assets heading back the other way. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Petey worked on the lotto line. Should just keep that together.

Petey Miller Boeser

[Trade] Lindholm Mikheyev 

Lindholm is arguably the best two way center we have. He should be 2C.

Need another play driving winger for him to play with.

Miller and Boeser do fine , no need to play the Lotto line on a regular basis. PDG filled in adequately as the guy doing the puck retrieval. He is not a permanent answer but they seemed to make it work. 

Yes I agree, Lindholm is our best 2 way center to run 2C.

What to do with Petey is the big question mark IMHO.

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Maybe they need to switch up the duos.  And have Boeser with EP on a line.

Suter Miller Lindholm 

Mik EP Boeser

Joshua Blue Garland

Hogz Aman Laff

Again we seem to be trying to find someone to play with Petey, I thought Lindholm would have been the perfect partner for him so who knows.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta still be looking for a top 6 winger or at least someone who can play in the top 6.

The fact that Lindholm has already been moved to Millers line is an issue. If he can’t fit with Petey I don’t know what you do.

He's a good player and you would think he'll fit in with a bit of reps. I too look at adding another winger but you're also changing a lot of sh!t at that point too.