[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So where are all the Petey haters at?

Are we pretending he's had a good game? I'm not a hater of his but you can't honestly pretend he's been a huge impact. He has two lucky secondary assists and found himself at the right place and right time thanks to Hoglander's work.

He still hasn't been skating, forechecking or driving play. He's just gotten points.

If he played like this every night with linemates that aren't doing the forechecking for him then he'd be having a rough go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Are we pretending he's had a good game? I'm not a hater of his but you can't honestly pretend he's been a huge impact. He has two lucky secondary assists and found himself at the right place and right time thanks to Hoglander's work.

He still hasn't been skating, forechecking or driving play. He's just gotten points.

If he played like this every night with linemates that aren't doing the forechecking for him then he'd be having a rough go. 

He’s had a good game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

He showed for a goal but the bar was low considering how bad he played last game. I still think the top players haven’t really shown up yet again. You would think a player like Miller would have a strong game but he’s been another no show. Out there for a skate. Doesn’t look good on the leaders to pick and choose when they want to play hard. Petey overall has had a better showing tonight. Not perfect but better. Where are you Miller, and Boeser, and to a lesser extent Hughes? Notice how I didn’t include Mikeyev or Suter. We lack two top players. Maybe that is the issue. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Devron said:

It was a good trade for both teams 

We will see, a part of me thinks the flames are going on a tear with him and he'll end up with a bunch of goals, while we search for another scorer.

Just hope lindholm can really be 2 way here. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

pretty sure if our first pp unit shoots the puck once in a while when a lane is open, their success rate would be through the roof.

They're gunshy ... afraid a blocked shot or rebound will lead to a breakaway and shorty. So always looking for the empty net tap-in or clear lane slapper/tip in

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Hogs is the guy here IMHO.

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

We will see, a part of me thinks the flames are going on a tear with him and he'll end up with a bunch of goals, while we search for another scorer.

Just hope lindholm can really be 2 way here. 

He was awesome on the 7 minutes' penalty kill

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Well at least we found one hater who is open about it.  Where are the rest at?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I guess the Detroit feed I'm getting is showing a different game.  Not at all what I'm seeing

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Well at least we found one hater who is open about it.  Where are the rest at?

TIL that being objective about a hockey player makes you a hater.

He's a good player not playing up to his potential.

Ooh, big haterrrrrr statement!