[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Mik to the fourth line makes sense.

He needs to simplify his game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he potted one today.

Yep, he definitely needs to be on the 3rd/4th. He's not a 2nd liner, and it's even worse with him coming off his knee surgery.

Not sure I like that they've moved Lindholm up, think I would've rather had Hogs-Petey-Lindholm and left Suter with Miller and Boes.

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Again we seem to be trying to find someone to play with Petey, I thought Lindholm would have been the perfect partner for him so who knows.

Yeah.  It seems weird to try finding a linemate for a “superstar” player.  Seems like EP is a great player but is not one that can elevate other players game (like Crosby or Gretzky).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

Yep, he definitely needs to be on the 3rd/4th. He's not a 2nd liner, and it's even worse with him coming off his knee surgery.

Not sure I like that they've moved Lindholm up, think I would've rather had Hogs-Petey-Lindholm and left Suter with Miller and Boes.

Or Hogs Lindholm Petey?

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

He's great, just think lindholm makes sense down a line with faceoffs.

Updated first post, gah early starts suck for lines

Miller is a winger who can play centre. The other two are centres who can play wing. Miller will have a great game! Five points!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Yeah.  It seems weird to try finding a linemate for a “superstar” player.  Seems like EP is a great player but is not one that can elevate other players game (like Crosby or Gretzky).

Petey carried Lafferty, didn’t he? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Hope Hronek shows them what they lost out on.

Big game.

me too, may have signed Hronek in my hockey pool yesterday... I want him and the nucks to tear them wings from wings.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Petey carried Lafferty, didn’t he? 

Not well enough since Laff is scratched for todays game.

Don’t you think it’s odd that halfway through the season and Canucks still can’t find a stable winger for EP?

• Cheers 2

Just now, BPA said:

Don’t you think it’s odd that halfway through the season and Canucks still can’t find a stable winger for EP?

Maybe just accept the fact Petey is a better winger than Centre?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I'm holding my drinking for tomorrow's game and the Superbowl

I NEVER miss Canucks' games. Ever.

Except I got a Christmas gift for an outing with my kids (can never turn those down, reminded them to always check the schedule first). So that was the first missed game in forever.

Tomorrow a funeral at 11....will pvr the game and avoid everything electronic until I get home/watch it. Then the SB. And probably a drink, cheers.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Well you selected two of the best players to ever play the game.. Petey is definitely great, but he is not in the conversation with Crosby and Gretz..

Petey does elevate his linesmates, but he can't make a 3rd liner into a star and this year he was sandwiched between a 3rd liner who is coming off a major surgery and a player who was in such a slump and had no clue what he was supposed to do on the ice. Yet, Petey is still on pace for over 100pts, pretty fucking good if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think they have one, his name is Hoglander. If Tocchet lets them gel I think they can do well together. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Well you selected two of the best players to ever play the game.. Petey is definitely great, but he is not in the conversation with Crosby and Gretz..

Petey does elevate his linesmates, but he can't make a 3rd liner into a star and this year he was sandwiched between a 3rd liner who is coming off a major surgery and a player who was in such a slump and had no clue what he was supposed to do on the ice. Yet, Petey is still on pace for over 100pts, pretty fucking good if you ask me.

I agree he’s a great player.  But as the other poster mentioned, he’s probably a better winger than a centre.  But it seems the Canucks are hell bent on slotting him in at centre.

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Lafferty hasn’t been with Petey for a long time. When he was with Petey he was scoring. Petey absolutely makes his linemates better. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I NEVER miss Canucks' games. Ever.

Except I got a Christmas gift for an outing with my kids (can never turn those down, reminded them to always check the schedule first). Tomorrow a funeral at 11....will pvr the game and avoid everything electronic until I get home/watch it. Then the SB. And probably a drink, cheers.

Yeah, I try not to miss a game either. Tomorrow, I've just got a cat visit and maybe a dog walk. Won't miss the game though. I'll just watch it on the phone while doing the dog walk if I have to. Cheers Deb

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Lafferty hasn’t been with Petey for a long time. When he was with Petey he was scoring. Petey absolutely makes his linemates better. 

Then how come that wasn’t the case for Kuz and Mik this season??

• Cheers 1