[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

Nice play by Petey there to play the puck back to DeSmith so the exhausted PP can get off.  

Jebus though - we sure pissed off the wings. Noones going to just let us saunter in and throw our weight around in their barns these days.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Yes and no. Somebody has to grind so Pete, Brock, Kuzz etc can coast putting up points. It's why the Mikheyev Kuzzi Pete line didn't work. Nobody got their nose dirty. 

Petey gets Selke votes every year. Those types of players don’t “coast”. 

That line sucked because Kuzmenko has no clue how to play defence and Mikheyev is coming off major surgery and is still not 100%. Pretty hard for Petey to play by himself and be effective. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So far we don’t look anywhere close to looking like a contender right now. Can’t lock down games. A couple of lines showing up after being called out. This is the freakin Detroit Red wings. I am

still surprised we couldn’t come out and dominate and win 6-0 after a crap effort last game. Pride for some is in question. It would be nice to have a game like that once in a while.

FYI the Dead Things are in a playoff spot and are playing at home. A reasonably good team. Expecting a 6-0 victory is a bit a stretch. I’d be fine with a 4-3 win. 

Just now, The Duke said:

Nice play by Petey there to play the puck back to DeSmith so the exhausted PP can get off.  

Jebus though - we sure pissed off the wings. Noones going to just let us saunter in and throw our weight around in their barns these days.

Gotta work like mad!!! Get it done!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

The weight is a sign of reliability.

I always go for reliability.

As he sells a revolver with the firing pin shaved off.

One of my fav moives.

Reminds me of where I grew up in England.

I swear my dad was friends with Brick top.

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That like sucked because Kuzmenko has no clue how to play defence and Mikheyev is coming off major surgery and is still not 100%. Pretty hard for Petey to play by himself and be effective. 

Well then they should rely on Mikeyev to be a top 6 right now if he isn’t 100%. Seems a silly ask of him right now.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That like sucked because Kuzmenko has no clue how to play defence and Mikheyev is coming off major surgery and is still not 100%. Pretty hard for Petey to play by himself and be effective. 

Sounds like you need a hug and a tissue Petey. :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey said before the season even started that he didn’t want to negotiate during the season. What part of that statement shows a noncommittal to this team?

JR also said Petey can't walk as they will qualify him and go from there.

• Cheers 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

One of my fav moives.

Reminds me of where I grew up in England.

I swear my dad was friends with Brick top.

"Do you take sugar?"

"No thanks Turkish. I'm sweet enough..."

My favourite movie too..so quotable.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1