[GDT] Saturday February 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET - Detroit

OldFaithfulcap

30 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Interesting, has there been any credible source indicating that Petey / JT aren't on each other's Christmas cards list? I haven't read anything but then that doesn't mean much.

Gun to head, who would you keep and who would you trade? For me, given that decision, I would be driving Petey to the airport and picking up the assets heading back the other way. 

They've given somewhat safe reflections to the media, but it's not hard to read between the lines, if this is the kind of stuff that they're putting out there publicly:

Pettersson quotes about Miller:

“He’s a skillful player but he’s, I don’t know if emotional is the right word. He wants to win so bad sometimes he maybe gets too hot-headed, if that’s the right word,” the Swedish superstar said. “He cares a lot and he just wants to win.”

[on their relationship] “It’s good, um, I mean we’ve had our differences maybe in some games, but he is a teammate that I respect and he’s someone I like to play hockey with,” Pettersson responded. “There’s a lot of speculation obviously but he’s a teammate I respect.”

Miller quotes on Pettersson:

“Petey and my relationship has come a long way,” said Miller in February. “We're still working at it. We're completely different people, you know what I mean? You're not going to be BFFs with everybody, but at the same time, you come to work together. We are polar opposite in a lot of ways, but we're working at it. We've come a long way.”

“We’re not very alike in the sense of personality and hobbies, so we’re not naturally going to gravitate towards each other,” said Miller. “But I think over time, we have become friends. Our relationship’s getting better.”

“It’s also a challenge for us because it’s like meeting somebody random on the street and just saying, ‘Hey, be friends with that guy that’s nothing like you,’” said Miller. “We’re not a lot alike but we’re both very competitive with our job and motivated to win, so there are still things to bring us together too.”

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yeah, I try not to miss a game either. Tomorrow, I've just got a cat visit and maybe a dog walk. Won't miss the game though. I'll just watch it on the phone while doing the dog walk if I have to. Cheers Deb

What is a cat visit?

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Putting Miller on the second line is stupid!  Better hope for plenty of power plays for us or this will be another loss......AND; Hoglander has worked with Miller 

before, successfully on many occasion. 

The miller line will get the most mins i'm sure. Just quick typing

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

NHL sure loves giving the Canucks these early morning b2b's. Guaranteed losses, will be happy if they get a point.

It's not the Canucks. The Eastern teams love their early afternoon games. Doesn't complete with everything else going on there. There are 8 teams dropping the puck right away.

Not guaranteed losses. Play hard, get the points. I'm predicting we win both.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yeah.  It seems weird to try finding a linemate for a “superstar” player.  Seems like EP is a great player but is not one that can elevate other players game (like Crosby or Gretzky).

Bure was the first Superstar that I remember and unfortunately I gauge everyone after him. No one has come close to that kind of player since.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Putting Miller on the second line is stupid!  Better hope for plenty of power plays for us or this will be another loss......AND; Hoglander has worked with Miller 

Change your perspective and think Miller Lindholm Boeser as the first line.

Hogz EP Suter doesn’t scream to me as first line.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

miller is the number 1 line since bo left... nothing has changed today

• Like 1

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

The miller line will get the most mins i'm sure. Just quick typing

Petey leads our clubs in minutes by a forward. He is likely to lead the club this game and most them. He’s our second best player (Hughes) 

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

They've given somewhat safe reflections to the media, but it's not hard to read between the lines, if this is the kind of stuff that they're putting out there publicly:

Pettersson quotes about Miller:

“He’s a skillful player but he’s, I don’t know if emotional is the right word. He wants to win so bad sometimes he maybe gets too hot-headed, if that’s the right word,” the Swedish superstar said. “He cares a lot and he just wants to win.”

[on their relationship] “It’s good, um, I mean we’ve had our differences maybe in some games, but he is a teammate that I respect and he’s someone I like to play hockey with,” Pettersson responded. “There’s a lot of speculation obviously but he’s a teammate I respect.”

Miller quotes on Pettersson:

“Petey and my relationship has come a long way,” said Miller in February. “We're still working at it. We're completely different people, you know what I mean? You're not going to be BFFs with everybody, but at the same time, you come to work together. We are polar opposite in a lot of ways, but we're working at it. We've come a long way.”

“We’re not very alike in the sense of personality and hobbies, so we’re not naturally going to gravitate towards each other,” said Miller. “But I think over time, we have become friends. Our relationship’s getting better.”

“It’s also a challenge for us because it’s like meeting somebody random on the street and just saying, ‘Hey, be friends with that guy that’s nothing like you,’” said Miller. “We’re not a lot alike but we’re both very competitive with our job and motivated to win, so there are still things to bring us together too.”

I don't think we SHOULD read between the lines....nothing here. But this fanbase always needs drama.

Petey's a single guy and image is everything. Miller's low key/not on SM much and a family man with kids. Just different personality types who are at different places in life.

Doesn't mean there's anything "there" beyond that.

"He cares, wants to win, a teammate I respect." Those things get lost at times in between those lines.

"Over time we have become friends"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Anyone got an emotional support dog I can rent? I'm visiting Peter this afternoon after his Mom visits. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hold it together.

Damn, that's rough my friend. Take some deep breaths before you go in and let it all out when you get back outside. We're here for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeteyBOI said:

miller is the number 1 line since bo left... nothing has changed today

Hotfat Wallet was never our top centre. Petey is and was that guy. Horfat is the third best centre on his current club and would be fourth with us. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lafferty hasn’t been with Petey for a long time. When he was with Petey he was scoring. Petey absolutely makes his linemates better. 

Kuz? Mik? Lindholm?

Hope pouty shows up today. The intro showing their back to back sh goals doesn't look very good on him if he wants to talk about Millers emotion. I'd rather a player show it then whatever Pouty was doing on those plays

Just now, Alflives said:

Hotfat Wallet was never our top centre. Petey is and was that guy. Horfat is the third best centre on his current club and would be fourth with us. 

horfat played alot of minutes back in the day... Miller was on Horfats line for a while