What are the Canucks missing?

I think we need a grizzled vet that's a forward that will keep the team (Miller, Petey) in check when we are feeling down or need some pointers. We already have Cole on defense for that but we need one on forward imo. Who fits that mould out there at the moment that won't cost us that much? I'm ok with Kessel but who else is there for us that's won it all?

Edited by mmkk

If we could add another Dakota Joshua/ Jordan Martinook type (physical guys who can go on heaters) for cheap I think we're set.  I hoped for a Kadri/ Sam Bennett type but we already have one in Miller, and Petey's also got some fire himself so as long as the depth holds up we should be as good to go as any.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mmkk said:

I think we need a grizzled vet that's a forward that will keep the team (Miller, Petey) in check when we are feeling down or need some pointers. We already have Cole on defense for that but we need one on forward imo. Who fits that mould out there at the moment that won't cost us that much? I'm ok with Kessel but who else is there for us that's won it all?

What are the Canucks missing?

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Depth and experience. That's it. 

Kessel's not it. He fits the grizzled vet category, but he's not a leader of men type. Sure. He'd add some veteran experience and some goal scoring, but he'd just be a piece to put up and down the four lines where he's needed.

What we really are missing is an Anze Kopitar or Sidney Crosby type centre. Yea I know, in our dreams. But you get the picture. Bring in either of these dudes and BAM! We're a lock for Lord Stanley.

That is all.

Cheers.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Depth and experience. That's it. 

Yep.   Nothing that costs the farm.   A winger upgrade that drops Aman or, a straight out 4C, and this guy hits, and plays whatever the enforcer role is  these days.   Like Puis Suter, can move up as needed and not kill you.    And maybe another NHL 6 defender that can slot in when needed.   

• Vintage 1

They aren’t missing chemistry and shouldn’t mess much with it. 
I wouldn’t do more than a depth 4th line right shot C and a depth D. 
Ideally we need essentially what we hope Podz can turn into in the top 6.

A defensively solid puck hound forechecker that can provide some offence.

I don’t think we can get one of those worth getting at the deadline at any reasonable cost given cap constraints but PA pulls off miracles on the regular. 
Adding Podz for playoffs may be part of plan as well. 

Edited by DrJockitch

Tanev would fit in real nice with this team for the playoffs and probably push us over the top. I know we could always use another middle-6 scoring winger but I'd rather we focus on defence and goaltending to get us through the playoffs. 

You see some team's top players and offence dry up in the playoffs over time but I think our forwards are a bit too good for that and our depth guys look like they'll perform well under the pressure of the playoffs, but we saw what happened against Boston just recently - they blew our PP up and exposed us for 4 goals.