Discussion Going out on a limb about Petey

31 minutes ago, Dude said:

Maybe the branch starts cracking right away but I think Petey will be moved after this season.For some reason,and again it's just how I'm reading him,I just don't feel his heart is in this market anymore.I get strange reads on his attitude during games.No try during some games.Lousy back checking.Lacksidasical shifts and get off.Who remembers when every shift he lead the rush.Head on a swivel to get ready for plays.He is less do his deaks and more do his ducks.It may come down more to him not wanting to leave but rather the brain trust deciding if he is worth the price he and his agent end up asking.He lacks the one thing the top guys on their respective teams get.Mackinnon or Mcdavid and Marchant.reguardless of how their team is playing they put their heads down and will the team to a win or at least try to drag them into the game.I seriously can not remember the last time Petey has done it .This is not recensey bias.This is watching every game for his whole time here.

If the team gets knocked out early in the playoffs and Petterson comes in asking

17 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Not sure if you finished the post but a lot of rambling on nonsense. 

MacKinnon, McDavid and Marchment (like every other player in the history of the NHL) goes through bad stretches and games. 

First season watching hockey? 

Marchant and Marchment?  What is happening here??!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

Not sure if you finished the post but a lot of rambling on nonsense. 

MacKinnon, McDavid and Marchment (like every other player in the history of the NHL) goes through bad stretches and games. 

First season watching hockey? 

I have been listening / watching  cancel hockey for 60 yrs and I have felt this way for last 2 months. His play/ perceived attitude seems worse since Lindholm trade. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone needs to stop overreacting to this. There wasn't any talk of this during either of our point streaks, and I can almost guarantee you he's sick and tired of people asking the same questions about his contract situation despite giving an answer multiple times. 

• Cheers 2

Well, there is no doubt Pettersson is talented......no doubt

But, he is not a driver, which is what I think the poster references, when he lists McDavid, MacKinnon, Marchand, etc

IMO, his production is done on pure talent......and he does not "will" anything

As for whether he wants to be here or not? Who knows? He does not make big statements to the press, and is rather quiet.

That does not mean he doesn't want to be here.............just saying

11 hours ago, Dude said:

Maybe the branch starts cracking right away but I think Petey will be moved after this season.For some reason,and again it's just how I'm reading him,I just don't feel his heart is in this market anymore.I get strange reads on his attitude during games.No try during some games.Lousy back checking.Lacksidasical shifts and get off.Who remembers when every shift he lead the rush.Head on a swivel to get ready for plays.He is less do his deaks and more do his ducks.It may come down more to him not wanting to leave but rather the brain trust deciding if he is worth the price he and his agent end up asking.He lacks the one thing the top guys on their respective teams get.Mackinnon or Mcdavid and Marchant.reguardless of how their team is playing they put their heads down and will the team to a win or at least try to drag them into the game.I seriously can not remember the last time Petey has done it .This is not recensey bias.This is watching every game for his whole time here.

If the team gets knocked out early in the playoffs and Petterson comes in asking

Someone needs to start a poll. 

And speaking about Pettersson... not only is he tied for 5th in NHL scoring, he is now top 10 in goal scoring with 28.

And no, he doesn't get most of his goals on the PP...  18 even strength.

This even strength scoring comes even though he has been the set up guy on his line throughout the season... with the likes of Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Lafferty, Suter, etc. as wingers... none of them notable for being assist Kings... the only exception is the few games the Lotto line was together and he had Miller to help out.

• Cheers 1

if Ep's heart is not in this market.. there's no one to blame but fans like you who's constantly bitching and whining about everything he does or doesn't do.. a guy that doesn't care or try leads the forward in block shots all the time right? because he doesn't care he will put his body on the line to risk injury that'll affect him? he's not a driver?? he doesn't will his way to producing like a mcdavid or mackinnon? i dunno maybe because his frame type doesn't allow him to be like a mcdavid or mackinnon?? he's a tall lean framed player that's simply not going to out muscle the big bulky guy or have the explosive speed that can blow past ppl and have to rely on his pure skill?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I played hockey with a guy from the ECHL.  Guy could have been in the NHL but he had an attitude problem. I think he paid his pennance in the lower leagues and overseas.

One thing he said that stuck out to me.  It was his job to teach the young guys how to make it through a season.  You can't go over 100% all the time, that's how you get injured.  

I feel there is some truth to that.  I'm sure there are some outlyers that bring it all the time.

The person who I am worried about for the last 6-8 games is JT Miller.  He has flubbed so many passes, miss fired on so many shots and stick handled himself away from the puck.