Discussion Going out on a limb about Petey

On 2/11/2024 at 2:56 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine being 6th overall in league scoring, and your fans want you to be traded because you aren’t putting in the effort.

Fuck me, it’s almost like this fanbase doesn’t deserve any superstars or Stanley Cups…

Crikey, I can't think of people who don't want EP on the team.  Of course anyone with a Canucks cell in their body do.  People are just nervous when their star player doesn't show commitment to staying here......I mean, most players who want to leave at least lie about it.  Also, the number he's reported to turn down is very concerning.  Now, if he would sign a contract at a LOWER than the reported $12M/yr contract with thoughts of having a competitive team (and still play to his potential), he'll be celebrated like a Sedin.  

7 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Crikey, I can't think of people who don't want EP on the team.  Of course anyone with a Canucks cell in their body do.  People are just nervous when their star player doesn't show commitment to staying here......I mean, most players who want to leave at least lie about it.  Also, the number he's reported to turn down is very concerning.  Now, if he would sign a contract at a LOWER than the reported $12M/yr contract with thoughts of having a competitive team (and still play to his potential), he'll be celebrated like a Sedin.  

Look how many people wanted Miller gone, and how aggressive they were with anyone that disagreed. Peeps get passionate about it, particularly when they think a shot at the cup is somehow in play.

Miller is the heart of the f group, just like Quinn is for the d. Petey creates points, and last time I checked you still need those to win.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Media is circling it, that 12mn x 8 year leak. I don't think Pettey loves tocchet but i think he wants to see how the playoffs go.

I'm of the opinion that you wait until the offseason unless you get offered similar value now like Jack Hughes (don't see the devils doing it), Bedard (don't see it) or crosby + more (don't see the pens doing it). Anything else is going to be extra pieces that won't be able to do as much as him. 

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Media is circling it, that 12mn x 8 year leak. I don't think Pettey loves tocchet but i think he wants to see how the playoffs go.

I'm of the opinion that you wait until 

Edit : posting in the real Petey thread 

Edited by Blue

I don't understand why he would want out. The team is generally on fire in a good way finally, apparently there is a solid offer on the table. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who avoids admiration from fans everywhere - though perhaps he's not super keen on acting like everyone's friend either. (Point being - not everyone is keen playing in a Canadian market).

I think Petey is great - I really do. I feel he will finish developing into a top 5 player in this league. Happy to have him on this team.

But if he's whining and overestimating how grass would be greener elsewhere, then let him go. We need guys who are going to go all-in, put themselves on the line and fight to bring Vancouver a cup. (Miller, anyone?) If he isn't it, then he isn't it. Get us something amazing in return please.

• Like 2

My opinion is that EP40 is not worth his present salary. If he is worth more  presently l don't see it. 

I see him as a risk with no reward given his present play

Can't handle the heat, can't stay on his feet. Not worth more that our highest producer. One good season does not give star status.

We are very fortunate to have high end players who are not paid elite money.

EP40 is not elite.