[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

I realize I may be dreaming, however I would like to see the league provide some level of transparency around the quality of officiating. A basic report card on how well each official has performed based on NHL standards during the season. The players are essentially graded, why not the other individuals who impact the game?

The Boston loss was no big deal to me, a stinker after a long point streak. This game has me concerned though. To rack up another loss after the Boston drubbing, against a team we SHOULD beat most nights is not a good sign! Especially to lose by blowing a 2 goal lead. Hopefully they can right the ship but for the first time this season I'm a bit worried!

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was supposed to be a response game to last gane. This is the issue. This is the best they could do after being spanked?

That's the problem I have with this loss.  Expected a dominating 100% effort after being blanked last game.  Boston got embarrassed by Calgary then bounced back to blank the #1 team in the NHL.  The mental game needs some work.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I remember when we were fighting for the last spot to the playoffs and it goes to show that every point and win counts. 

I never see these posts close to the end of the season lol

I just hope the Canucks had fun...

The Office Reaction GIF

100% every point counts. At least we got 1 point out of it. We weren't at our best and took too many penalties.

The team needs some adversity to learn and better now than at the end of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Reffing was bad, but Canucks need to lock it down. Can't be giving up the lead like that.

When they watch the game tape that tip in goal would be a good example.  Hoagie wasnt exactly slow but that extra couple seconds he gave the DET player to tip the puck in will be a good reminder.  Granted that was like a picture perfect tip.

Tough though.  I liked a lot of the Canucks compete that game.  You could tell it was personal.  

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

The Boston loss was no big deal to me, a stinker after a long point streak. This game has me concerned though. To rack up another loss after the Boston drubbing, against a team we SHOULD beat most nights is not a good sign! Especially to lose by blowing a 2 goal lead. Hopefully they can right the ship but for the first time this season I'm a bit worried!

Well we are supposed to be locking things down defensively at this time of year. We are going backwards. It’s very strange right now. Maybe they need to calm a team meeting. Battle level doesn’t appear to be there right now.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Lindholm seems kind of average…not sure if he was worth the assets we moved. Has not been very noticeable. Hopefully he warms up soon

Disagree.

He’s been winning faceoffs and been a great add to our pk.

The offense will come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

Detroit has been playing great hockey lately though ... their best of the year. I think they are now 10-2-2. They are pretty scary fast on the attack!

Good hockey game but I think this team needs to realize the level of the entire league has bumped up a notch. This is the home stretch, it's almost like playoff hockey. Especially a team like Detroit barely holding onto the second wildcard in the East.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Is Zadorov becoming a liability?

Naw. Not for me yet.  That penalty was a bit of a collision. I don't see Z going out of his way, losing his temper, to cost us penalties.  He's a big tough Ruskie who'll be invaluable once playoff rules apply.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Lindholm seems kind of average…not sure if he was worth the assets we moved. Has not been very noticeable. Hopefully he warms up soon

I like the idea of him playing w JT/BB.  They all play a very similar style of game.  Once EL starts to get some of the tendencies down itll be good (i hope)