[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, kilgore said:

Naw. Not for me yet.  That penalty was a bit of a collision. I don't see Z going out of his way, losing his temper, to cost us penalties.  He's a big tough Ruskie who'll be invaluable once playoff rules apply.

Getting bounced in 4 in the first round. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I see the Petey whiners have shutup at least.

Game not exactly a shining example of Refereeing... how is Hughes catching up to the breakaway and pushing Walman down a penalty?

Otherwise a decent effort by the team...  Detroit is a good team... they will be in the top 25% of the league for a while.

On to the next game.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I could easily see us being 1-2-1 after tomorrows game. The excuse of we played yesterday and it’s an early game will likely reel it’s ugly head.

Well it will be a pretty even game. Capitals are playing the Bruins right now. So both teams will play on a back to back.

Saw this risky play from Zadorov in Calgary, again he is far from the perfect physical defenceman we need but he's relatively cheap and fills a role for us. Sad to see, when we sold our players and lost Tanev, Toffoli and Markstrom to Calgary they were in their prime and helped Calgary win. Now on the flip side we take Zadorov and Lindholm...so far these trades aren't looking as good as they should.

To be fair to them they're both on low caps at the moment and are playing to their cap, but we paid a heck of a lot for the duo.

Special shout out to how good our PP looked zipping it around but how we didn't score, we're going to really have to work on having a new style out there. Lindholm looked great as a net front presence in the Carolina game but we don't see the Miller walk in shot/pass or Petey one timer much anymore - they didn't even really try those plays tonight. They were all sort of rotating around, looked a bit different. Still very fluid, but different and not really many set plays or opportunities. Our best chances came from Hughes just wristing it on net and hoping for a tip or rebound.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Disagree.

He’s been winning faceoffs and been a great add to our pk.

The offense will come.

I don't have a problem if the team flatlines for a few games. It will make them review their game and then rebuild towards playoffs. 

What I particularly noticed in both the Canes and Bruins games were how aggressively they forechecked the Canucks. In both the ozone and dzone and on the Canuck PP. Are NHL teams now thinking better to get up and close than allowing the boys to zip the puck around? 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I see the Petey whiners have shutup at least.

Game not exactly a shining example of Refereeing... how is Hughes catching up to the breakaway and pushing Walman down a penalty?

Otherwise a decent effort by the team...  Detroit is a good team... they will be in the top 25% of the league for a while.

On to the next game.

Thought the same.  Less of a crosscheck, more of a shove from behind.  Isn't that allowed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Special shout out to how good our PP looked zipping it around but how we didn't score, we're going to really have to work on having a new style out there. Lindholm looked great as a net front presence in the Carolina game but we don't see the Miller walk in shot/pass or Petey one timer much anymore - they didn't even really try those plays tonight. They were all sort of rotating around, looked a bit different. Still very fluid, but different and not really many set plays or opportunities. Our best chances came from Hughes just wristing it on net and hoping for a tip or rebound.

Special shout out to the PP today for not letting in a short handed goal. I think the problem with the PP is too much fancy passing around and not enough shooting and crashing the net.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I don't care if they win it or not, what I really want to see if we can win a round first 

Think this core already proved they can win a round already.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

PP was better.  Didn't give up a SHG 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not sure why Petey continues to play that spot on the powerplay.

You’re wasting his shot there when he does actually decide to shoot. If it’s not a perfect one time pass he never tries and the pkers all see it coming.

• Cheers 2