[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well they aren’t thriving under intensity right now so. I am not sure how he thinks they thrive under intensity. 

Well maybe Rookie Kurt Angle level intensity 

Kurt Angle Sport GIF by WWE

Canucks played a decent road game, played well positionally, but lacked speed and aggression and seemed kind of tired.  I did like the team toughness they displayed.  

Lindholm is a good cerebral player, but 53 was better than 23 tonight and that says something.  They were good on the pk together.  So far it seems like we can't find the right spot for Lindholm.  He has some size and doesn't get pushed around and is smart with the puck, but I'm hoping he is a faster player than he displayed today.  

Canucks need a little more heart and soul speed and recklessness in the lineup.   That said, nothing moves faster than the puck. 

I liked Juulson again in this game.  DiGuiseppe played well also, but isn't a gamechanger.   Canucks may already have the player in their system to add some juice to the lineup.  

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

image.png.cd55635363a0b15cfd75ee751a2d50e3.png

Caps came to play, Bruins laying an egg again, at least it has been that way so far. 

Which means they will demolish the Canucks next game ?

By the way some people call me an optimist 😚

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well, Washington tomorrow and they have lost six strait. Have a good night's sleep, come out tomorrow and pulverize them, right? 😼

Ya this could be an ugly loss if we decide to take a night off or play the we are tired card. I just want to see at least a 45 minute effort on all aspects of their game.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Meanwhile…

Boston getting outshot 21-6 end of 2nd period today.

It’s weird…it’s like good teams lose from time to time.

Canucks aren’t immune to all of this. Some fans expect perfection every damn night. These are human beings, not robots.

My hope is we take advantage of a tired Capitals team tomorrow. Because they are absolutely playing their guts out today against Boston.

It will take time for Lindholm to find his groove with our team. And likewise everyone else with him.

Glad management pulled the trade now instead of at TDL. Gives them all time to mesh and make a strong push towards the end.

This team has come around with every bit of adversity this year, dug deep, and found ways to win. This time is no different.

So tired of chicken little sky is falling fans. Go play xbox and live in la la land.

Another post where I wish we had the 'there it is' emoji.

Well said.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

4 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Meanwhile…

Canucks aren’t immune to all of this. Some fans expect perfection every damn night. These are human beings, not robots.

My hope is we take advantage of a tired Capitals team tomorrow. Because they are absolutely playing their guys out today against Boston.

It will take time for Lindholm to find his groove with our team. And likewise everyone else with him.

Glad management pulled the trade now instead of at TDL. Gives them all time to mesh and make a strong push towards the end.

This team has come around with every bit of adversity this year, dug deep, and found ways to win. This time is no different.

So tired of chicken little sky is falling fans. Go play xbox and live in la la land.

It’s not the sky is falling. It’s the wanting to see a response after a brutal loss in Boston. They came out like poop again when we all wanted them to take it to Detroit. That’s all I wanted. The desperation and hunger. I didn’t see it at the beginning and it should have been there. Play with pride. That’s all. They can erase all these feelings with an amazing effort tomorrow. Just look hungry.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not the sky is falling. It’s the wanting to see a response after a brutal loss in Boston. They came out like poop again when we all wanted them to take it to Detroit. That’s all I wanted. The desperation and hunger. I didn’t see it at the beginning and it should have been there. Play with pride. That’s all. They can erase all these feelings with an amazing effort tomorrow. 

Yes ...

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Meanwhile…

My hope is we take advantage of a tired Capitals team tomorrow. Because they are absolutely playing their guts out today against Boston.

Using Boston as an example might not be the best thing considering the game hasn't concluded yet 

23 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well they aren’t thriving under intensity right now so. I am not sure how he thinks they thrive under intensity. 

12-7-4 against the top 16 teams but I'm sure that goes against the agenda you're trying to push. 

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Fatigue, just came off the all star break. Lol. If it we the 19th or 20th, I'd buy into fatigue. You can't/shouldn't be tired after having 9 days off. Tomorrow I may give you the tired excuse. But even then, come on. Fatigue wasn't the issue. They just played like shit.

Who had 9 days off?

Our top players and coach had to fly to Toronto?

I’m also not talking about physical fatigue I’m talking about mental fatigue. You’re not appreciating how hard this team has pushed all season. They’re gonna have times where it’s just hard to get up for games.

That was Detroits A game and it still took a lot of help from the refs. When this team brings it’s A game they’re very hard to beat.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well said.

I feel like too many posters on here forget to take a step back and look at the big picture.

If anyone told Canucks fans they’d be first in the league almost halfway through February they would lose their minds. Now all of a sudden they have a couple bad games and things change?

Stop living and dying with every win or loss. Enjoy the journey and the process! 

Post of the day! Amen to this! Well done, DeNiro.

Glad someone posted another grounded perspective to keep it real. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

12-7-4 against the top 16 teams but I'm sure that goes against the agenda you're trying to push. 

Last three games is what I was referring to. No agenda. This last half is going to tell us way more about this club than the first half. 

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No but he drives play. Petey hasn’t driven play much this year. He has points but I don’t recall too many games where you could say he dominated.

Did you watch the game?  EP40 easily the best fwd in this game.  On the goal he scores, he takes the puck from two players in the offensive zone gets it down the boards to Hoglander, goes to the front of the net, scores.   Talk about being "hard on pucks".   EP 40 has it all, hockey IQ, defensive zone coverage, work ethic, takeaways, toughness and an amazing finishing touch.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Using Boston as an example might not be the best thing considering the game hasn't concluded yet 

I think it still applies. 

They haven’t showed up for 2 periods 

If they win it in the 3rd it would be no different then us here complaining about pulling a win out of our asses in the 3rd period like we did before the all star break.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Last three games is what I was referring to. No agenda. This last half is going to tell us way more about this club than the first half. 

Like the last 1/3 of the season to end the year last year?    Canucks are busy perfecting their game while teams are gunning for them.   The Canucks are gonna win the Pacific this year.  

1 minute ago, Future Considerations said:

Did you watch the game?  EP40 easily the best fwd in this game.  On the goal he scores, he takes the puck from two players in the offensive zone gets it down the boards to Hoglander, goes to the front of the net, scores.   Talk about being "hard on pucks".   EP 40 has it all, hockey IQ, defensive zone coverage, work ethic, takeaways, toughness and an amazing finishing touch.  

Well that’s your opinion. He’s is amazing but he still lacks certain things. It’s ok you can love him as much as you want. I love his game when it’s on but I wouldn’t say he was all world dominating out there like some players can. 

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So points in 2/3 so far. Got it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Future Considerations said:

Like the last 1/3 of the season to end the year last year?    Canucks are busy perfecting their game while teams are gunning for them.   The Canucks are gonna win the Pacific this year.  

Yikes if this is them perfecting their game. More like a regression than steps forward. Doesn’t mean they can’t turn things around. Likely they do

but lets call a spade a spade. The last few games have been not that great. Here’s hoping they turn it around tomorrow and get a convincing win.

Game #52.  Still 30 left. 

74 pts. 34-12-6

Lot of big games coming up.  Manage your losses. 

Caps are in Boston now and will play tomorrow.  So both teams are back to back with travels.  

• Cheers 3