[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

22 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Pastrnak:  is he worth 11.25 million?

I don't think any player should be getting more than $10M but large contracts are getting handed out by GM's, owners are paying and players are inking the contracts - so what I think doesn't matter.

Petey is 25, JT is 30. On the balance of probabilities Petey is more likely to have more elite years than Miller thus Miller's contract most likely factored that in. Say for argument sake Petery plays at around 100 pts a year until he is 31 and JT does that for a couple more years before starting the regression - which everyone not named Ovechkin or perhaps Lemiuex (had his back not given out when he was 30 or so) gets hit by well before they turn 35. 

Given the above, could I argue Petey is not worth more than $8M, of course not. However, I am happy that I don't have to make those decision, just cheer on the Canucks. PA / JR are being paid to ideally pay market value for the right mix of players to get us the Cup and hopefully not overpay along the way or execute too many Benning type contracts. 

Go Canucks Go

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

Penalty shot calls should be 100% challengeable by the way.

if the refs got more time to think and look at it rather than react they would have made that a two minute minor at worst.

Edited by DeNiro

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Please. Up 3-1, you’re supposed to be a contender. It’s an average team you just faced. I don’t want to hear about refs.

Yeah, in your eyes they need to win every game / get a shut out every game…and that prob isn’t even good enough!

• chaos 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yikes if this is them perfecting their game. More like a regression than steps forward. Doesn’t mean they can’t turn things around. Likely they do

but lets call a spade a spade. The last few games have been not that great. Here’s hoping they turn it around tomorrow and get a convincing win.

You mentioned the last half (last third really) of the season is going to show what kind of team we have discounting what the Canucks did the last 1/3 of the season last year.  This team is far better than they were last season.  There's a lot of variables in a game, it's not going to be a cake walk.  They've proven this season they are a winning hockey team.  Now they get to perfect their game.  Find out what they need.  I think they need another aggressive speedy forward.       

18 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well that’s your opinion. He’s is amazing but he still lacks certain things. It’s ok you can love him as much as you want. I love his game when it’s on but I wouldn’t say he was all world dominating out there like some players can. 

Yeah, he's amazing.  Yeah, I love this player on the Canucks.   Who are these "some players" that play a better game at fwd than Petey?    

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I find it funny they are using the word learning lesson. How old is this team? It makes it sound like we are so young. We aren’t that young. Learning lesson idea is starting to get old. The lesson should be easy to learn. If you don’t play a full 60, you aren’t likely to win many games. Lesson - you work  hard and play close to a full 60, you are likely to win.

You're here every game but statements like this make it seem like you don't understand much about the game. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Vancouver’s Nikita Zadorov will have a hearing this evening for an illegal check to the head on Detroit’s Lucas Raymond.

That means (most likely) a phone call and not the dreaded in person - unless I am mistaken. I hope it is "in game punishment" was sufficient - especially with the other dude coming back to play the same period.

Edited by Rocket-68

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Detroit has been playing great hockey lately though ... their best of the year. I think they are now 10-2-2. They are pretty scary fast on the attack!

Good hockey game but I think this team needs to realize the level of the entire league has bumped up a notch. This is the home stretch, it's almost like playoff hockey. Especially a team like Detroit barely holding onto the second wildcard in the East.

Agree... teams will be up for games against Canucks from now on in...

Although the penalty shot given was definitely not a play offs hockey call.... 🙂

• Cheers 2