[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our entire 3rd line has ZERO points in the last 6 games. Boeser has only scored in one out of the last 10 games. 

But somehow it is all Petey’s fault. How can an entire line have ZERO points in 6 games and people can claim it is playing well?  

Its funny how you mention the last 6 games because they all had points in the 3 games prior. That and they are not in the top six , they are the THIRD LINE! :classic_laugh: Quit your crying already.

• Cheers 1

We probably needed to get a little humbled, The team needs to realize that this part of the season is going to be the hardest. You can't just coast in to the p/o.

The good news is that Boston lost and we're tops in the league...still.

Edited by Canuck You
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, farinush said:

I am in no way advocating for head hunting or wishing harm on anybody. But younger players are skating through the neutral ice with their heads down without impunity. We’ve seen it with Bedard, Raymond, Slafkovsky, J. Hughes and plenty of other young guys. The skill and stick handling is marvellous to watch, but you just can’t put your head down and expect no contact.

who knows, I’m probably way off base here but that’s just how I feel. 

You hit the nail on the head. Here's a video to help illustrate your point.

https://youtu.be/R0KBzR6R9ic?si=KlYhH2963f2VhB05

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On a lighter note, Ovenchicken just broke Greztky's empty net goals record with the 57th of his career in today's game ... good for Ovi!

image.thumb.png.b4c7cc1ec433db5fdb0cb9cedc3b64ae.png

Except today's I would guess:

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, farinush said:

I am in no way advocating for head hunting or wishing harm on anybody. But younger players are skating through the neutral ice with their heads down without impunity. We’ve seen it with Bedard, Raymond, Slafkovsky, J. Hughes and plenty of other young guys. The skill and stick handling is marvellous to watch, but you just can’t put your head down and expect no contact.

who knows, I’m probably way off base here but that’s just how I feel. 

Yeah at what point does it become incumbent on the player to watch out at least a little for his own safety? Same as when people run in winter with tread-less sneakers on ice and then blame everyone when they fall? Just great now we'll be without another D man tomorrow, i can see the league is trying to conspire against us again!😠

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He'll get more then one game. There have been situations where a player is simply talked to'

but I fear this will be more. Could be as much as five to ten games. 

Relax. Zero chance this is more than one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Because he pushed off and didn't extend and then make contact. He was right up against him and pushed his back. That's not a crosscheck. Force, distance and severity matter. There's literally hundreds of those shoves in a single game. Not one of them was called tonight. 

I don't know. You didn't write the rule book. I saw it the way the refs did, and they called it.

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He'll get more then one game. There have been situations where a player is simply talked to'

but I fear this will be more. Could be as much as five to ten games. 

We already lost Zadorov for over half that Wings game, and Raymond came back and soon as his concussion protocol ended… but we do know how the NHL loves to make examples of Canucks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

On a lighter note, Ovenchicken just broke Greztky's empty net goals record with the 57th of his career in today's game ... good for Ovi!

image.thumb.png.b4c7cc1ec433db5fdb0cb9cedc3b64ae.png

Good. No records vs Nux tomorrow. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They normally take a player's history into consideration. Just have to wait and find out. I didn't think it was that bad. 

I stated earlier to take the over / under for the suspension at 1 game ... however, will revise my prediction to at most a fine and Big Zeke is lacing them up tomorrow in Washington rather than having Mark Friedman fill in for him ... we shall see of course.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Its funny how you mention the last 6 games because they all had points in the 3 games prior. That and they are not in the top six , they are the THIRD LINE! :classic_laugh: Quit your crying already.

Garland gets paid $5 million per year. That’s more than Lindholm. But your expectation is that he only needs to score every few games?  He can’t play in the top 6 because he’s a puck hog. 

We can easily replace Garland with Höglander at 1/4 the cost. Höglander has double the goals that Garland does playing 12 minutes on the 4th line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm not ignoring anything.

We're the best in the league deep into the season.

We havent lost in regulation when leading going into the 3rd. This is a huge positive stat.

We laid an egg vs Boston. No team wins them all.

We were the better team today but got some bad luck and worse officiating.

Almost all your posts are negative. Very Debbie Downer. 

I hope you can enjoy some of the Nucks hockey this year. Something special is happening. 

Something "special" is happening, alright! 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I really question the physics on this…like did they think that ramp would 1: hold the vehicles weight? 2: provide enough elevation to launch the vehicle into the pool?…people can’t be that dumb…

You sound jealous. I think you wish you were dumb enough to try this. 

14 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Is that McDiver or Alf driving? 😆

I dunno, probably @Tre Mac imo

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I hope the new guy we traded for joins the team tomorrow.

He scored 2 power play goals in his first game, but to be honest he has been mediocre to lacklustre 5v5 so far 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

You hit the nail on the head. Here's a video to help illustrate your point.

https://youtu.be/R0KBzR6R9ic?si=KlYhH2963f2VhB05

Thanks for sharing the video. I brought this up in a Reddit thread but you can see the difference between Quinn and Jack. Quinn is a small guy but he knows what areas are dangerous and he knows how to absorb a hit without taking too much damage. Jack, on the other hand, routinely skates into dangerous areas trying to dance deke around. You just can’t do that in this league. 

I guess the Dillon suspension rubbed me the wrong way. Acciari skated into him almost at a perfect 90° angle while Dillon stood up to him standing straight up with his shoulder and elbow tucked. Same with the Trouba hit on Meier in the playoffs. I dislike Trouba as much as anybody and he probably could’ve let up, but Meier can’t skate into the O zone with his head down. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland gets paid $5 million per year. That’s more than Lindholm. But your expectation is that he only needs to score every few games?  He can’t play in the top 6 because he’s a puck hog. 

We can easily replace Garland with Höglander at 1/4 the cost. Höglander has double the goals that Garland does playing 12 minutes on the 4th line. 

A couple of things here, 1) Hockey involves a lot more then just scoring. 2) Chemistry, how many lines do you know have chemistry like their line has?

Hoglander is just finding his game and he will be paid accordingly when the time comes.

Relax you can stop defending yourself you are a pretty good hockey player too. :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1