[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Because he pushed off and didn't extend and then make contact. He was right up against him and pushed his back. That's not a crosscheck. Force, distance and severity matter. There's literally hundreds of those shoves in a single game. Not one of them was called tonight. 

You don't understand the finer points of reffing then. It's not a comparison to other points in the game.

10 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Just an FYI

Probably been mentioned already, but the sky is not falling

Boston just got shut out by Washington...

Nucks are fine 

Who is acting like the sky is falling? We have three games to go off of since the break and games are only going to get tougher. The three games have seen a lot of bad habits creep into our game. Hopefully we see a change in the next three and we see them get back to their staples. We do need more from Hughes, Miller, Boeser, and Lindholm. The sky isn’t falling but we need to see improvement.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Oh well... got a point.

Great game by Juulsen.

Joshua and Hogs also good....

Petey 3 points.... are we still trading him?

The trade is off. But who had a rough game ? The trade is on for them. Thats how this fanbase works 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

We probably needed to get a little humbled, The team needs to realize that this part of the season is going to be the hardest. You can't just coast in to the p/o.

The good news is that Boston lost and we're tops in the league...still.

Who are we to think we’ve done anything ? -Tocchet

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

You. 

Ya. I guess I should say they played amazing and make you happy but I won’t because I don’t care. The reality is that we are missing two top wingers and another top right handed dman and we don’t have the assets to acquire them which leaves three big holes in our lineup to go deep into the playoffs without. We can’t sell anymore of our prospects because the cupboard is already bare. Not sky is falling more like everyone sees the holes and are unsure how they will or can fix them in the little amount of time they have left before the deadline. 

46 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Zads shouldn't get more than a game.

Hit didn't look too bad. It was weird, awkward contact. 

Raymond came back, no injury

Glad Lucas came back - not really sure what Big Z was attempting - a hip or body check - it looks even worse cuz the guy is 6-6 and his shoulder is usually at someone's head. - reminds me of Tryamakin when he injured another player years ago with his size and mass alone..  On another note, would not mind seeing Big Z as a test fourth line forward in a game down the road.

With tonight's game, not terribly upset about the result (I would have been okay with the OT point before the game given how the Wings playing pretty well recently). - the disappointing part was coughing up the 2 goal lead though - not too much time to think about this game though with the Caps tomorrow.  Once they come back to Vancouver - they will definitely need to assess the issues encountered on this trip with multiple SHGs - giving up leads - PK.  As we said in early September, the regular season is a long process  - see what works and also correct or change the stuff that doesn't

If they can get through this month, they have a very long home stand starting March 9th - giving them additional time to work on a few things.

Just Win.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yes top teams have bad games like Boston against the Flames, but they bounce back and get back to their winning ways quickly.  The mediocre effort and loss after leading 3-1 after 2 in this bounce back game is concerning.  

Boston also lost 3-0 to Washington today. Many of the top teams like Winnipeg, Rangers, and Colorado have been having a bumpy section lately.

We've been very spoiled with our record to date by winning 26 games when leading in the 3rd, but you can see teams are starting to play harder now after the break. Teams will continue to play harder as the season goes on, because some will be on the bubble and so on. The Canucks are now a marked team that teams will play their hardest against, which is something that has been building all season. The team has to realize that the road is going to get much bumpier until game 82, because teams see them as a top team and want to humble them, and they're all fighting for playoff spots. Put pressure against pressure will continue to test the Canucks to rely on their system despite games getting faster and harder to play.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya. I guess I should say they played amazing and make you happy but I won’t because I don’t care. The reality is that we are missing two top wingers and another top right handed dman and we don’t have the assets to acquire them which leaves three big holes in our lineup to go deep into the playoffs without. We can’t sell anymore of our prospects because the cupboard is already bare. Not sky is falling more like everyone sees the holes and are unsure how they will or can fix them in the little amount of time they have left before the deadline. 

meter-bullshit.gif

1) Because cupboard is already bare: I seem to recall we have 3 "untouchables" as prospects (D-Petey, Free Willy and Leki and a smattering of prospects teams would love to include in any trade for rentals or roster players that won't sign with the current team (i.e., Guentz) - Silvos, Raty, Podz, Bains and Klim (I am sure I have left off a few) ... yup cupboards be bare alright, PA / JR aren't going to spend them is the situation here. 

2) we are missing two top wingers and another top right handed dman: name 1 team that has a full compliment of a top 6 that is, well, tops in the league in every category and while you are at it, name 1 playoff team GM in the NHL that says "nah, my top six is fine. No, I will not trade my 2nd round pick for Crosby thank you very much." There isn't a team in the NHL that won't be trying to upgrade their team as they best see fit including the Canucks.

3) but I won’t because I don’t care. Exactly, why are you even here other than to set the record for the most negative comments in a row one could post and get a rise out of posters on this forum. Perhaps you can send in your resume to Aquaman for the the PHO and GM position pointing out your extensive experience in building a winning Stanley Cup franchise.

I could go on but I already have 1 demerit point on a post regarding a certain "bag of treats" so will stop. However, please continue as your posts do amuse and I will learn to take them for what they are "mainly jokes and targeted to cause a reaction" ... the latter I won't sink to reacting on again. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Another top RH D man. Then we will finally go at an 82/0 pace and never lose another game. Yeehaw.

You literally do not even understand the minutia of a hockey game. And how and why they are won and lost. 

This has nothing to do about making anyone happy. Its about having a grasp on reality. Get some. 

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

meter-bullshit.gif

1) Because cupboard is already bare: I seem to recall we have 3 "untouchables" as prospects (D-Petey, Free Willy and Leki and a smattering of prospects teams would love to include in any trade for rentals or roster players that won't sign with the current team (i.e., Guentz) - Silvos, Raty, Podz, Bains and Klim (I am sure I have left off a few) ... yup cupboards be bare alright, PA / JR aren't going to spend them is the situation here. 

2) we are missing two top wingers and another top right handed dman: name 1 team that has a full compliment of a top 6 that is, well, tops in the league in every category and while you are at it, name 1 GM in the NHL that says "nah, my top six is fine. No, I will not trade my 2nd round pick for Crosby thank you very much." There isn't a team in the NHL that won't be trying to upgrade their team as they best see fit including the Canucks.

3) but I won’t because I don’t care. Exactly, why are you even here other than to set the record for the most negative comments in a row one could post and get a rise out of posters on this forum. Perhaps you can send in your resume to Aquaman for the the PHO and GM position pointing out your extensive experience in building a winning Stanley Cup franchise.

I could go on but I already have 1 demerit point on a post regarding a certain "bag of treats" so will stop. However, please continue as your posts do amuse and I will learn to take them for what they are "mainly jokes and targeted to cause a reaction" ... the latter I won't sink to reacting on again. 

Good. I will do the same with your posts like this one. Laughable. You can’t trade any of the prospects we have because it still is so bare. I am sorry but that’s just reality. They potentially may not do as wel as this year and then you are stuck without TOP prospects. We have four top prospects in Willander, Lekkermaki and to a lesser extent Silovs, and Pettersson. Anyone remember the Benning era. We can’t sell the farm to win now. That’s laughable.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Another top RH D man. Then we will finally go at an 82/0 pace and never lose another game. Yeehaw.

You literally do not even understand the minutia of a hockey game. And how and why they are won and lost. 

This has nothing to do about making anyone happy. Its about having a grasp on reality. 

Oh I understand but I don’t really care that you think I don’t understand because your opinion is just an opinion of someone who thinks they know way more about hockey than anyone else and feels somewhat important on here. Get off your high horse. I could easily say by your comments you have no idea what you’re talking about but I don’t know you or your experiences on a personal level so I won’t stoop to your level of thinking you are of a great hockey mind and know more than everyone else. That’s just rude to act like that. It just a way of trying to get people to stop posting. Well it isn’t working so you can stop.

Blue:

im a big deal GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

oh I understand but I don’t really care that you think I don’t understand because your opinion is just an opinion of someone who thinks they know way more about hockey than anyone else and feels somewhat important on here. Get off your high horse. I could easily say by your comments you have no idea what you’re talking about but I don’t know you or your experiences on a personal level so I won’t stoop to your level of thinking you are of a great hockey mind and know more than anyone else. That’s just rude to act like that.

OMG! I am breaking my own rule, just this once, and worth another naughty boy point if the hockey gods so deem .... allow me to translate into plain English

tenor.gif?itemid=6111351

OK, done responding to this most precious of all members of CFF. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1