[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

OMG! I am breaking my own rule, just this once, and worth another naughty boy point if the hockey gods so deem .... allow me to translate into plain English

tenor.gif?itemid=6111351

OK, done responding to this most precious of all members of CFF. 

Your translating that your posts are: 

Animated GIF

So sorry to hear that. They might get better. I am

sure. 

In all seriousness, let’s  just be friendly and civil to eachother. We don’t have to agree but can we stop with the you are not a true fan, you don’t know hockey, Calgaryfan blah..blah..blah comments already? Who is anyone on here to think their opinions mean more than anyone else's. We are all equal and we don’t know eachother. At least be kind. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

oh I understand but I don’t really care that you think I don’t understand because your opinion is just an opinion of someone who thinks they know way more about hockey than anyone else and feels somewhat important on here. Get off your high horse. I could easily say by your comments you have no idea what you’re talking about but I don’t know you or your experiences on a personal level so I won’t stoop to your level of thinking you are of a great hockey mind and know more than anyone else. That’s just rude to act like that.

You do not have to be an expert to understand the law of averages in a hockey game.

Your antics and Doms antics about a team leading the league in points , simply show that you don't understand it. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

You do not have to be an expert to understand the law of averages in a hockey game.

Your antics and Doms antics about a team leading the league in points , simply show that you don't understand it. 

That we do or don’t understand it is just your opinion though. So you are bent out of shape because you want positivity and can’t handle when people hate that they played like crap lately. That’s your issue. Law of averages sure, but it doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to be criticized. It’s your issue and you Take it personally and go on attack and have to judge who is a fan and who knows more about hockey. What gives you that right? So petty. We are all fans even if you feel

you have a right to say people aren’t or don’t know anything about hockey. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Who is acting like the sky is falling? We have three games to go off of since the break and games are only going to get tougher. The three games have seen a lot of bad habits creep into our game. Hopefully we see a change in the next three and we see them get back to their staples. We do need more from Hughes, Miller, Boeser, and Lindholm. The sky isn’t falling but we need to see improvement.

maybe because there are some chicken littles in here that are predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the season based on two games.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

maybe because there are some chicken littles in here that are predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the season based on two games.

Not at all in fact I have said if they stick to their staples as Tochett calls them, they will be alright. I am just worried because of the response from our top players. We need to see better leadership from them in terms of a response. It doesn’t mean they will continue this way. I just want to see a hard fought game tomorrow from start to finish. 

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Not at all in fact I have said if they stick to their staples as Tochett calls them, they will be alright. I am just worried because of the response from our top players. We need to see better leadership from them in terms of a response. It doesn’t mean they will continue this way. I just want to see a hard fought game tomorrow from start to finish. 

black and white love GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting note that with that Wings win they moved into a tie with the Leafs. Tampa could also leap frog them by the end of the night.

Suddenly the Leafs are a bubble team.

This makes the loss sting less - thanks! Anything to screw over the laughs 🤣

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

no I didn’t include you as one of them.  I do get that it’s disappointing when they lose.  The players are Human.  They will have bad games.  I’m not making excuses for them, they need to play better.  But it’s easy for us to sit back watching them play and expecting them to come out with a high level of effort every game.  The other team is gunning for them now based on where we are at in the standings.  I saw how angry Huggy was on the bench afterwards,  this is what I want to see.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting note that with that Wings win they moved into a tie with the Leafs. Tampa could also leap frog them by the end of the night.

Suddenly the Leafs are a bubble team.

silver lining to our loss today

Just now, DeNiro said:

Well from last season to now.

Pretty shocking considering where most people had them projected IMO.

I am not shocked especially after Treliving gave the contracts he handed out before he left Calgary. That and the fact he signed Reaves to a terrible contract. Is it that big of a surprise?

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

no I didn’t include you as one of them.  I do get that it’s disappointing when they lose.  The players are Human.  They will have bad games.  I’m not making excuses for them, they need to play better.  But it’s easy for us to sit back watching them play and expecting them to come out with a high level of effort every game.  The other team is gunning for them now based on where we are at in the standings.  I saw how angry Huggy was on the bench afterwards,  this is what I want to see.  

Ya, it was more concerning because of their response or lack there of, and not coming out and attacking Detroit after getting shut out by Boston. They just seem lackadaisical right now at certain points. The break likely wasn’t good for them.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am not shocked especially after Treliving gave the contracts he handed out before he left Calgary. That and the fact he signed Reaves to a terrible contract. Is it that big of a surprise?

They’ve been consistently in that 2-3 spot every season without many teams challenging them.

Pretty surprising yes. They are a good regular season team that can typically outscore their deficiencies.

Edited by DeNiro

They’ve been consistently in that 2-3 spot every season without many teams challenging them.

Pretty surprising yes. They are a good regular season team that can typically outscore their deficiencies.

They just have put too much money into four players. I don’t know why anyone would think that would work.

Regular season it does, playoffs not so much.

Sad part is I don’t know if there is much they can do until Mariners contract is done. I don’t like the leafs or the attitude of Toronto so it’s not sad. Lol. Weird that after seeing that this core doesn’t work that they would commit to it.

• Cheers 1