[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, it was more concerning because of their response or lack there of, and not coming out and attacking Detroit after getting shut out by Boston. They just seem lackadaisical right now at certain points. The break likely wasn’t good for them.

the most frustrating thing for me these last two games is the number of goals they’ve surrendered at the beginning of the perod.  They gave up 4 goals within the first minute of a period.  That to me is one thing they must correct.  They are chasing early even before they settle into a rhythm.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

the most frustrating thing for me these last two games is the number of goals they’ve surrendered at the beginning of the perod.  They gave up 4 goals within the first minute of a period.  That to me is one thing they must correct.  They are chasing early even before they settle into a rhythm.

Yes chasing when they should be dictating play. They need to get back to this.

• Cheers 1

I know this won't be a popular opinion, (mine usually aren't) but I don't think we can blame the refs for this loss. Bottom line is, we were up by two and then took a penalty on the offensive zone to give the Wings some life.

As far as the penalty shot goes, as a referee, you're told that any stick infraction (hook, slash, crosscheck, whatever) on a player with a clear cut breakaway (which Walman was) is a penalty shot. It's pretty much textbook.

It was hard to tell on Zadorov's hit if the principal contact was with the head, but those hits are going to be called every time. I had no confidence that the Major would be rescinded.

On the plus side, the team really stepped up after that call. (and the subsequent minor) The game could have gotten out of hand there, but the PK stepped up. Great job by DJ especially.

The team managed a road point, in a game where their backup got the start and usually, you're going to be happy with that. However, considering they were up by two going into the third, I think the boys will feel like they let this one get away....

• Cheers 3

56 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

maybe because there are some chicken littles in here that are predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the season based on two games.

And in this game we battled back for the lead on the road with the backup goalie. 

And the only reason we didn't get 2 points was a piss weak call that resulted in a penalty shot. I heard the end of the game on the radio. After seeing it on the highlights, i am in total disbelief. It was a complete fucking joke. We had 2 players get flattened with a cross check in OT and those weren't called. The Rangers and there was another one. And yet they call this.

Which is fine i guess. But it shows that we have 3 losses that weren't on merit. So without garbage calls , our record is even better.

And yet this is a game that canuckfan82 and Dom are crying about. It's just unreal.

Oh and we don't have Saucy. When we went on our win-lose streak , it was without saucy also

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Future Considerations said:

Yeah, he's amazing.  Yeah, I love this player on the Canucks.   Who are these "some players" that play a better game at fwd than Petey?    

Petey made the all star team, so there can’t be that many.

Unfortunately he’s been diagnosed by our resident psychiatrist as lacking mental toughness.

• Haha 4

NHL wanting to make sure Zadorov will be a “repeat offender” if anything questionable comes up the post season so they can suspend him again easily. That’s total BS - Raymond was right back out there as soon as he could be, and the head contact was not as bad as Raymond’s reaction led one to believe.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Petey made the all star team, so there can’t be that many.

Unfortunately he’s been diagnosed by our resident psychiatrist as lacking mental toughness.

Now isn't that ironic? That's like "the pot calling the kettle black!" 🤪😆

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

After the shoulder was the primary point of contact sure

Doesn't matter where the primary contact is if you're following through the head.  That type of hit has consistently resulted in suspensions all year long.  Zady CANNOT follow through on a hit like that.  He mistimed it only by a millisecond but it is what it is.