[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland was on the trade block last year.  His agent was even given permission to shop him around.  Nobody wanted him at $5 million.  It was reported that the Canucks would need to retain at least $1.5 million in order to trade him.  I wonder why that is?  I can’t even believe I am having a debate about whether Garland is overpaid or not…

The discussion wasn't even about what Garland makes you brought that up. It appears to be an issue with you. The discussion was about how rellevant you were or not. 

I think you just have to be right and you are spending hours telling us so. Thats why I gave you the: :picard:

I think this discussion has been played out, a while ago.:classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What is this sh!te????????

Apparently if you are a Canuck and you punch a player, its attempted murder, if you try to hit a guy, its intent to injure. This league is ridiculous.:picard:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Will Mikeyev be traded next? Hopefully. 

It sure is looking that way, this group takes very little time to fix what is not working for this team. I love it, we used to coddle these guys and now its all about the team first. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I am really curious to see whether Reilly will get any suspensions after his cross check against Ottawa

No excuse for the lack luster play out of the top 6 last couple games, but man did the nhl give us shit schedule. Back to back morning games! Ridiculous! Meanwhile oil get their BtB with LA and Anaheim..a 45min drive!!

42 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

It sure is looking that way, this group takes very little time to fix what is not working for this team. I love it, we used to coddle these guys and now its all about the team first. 

They tried having Russians and it hasn’t worked so far. Weird how none of them have really panned out. I think Mikeyev works as long as he is on the third line. Zadorov has been ok as long as he has managed minutes. I don’t know where they are going to get scoring wingers from without giving up the farm.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I am really curious to see whether Reilly will get any suspensions after his cross check against Ottawa

Listening to some of the Leafs players and the HNIC panel, you'd think it's Greig deserving of the suspension.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

On a lighter note, Ovenchicken just broke Greztky's empty net goals record with the 57th of his career in today's game ... good for Ovi!

image.thumb.png.b4c7cc1ec433db5fdb0cb9cedc3b64ae.png

Except today's I would guess:

Ovie is not going to catch Gretz for goals scored.

38 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

At least big z will be back in time to send raymond flying into the bench next time. 

The problem is that now that he's a Canuck he's not allowed to be Big Z. Those days are over.

Gotta blame the owner.

• Confused 1

Capitals 4-0 Bruins

Boston fans booed at the end of the second period as the Bruins made their way to the locker room, down 1-0 after being outplayed through two periods. The boos continued in the third and got louder when Strome’s 20th goal of the season 3:24 into the period put Washington up 2-0.

“They can cheer us if they like what they see. They can boo if they don’t,” Bruins captain Brad Marchand said. “So that’s up to them. Obviously we know we have a very passionate sports city and very passionate fans and they expect us to win every game. It’s not going to happen, but they’ve got to see the effort and obviously they didn’t like it tonight.”

You complainers Canuck fans should boo the 1st place Canucks at the start of the first home game after the road trip, then chant TANK, TANK, TANK....Go Down on Me.

LOL

Petersson has 16 points on his last 11 games.  Nine game winning goals so far this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Listening to some of the Leafs players and the HNIC panel, you'd think it's Greig deserving of the suspension.

I agreed with Kelly Hrudey. He figures it should be at least five or six games. Rielly tracked Greig down, targeted the head, brought his stick up to a cross check position, delivered the blow, then repeatedly cross checked him on his way down. He made a decision to injure, skated from some distance, and gave in to the urge to avenge some kind of insult. "But your honour, it's against the Code to slap a puck into an empty net. Bad form, don't you know." Rielly will have absolutely no defense in a hearing. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Meh, you gotta be aggressive in 3 on 3 sometimes. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t.

Pettersson losing the puck and falling down along the boards led to that play.

He didn't lose the puck.... he didn't have the puck... he was attacking the puckcarrier, took him off the puck...

You have to do that when you are in 3 on 3... if you don't attack the puck carrier, you end up in your own zone being dangled as the opposition sets up a perfect shot.

He eliminated his man, the other two Canucks then have the responsibility to take theirs.

• Vintage 3

Hunter got 21 games in 1993 for a similar cheap shot (Reilly on Greig)  although this looked a little more vicious .   Bettman in his first year looking like a young Andy Garcia lol

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sad to see, when we sold our players and lost Tanev, Toffoli and Markstrom to Calgary they were in their prime and helped Calgary win. Now on the flip side we take Zadorov and Lindholm...so far these trades aren't looking as good as they should.

Umm, with Tanev and Marky, they have 5 playoff wins over 3 years, and same in 2 years with Toff. They didn't help them win very much.

Zad has been ok for what he is, and Lindholm has been here for 3 games. It usually takes time to gel. Look how bad Horvat was with the Isles last year... Beau was as good or better producer than Bo, but Horvat turned it around this year. I'm just hoping Lindholm figures it out sooner, especially if he's a rental.

31 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

He didn't lose the puck.... he didn't have the puck... he was attacking the puckcarrier, took him off the puck...

You have to do that when you are in 3 on 3... if you don't attack the puck carrier, you end up in your own zone being dangled as the opposition sets up a perfect shot.

He eliminated his man, the other two Canucks then have the responsibility to take theirs.

exactly.. i dunno how ppl are bitching and whining about EP on that play.. he tried to be agressive to win the puck.. obviously it didn't work out.. but at worse it should be a 3v2.. the other 2 just causally let a guy without the puck behind them when we don't even have the puck.. there's literally no reason to be that far up the ice to the point of having opposing players behind you when we don't even have puck possession.. 

its fine you guys can continue blaming EP for the OT loss and just ignore the fact that without EP contribution they wouldn't even have that 1 point from the OTL

• Like 1