[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Don't understand this schedule as justification of losing games. when east coast teams play in Vancouver isn't it like 10 pm in their body clock or something?

It is easier going west than east when it comea to jetlag. Playing earlier while east compounds the problem.

However, this was game 3 on the trip IIRC, so the time should have less of an impact than if it were earlier in the trip.

I seem to recall seeing some stats about western teams underperformed on early east coast games, though. Does seem to be an issue for Canucks, that's for sure.

9 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Champion teams aren't drawn on paper, they are forged and folded like metal.

Losses and low efforts are all good lessons to learn before the playoffs. Systems are important, but practicing skill, combinations and grit are the key. If this team is going to have the stuff then they'd got to get punched and hated a few games and come back impervious to it in the postseason. 

Lindholm will hopefully gel, i think we'll miss kuzzy's scoring but what is done is done. We win with great forechecking, rolling lines and calm defence and goaltending. And heart, gotta have that. I see glimpses, let's see if they keep hammering themselves into place.

We've been missing Kuzy's scoring all year, sadly.

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Don't understand this schedule as justification of losing games. when east coast teams play in Vancouver isn't it like 10 pm in their body clock or something?

lol i'm sure it's easier for you to wake up later and stay up later..(east to west) then waking up early (west to east)

That was a way better effort than last game. Detroit has been good for a bit here, they are no pushover, and the Canucks have always struggled with early starts on Eastern road trips. Happy to get a point at least. Oilers lose to Kings, Leafs were bad... it's not easy to win in the NHL, and if the Canucks win on Sunday they will continue their run of incredibly consistent play. Every other team has lost 3 games in a row at some point except for us. Also, reffing sucks sometimes, I'm not going to worry about it because I don't think it's biased, and it evens out over time.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl and a Canucks matinee. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Would like to see the Lotto line put back together and let Lindholm's acquisition allow us to role a more flexible and heavy handed lineup.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Aman/DiGiuseppe-Suter-Lafferty

Get Mik off the top 6 he's not putting up points atm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

I can't recall ever seeing a suspension handed down the day if the infraction. Thought I was being trolled!

Just saw it again. How in the name of @#%* is that a penalty never mind a suspension. Not a serious @#$%ing league.

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

I can't recall ever seeing a suspension handed down the day if the infraction. Thought I was being trolled!

Partly maybe because it's back to back early games.  It would be more fair to the team to make adjustments if there is a suspension announced ASAP.

I don't have problem with the timing.  I think the # games is too much.  But at least Z will be back in time for the revenge game with Wings next Thursday.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I really question the physics on this…like did they think that ramp would 1: hold the vehicles weight? 2: provide enough elevation to launch the vehicle into the pool?…people can’t be that dumb…

There are millions of people out there every day screaming "HOLD MY BEER!"

• Haha 2

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Yea. Somewhat disappointing road trip success so far. Brutal road trip schedule. Back to back eastern time zone morning starts. Jeez! Stiffed again, huh?

At least we're one, one and one so far this road trip. Still 1st overall. I'll take it. 

A win against the Caps. Let's do it!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kragar said:

It is easier going west than east when it comea to jetlag. Playing earlier while east compounds the problem.

However, this was game 3 on the trip IIRC, so the time should have less of an impact than if it were earlier in the trip.

I seem to recall seeing some stats about western teams underperformed on early east coast games, though. Does seem to be an issue for Canucks, that's for sure.

While what you say is valid and I also have the same experience, I also notice my body shuts down much earlier as the evening goes. So by 9pm I would be just out.  

4 hours ago, mmkk said:

Get Mik off the top 6 he's not putting up points atm

I agree. Time to try:

Laff - miller - boeser

petey - Lindy - Hogz

Mik - Suter - Garland

Joshua - Blueger - Aman/Karlsson

i know breaking up the third line is counterintuitive but I think we need to see what other line mates have chemistry. Still need another top 6 player so Laff can move back down to the fourth line with Joshua and Blueger.

Every team is coming in at playoff mode. And if we take a pedestrian entrance every game we're going to be very disappointed.  All Star break is over, put those press clippings away, that signed McDavid stick ain't gonna help you.  Time to get back to work. And we've still got a couple of passengers to get rid of. 

We need a physical forward to help our top 6. PDG hasn't shown himself to be the answer we're looking for.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Every team is coming in at playoff mode. And if we take a pedestrian entrance every game we're going to be very disappointed.  All Star break is over, put those press clippings away, that signed McDavid stick ain't gonna help you.  Time to get back to work. And we've still got a couple of passengers to get rid of. 

We need a physical forward to help our top 6. PDG hasn't shown himself to be the answer we're looking for.

Exactly what I was thinking. We have been down this road before. We lack that physical play and effort that matches our opponents. By the time we decide to pick it up, its too late.

I like the constant assessing of what we have and we definitely have passengers still. 

We need another Joshua/Zad or two to be ready for the playoffs.

IMO, our best physical games occured when we first acquired Zad, we need to get back to that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if we don't really shake things up.

Joshua - Pettersson - Hoglander

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Lafferty - Blueger - Aman

It looks pretty good until you get to Aman, do we not have another warm body to replace him? :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

While what you say is valid and I also have the same experience, I also notice my body shuts down much earlier as the evening goes. So by 9pm I would be just out.  

That makes sense... for those with normal work hours. I assume you, like me and most others, are in or nearly in the 9-5 crowd. Hockey players likely play (top of my head guess) about 80-90% of their games in the evening.

Their days tend to start much later than us average Joes and Jills

• Cheers 1