[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Not really.  Raymond dove on the slightest contact.  Bad call by the ref should have been 2 at most

Contact was with the head. Should

be glad Raymond didn’t get injured and came back to play. Will probably go in Zadorav’s favour if he gets a call from the league since Raymond came back.

• Like 1

Just now, ngoway said:

It's been two games where we haven't been our best. Calm down

I remember when we were fighting for the last spot to the playoffs and it goes to show that every point and win counts. 

I never see these posts close to the end of the season lol

I just hope the Canucks had fun...

The Office Reaction GIF

Better game than against Boston but that was a pretty pathetic way to lose a game.

First and foremost, Lindholm has been trash. Has to be said. He was good with his screen/tips against Carolina, a very bad -4 against Boston with Petey and tonight with Miller and Boeser they looked dreadful. Lindholm certainly was over-hyped and over-rated after one big season playing with prime Gaudreau. He really doesn't suit Miller and Boeser because they're all very similar, kind of slow players. He didn't fit well with Petey against Boston and that 3-on-3 OT was a mess to watch the two of them together. We've got to find a position for him. Maybe we should load up the Lotto line and let Lindholm be our 2C? Either way, right now the trade looks dreadful. For those saying this guy deserves 8M...look how bad he is playing with All-stars. Meanwhile, it's no surprise Calgary go on a tear and Huberdeau starts to heat up now they've gotten rid of him. Got to be a lot better for what he's cost us.

Petey looked great on his own line but I think a big part of that was how good Hoglander is. The kid deserves to be in this top-6 permanently now, and playing him alongside someone with skill works well. Suter also looked good.

Blueger and Garland were average but Joshua was arguably our best player tonight. Monstrous PK, some nifty plays here and there but defensively brilliant.

4th line didn't do anything, Aman was invisible and Mikheyev tragic again. He has had a bad year, whether it's because of the surgery or he's just not that good, I think Allvin will and maybe should trade him if he keeps this up. 5M for a 4th liner who deserves a bunch of healthy scratches. We traded Kuzmenko for far less and now he's tearing it up on Calgary's top line. Meanwhile we keep Mikheyev who you barely notice is in the game.

Hughes was solid tonight but made to look pretty bad in OT, he was out of position and shouldn't be letting guys get behind him but must have been thinking that Petey and Lindholm were going to steal the puck. Hronek was fantastic tonight obviously with his points but did make some mistakes.

Myers had a bad mistake in the first minute then played a really tidy defensive and physical game. Cole was perfect and un-noticeable which is what you want from a defenceman, Zadorov with another stupid penalty and badly timed hit costs the team big time and amazing showing by Juulsen.

On the whole, horrible way to lose a game but to be fair they turned it on and we didn't match their intensity. We're looking like pretenders right now, and have to figure out how to use Lindholm well because right now Calgary's won that trade a hundred times over.

• Like 1

Nux are still undefeated in reg, leading after 2 periods, correct?

Quick turnaround tomorrow.

Dig deep and get the pt streak going.  

Nor going to be on every game.  

We'll get them next week.  

2 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Calm down boys 

The game was ok and 1 point is fine

Next one

Agreed. They had some miscues but they didnt play horrible. Everyone expects them to win every game, Boston was a baaaad game. They were expected to bounce back today but didnt come out with the win. Some things to clean up and onto the next one. If we win the next 2 and take 7 of 10 points, I would say this was a successful road trip. 

Just now, Qwags said:

Reffing was bad, but Canucks need to lock it down. Can't be giving up the lead like that.

We have to go into games expecting to get bad calls.

We have to be ready to overcome that. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Guadeloupe Jones said:

First time since Mid November they’ve lost two in a row.  Chilllllll.

-Guadeloupe Jones 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 in a row. Ovi has 3 goals in his last 3 games, the great eight is back 

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Can’t blame the refs for that. The team took their foot off the gas and let them back into the game. We won’t get beneficial reffing in the playoffs and we’ll be playing better teams. 

On the bright side, Washington has to travel and they’re playing rn so I wouldn’t count us out for tomorrow 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was supposed to be a response game to last gane. This is the issue. This is the best they could do after being spanked?

The team played better than they did in Boston. We only + the refs hurt ourselves by taking so many penalties. It's also a morning game on the road which is never easy.

I'm all for critiquing the team when needed, but come on, the team is in 1st (as of right now) and it's been two bad games.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Is Zadorov becoming a liability?

I think he's always going to be dicey in that he can make a poor play either mobility wise or penalty wise at anytime.

People calling out the refs are crazy. Terrible play by both Petey and Hughes and he fouled the player who had a clear cut breakaway.

No one to blame but themselves.

That is a good team over there. One of the quickest attack teams I've seen this year.

Onto the Caps tomorrow. Should be winnable. Caps just starting now against Boston.

• Like 2