[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I see the Petey whiners have shutup at least.

Game not exactly a shining example of Refereeing... how is Hughes catching up to the breakaway and pushing Walman down a penalty?

Otherwise a decent effort by the team...  Detroit is a good team... they will be in the top 25% of the league for a while.

On to the next game.

Umm Petey has been terrible the last 3 games. 

Points are great and all, but his defensive play has put him well out of selke discussion and have cost us goals and likely games.

He was -4 in Boston and had 2nd lowest ice time.

He is still falling all over the place. He isn't making anyone better around him. 

Petey has only strung together maybe 4 weeks of good hockey this season. That's if you have enough hockey sense to watch the games and not focus only on his point totals.

On the plus side at least his aav will be lower!

Edited by JayDangles
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I don't care if they win it or not, what I really want to see if we can win a round first 

I care. I just want to see urgency. They really lack urgency. Seem to turn things on when they feel like it and they seem ok with it. Where is the accountability right now. This was the response game to the last game? Embrassed last game. This is the show some pride game. They lack something in that dressing room still. It’s likely a player like a Tochett. I bet he wishes he could still play.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Didn't give up a SHG.

Got a pt. 

Baby steps. 

Sounds more like glass half full statements for bottom feeding teams instead of a 1st place team. What's next moral victories ?😂

Edited by iinatcc

8 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

Petey had 3 points but come on stop losing the puck in their zone which led to the 3rd goal and being super aggressive on the OT

Obviously you are blind as well as being a pathetic puke Petey whiner.

Petey didn't lose the puck on the 3-3... it was shot into the Canucks zone and Hronek misplayed it allowing Detroit to turn it over.  Then went back to the point and was fired in.  Nothing to do with Pettersson.

And in the OT, he checked the Detroit player and he was out of the play... which means it was 2 on 2 for the rest of the players... and the Canucks should have covered their man... the fact it ended up as a breakaway is not on Pettersson.

So f*ck you and the rest of the pathetic puke Peteywhiners.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They did it to themselves.

Could have cruised to a nice boring win but were undisciplined and got drawn in by Detroit to mix it up and give them and the crowd life.

Agreed. I would rather see Canucks play the 3rd period the way they did against the Hurricanes and win, then how it played out today.

Just now, Jaimito said:

Forgot Nux were playing with 5 D for big chunk of the game.  Doesn't help. 

What scratches my head is how we start a game, giving up a goal within a minute in. Even though we had a good 2nd period we did it to ourselves becoming undisciplined and poor decisions 

Are we still undefeated in reg when leading going into the 3rd?

If so, that is an amazing stat.

Really leads to the idea that we will be strong in the playoffs.

Gotta get a bit more effort going down the stretch and we should be fine.

What a great season this is. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

Detroit were 6-2-2 going into this game, scrapping for a playoff spot.  The incessant whining implying this should be a gimme game was rather puzzling (from the bot that posts 300 times)  Difference between first place and 8th isnt much in terms of talent - this isnt the 85 oilers where they could win at will when everyone just tried.  Thats a desperate team with some talented players on a roll playing at home.

I liked Hoggy on Petey's line.  Pete needs a guy like that to win board battles and go into the dirty areas.  I think what is holding back (and why it takes a lot for the coach to promte him) sometimes are his decisions.  Case in point today - takes that bad penalty early in the third - a needless penalty in the o zone that gives Detroit a goal and the momentum back.  Hes on the cusp of breaking out this season, hopefully he cleans up some of his mistakes.  

We need Soucy back.  Calms everyone down.

Great post ... and this is why Hoagie hasn't moved up the line-up. Takes a bad penalty 3 minutes into the 3rd, 100 feet from his own net. Would have been better served waiting or dumping it in at the blueline. Gotta remember where you are in the game at all times. That's been his knock for a while.

This was a good team we played. 

Soucy is sorely missed and will make a big difference. I'm starting to worry about our mobility on the backend as we ramp up here down the stretch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, JayDangles said:

Umm Petey has been terrible the last 3 games. 

Points are great and all, but his defensive play has put him well put of selke discussion.

He was -4 in Boston and had 2nd lowest ice time.

He is still falling all over the place. 

Petey has only strung together maybe 4 weeks of good hockey this season. That's if you have enough hockey sense to watch the games and not focus only on his point totals.

On the plus side at least his aav will be lower!

He might just not be built the way McDavid and other stars are built in terms of being mentally strong. He just seems weak in that regard.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Our backup continues to get us points you can’t ask for more than that.

Kinda surprised Demko didn’t get this game though. Usually you dress your best lineup in the first game.

I had desmith pencilled in due to the 2 other road games this week and the quick turnaround.

Caps did the same so it's 1 v 1 in net.

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I care. I just want to see urgency. They really lack urgency. Seem to turn things on when they feel like it and they seem ok with it. Where is the accountability right now. This was the response game to the last game? Embrassed last game. This is the show some pride game. They lack something in that dressing room still. It’s likely a player like a Tochett. I bet he wishes he could still play.

They need Tocc type player to play with Petey and Lindholm 

• Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

@Dom

i get it.

You think we suck.

I think we are great.

Now get off my fucking lawn. 

Pretty sure I can do as I please. If you don't like it hit the block button it is there for a reason.